• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you score the fight?

D-.
Try harder.
lol, im not even trying a bit.
Im usually with you in the War Room, and vslue your opinion on boxing. I just think you like to be different and get stubborn about defending your views.
115-111 is what i wohld get if i gave every single round possible to Wilder. It may be what you truly did, or it may be that you coerced yourself that way in response to everyone complaining. But it happens a lot with you.
i like it. Youre a great presence here.

lol, im not even trying a bit.
Im usually with you in the War Room, and vslue your opinion on boxing. I just think you like to be different and get stubborn about defending your views.
115-111 is what i wohld get if i gave every single round possible to Wilder. It may be what you truly did, or it may be that you coerced yourself that way in response to everyone complaining. But it happens a lot with you.
i like it. Youre a great presence here.
This fight was pretty close. People were shocked at how well Fury did so they were giving him every close round. 95% of them are brits too.

Lol at people letting the geezer troll them.
He's not trolling, he's actually serious. And he will never I repeat NEVER admit he is in the wrong. And you can pretty much predict who he's going to score against before he does. He doesn't score well if you are European, especially when they are fighting Americans. That includes Asians as well if they are fighting Americans.

Okay dude.

<Fedor23>
So you had no point?

Keep watching fights with your own made up rules and then wonder why you have the wrong score every time. But its not your ignorance. No. Its those pro judges who are just out to get Tyson Fury or whatever dumb conspiracy theory people come up with.

He's not trolling, he's actually serious. And he will never I repeat NEVER admit he is in the wrong.
I don't say things I believe are wrong. How long are you guys going to talk about me? Just checked boxrec, fight is still a draw.

He's not trolling, he's actually serious. And he will never I repeat NEVER admit he is in the wrong.
I know. He and another poster never admit they're wrong and it's best to leave them be.

People know what they're about but insist on trying to change their mind...don't understand why they would waste their time.

Are you talking about the judges here ?
Thats true and not true at the same time. There are 4 scoring criteria and when one guy isn't clearly separating himself from the other with punches landed, then it gets troubling. One judge sees a slickster running or "avoiding the fight." The next judge thinks he's outboxing his opponent. One judge sees the guy coming forward and throwing as the effective aggressor, one judge prefers the defense and ring generalship of the guy who is counter punching.

Judges have styles they prefer, just like fans do.

Fans seem to not understand that anymore. They don't seem to understand that a split decision is perfectly logical, in many cases.

The post was mainly directed to people applying mixed martial arts scoring criteria or any criteria different from the boxing scoring criteria, 10 point must scoring system, Queensberry scoring rules etc.

I've seen several posts saying "fury was almost ktfo so a draw is fair" . Or ""Wilder did more damage"

That just isn't how it works.

I can certainly understand the perspective but it applies in a philosophical context only.

I know. He and another poster never admit they're wrong and it's best to leave them be.

People know what they're about but insist on trying to change their mind...don't understand why they would waste their time.
So why is it me talking about the fight and you talking about me? Snide posts on sherdog won't change the result of the fight.

The post was mainly directed to people applying mixed martial arts scoring criteria or any criteria different from the boxing scoring criteria, 10 point must scoring system, Queensberry scoring rules etc.

I've seen several posts saying "fury was almost ktfo so a draw is fair" . Or ""Wilder did more damage"

That just isn't how it works.

I can certainly understand the perspective but it applies in a philosophical context only.
Agree. Most fans who post here in the boxing forum don't understand how the rules work.

latest

I haven't rewatched after watching last night, but it's really not that hard to see 3 rounds for Wilder outside the ones where he floored Fury. Fury made him look bad a lot, but he went several whole rounds without mounting much of any offense. 5 rounds for Wilder outside of the ones where he floored Fury is hard to figure out, but Fury is nowhere near active enough offensively to get mad about potentially losing 3 of those rounds.

It is interesting to see MMA fans lionize and extremely defensive fighter who doesn't really do a whole lot offensively, though. I thought that type of fighter was the reason they hated boxing.

I haven't rewatched after watching last night, but it's really not that hard to see 3 rounds for Wilder outside the ones where he floored Fury. Fury made him look bad a lot, but he went several whole rounds without mounting much of any offense. 5 rounds for Wilder outside of the ones where he floored Fury is hard to figure out, but Fury is nowhere near active enough offensively to get mad about potentially losing 3 of those rounds.

It is interesting to see MMA fans lionize and extremely defensive fighter who doesn't really do a whole lot offensively, though. I thought that type of fighter was the reason they hated boxing.
IMO, you're seeing two things here.

1. Bitter brits.

2. The underdog performed a lot better than people expected and thought he was more dominant in close rounds than he was.

No one getting dropped hard in two rounds dominated shit. Fury didn't clearly win all 10 of the remaining rounds.

I don't think that is unreasonable as I had Wilder winning two rounds apart from the knockdowns. But even if you have 3 rounds to Wilder that would still mean the score was 113-113 NOT anywhere close to being 115-111 Wilder.

Agree. Most fans who post here in the boxing forum don't understand how the rules work.
Same thing in the MMA forums. It can be frustrating.

But I certainly appreciate the well thought out discussions when you find them and it is worth sifting through a bit of nonsense.

Back