How did Khabib outstrike RDA, but Pettis couldnt??

just like Cain performed so well in the striking against JDS but sucked against Werdum, even before Cain gassed

TAKEDOWN THREAT (JDS was terrified of a takedown and Werdum didnt care), thats well known TS, please

That first trip is a thing of beauty. Pulling it off professionally too. It's pretty cool to spot new techniques make it to the Octagon that you wouldn't have seen say 10 years ago, especially some of the kicking and take down games now.

Uhhhh, that's just a simple Harai Goshi.

I dont understand how people dont understand how sometimes a good fighter steps up after a loss and evolves greatly (mainly from a loss which now seems like a long time ago) and is now just a completely different fighter.We've seen it time and time again.And we'll find out if RDA has been putting anything into his body that he shouldn't be with the new harsh penalties that will be in place before RDA defends in December.
The RDA that fought Kabib is not the same fighter that crushed Pettis.

forward pressure and threat of the takedown

Even though I agree, and I saw the fight, I still can't get over RDA being threatened by the takedown. It's not as if he's a noob on the mat.

Then again, he hadn't reached his final form yet.

blah blah all them fancy pitchers and words you dun posted. Time and time again it's been said: RDA landed a massive left (I believe) in the first and Pettis didn't recover. They were saying he wasn't with it in the locker room after the fight. Many times I've heard/read many people say this.

not threadworthy. again with the whitebelting.

You know what they said about an other fighter who 'never recovered'.. Renan Barao come in to a rematch and got killed even worse than the first fight. If this trend will continue.. please get injured Pettis, I am still a fan.. but Khabib > both

Threat of a takedown certainly helps, but he's a better striker than some people around here give him credit for. Unorthodox and in need of some fine tuning, but he's not a bad striker.

really, this guy has a 2004 account and doesnt know this basic difference?

blah blah all them fancy pitchers and words you dun posted. Time and time again it's been said: RDA landed a massive left (I believe) in the first and Pettis didn't recover. They were saying he wasn't with it in the locker room after the fight. Many times I've heard/read many people say this.

not threadworthy. again with the whitebelting.
This is the same sort of thing people were saying about Renan Barao after TJ gave him the ass whooping of a lifetime. I don't see why people buy this excuse given the sort of punishment a guy like Edgar has taken only to come back and win. He got dropped three times in the first yet could stage a comeback but Pettis and Barao got too rocked from one punch to fight? Pettis didn't even get dropped by the punch and we're supposed to believe it got him so rocked he couldn't compete? Fact is he got stomped by RDA who actually had a valid issue, a torn MCL, and still found a way to win.
it was a fucking fantastic punch too. Props to Dos Anjos for throwing it but more props for Pettis for withstanding it.

he said, posting in the same thread he previously shat uponst for coming from the white belt.
But according to you he only barely withstood it, given he was too rocked from it to fight normally.

Khabib said a thousand times that RDA was going to beat Pettis while all sherdoggers were on Showtime nuts.

Pettis is awesome but he needs space. Pressure fighters like RDA or Khabib are kryptonite for his fighting style.

That was when he was merely big head Dos Anjos. Now he's big shoulders Dos Anjos.

Wrestling threat is real.

^ this.

Same reason GSP outstruck BJ Penn, Thiago Alves and other superior strikers.

Heck ... Chael Sonnen knocked Silva down with a punch too.

It is 2015 ... I can't believe any seriously doesn't understand this yet.

Ground strikes count. Khabib put a crazy pace on RDA and landed a lot while standing, on the ground, against the cage, and during scrambles. Pettis couldn't do much because he was on his back for a good portion of the match and he doesn't have a Ben Saunders level guard.

Not that hard to figure out.

Looking at the thread topic before opening the actual thread I thought to myself - this guy must be new, it's called threat of a TD which takes away all striking credentials.

Now that I opened it and saw your join date - I have no explanation as to why would you ask such a questions.

^ this.

Same reason GSP outstruck BJ Penn, Thiago Alves and other superior strikers.

Heck ... Chael Sonnen knocked Silva down with a punch too.

It is 2015 ... I can't believe any seriously doesn't understand this yet.

uhh gsp doesnt outstrike people cuz of wrestling threat

he is an amazing striker, freddy roach said he was the 2nd best striker in MMA after anderson

the guy is talented in every area

Back