How did Khabib outstrike RDA, but Pettis couldnt??

its crazy to think a guy who gets such heat about his unorthodox striking from everyone saying its bad, but hes able to outstrike everyone he fights, but whats most interesting is the stats from the RDA fight.. especially considering RDA outstruck Pettis.

so sherdog,

explain it.

tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif
heres your answer

Ground and clinch strikes included. I don't remember Khabib landing much in that fight but I was in a dream state after the first round.

those are some pretty sambo maneuvers from old sheesh kabib

Normally I would say good secondary troll account thread, but you wasted too much of your own time looking up the stats of the fight and posting pictures/gifs.

So

SiN92.gif

its called having the threat of a takedown, nothing to do with his actual striking technique

His grappling is by far superior to anybody's at lw
He is physically the strongest fighter at 155. Super strength for his size. His punches are heavy because of that raw strength and power. He throws sloppy punches but they're fast and they hurt. I think a very technical striker that moves well and that obviously good TDD will be the one that can beat him. Whether or not a fighter is out there right now is the question. If Cerrone had better TDD he would definitely be the man. Pettis could maybe catch him in a sub off of his back. Barboza would get rag dolled I'm sure. Alvarez may do ok if he can stay away from the take down. Other than that, I can't think of anyone else. If Gunnar was to drop to 155 that would be interesting.

That first trip is a thing of beauty. Pulling it off professionally too. It's pretty cool to spot new techniques make it to the Octagon that you wouldn't have seen say 10 years ago, especially some of the kicking and take down games now.

No, they are split up.

Ground strikes, Khabib's 21 to Rafael's1,
Standing strikes, Khabib's 97 to Rafael's 56

Total sig strikes: 118 Khabib, 57 RDA

I assume you're using fightmetric. If you are then you've been reading it wrong.

97 and 56 are total significant strikes attempted by Khabib and RDA respectively. What they landed was 36 and 20 significant strikes.

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/9d1722fb8b83a92a

lol get fucked

KaBeebier is made of glass. I wanted him to be champ, but he is always broken.

TS is member since 2004 and doesn't understand the huge effect of the threat of takedowns on an opponents's offense?

Weird.

Dos Anjos improved massively.

People had to start PED rumors because that's how scary he got

and he did that to Pettis with a busted mcl

Threat of takedown and RDA becoming a better striker.

Obviously it wasnt his striking he was worried about.

Takedown threat.

Also RDA landed a beautiful left hook on Pettis early on and it looked like Pettis never recovered from it. Was definitely a perfect performance from RDA and he looked the best he ever has.

Back