How devastating would a loss to Khabib be for Conor?

It would be a loss to the champ. Really no big deal. Unless you're GSP, the elites tend to eventually run into their kryptonite. Wouldn't be any shame in it.

I think Conor cares about money and prosperity, even still.

upload_2020-1-20_12-25-24.png

I think he'd find 120 reasons+ to deal with not being able to beat Khabib.

tumblr_o5lpizdZ7t1u7i86wo1_400.gifv

Well, he would definitely take up drinking again.

It would be a loss to the champ. Really no big deal. Unless you're GSP, the elites tend to eventually run into their kryptonite. Wouldn't be any shame in it.

He lost to nate as well who has a completely different skillset. Also lost to floyd who is a tiny raisin person

Theyll do anything for conor

Fair enough but if he loses the 2nd fight and THEN a 3rd and he loses all 3.....how do you recover from that even if you do keep getting money fights afterwards? 3 losses to the same guy would be unimaginable devastation. Idk how he could walk around like a badass with that fact in the back of his head 24/7.

Fair enough but if he loses the 2nd fight and THEN a 3rd and he loses all 3.....how do you recover from that even if you do keep getting money fights afterwards? 3 losses to the same guy would be unimaginable devastation. Idk how he could walk around like a badass with that fact in the back of his head 24/7.

He lost to nate, so many lightweights have utterly crushed nate. Even the second fight was only a majority decision. And when he lost to khabib, im STILL open to someone telling me how that wasnt the most fouls committed in a single fight, it was ridiculous, and he STILL lost. And ALL of his losses are subs, basically put him in pressure on the ground and hes just looking for a way out asap.

This is the way he has been operating for years, his resume is pretty mediocre (ZERO title defences, stripped twice etc), yet people still think the sun shines out his arse

His buzz as a fighter has been dead for ages now yet still he carries on. 2nd loss to khabib? "Ahhh he lost his focus because of his court cases, come on guys its only fair we do the trilogy"...3rd loss to khabib? "Well now we figured out at the performance institute that he had lymes disease this whole time...now we get to see conor the way he always should have been"...theres no end to the bullshit they will use to promote this guy and the public will dumbly lap it up as always

He lost to nate, so many lightweights have utterly crushed nate. Even the second fight was only a majority decision. And when he lost to khabib, im STILL open to someone telling me how that wasnt the most fouls committed in a single fight, it was ridiculous, and he STILL lost. And ALL of his losses are subs, basically put him in pressure on the ground and hes just looking for a way out asap.

This is the way he has been operating for years, his resume is pretty mediocre (ZERO title defences, stripped twice etc), yet people still think the sun shines out his arse

His buzz as a fighter has been dead for ages now yet still he carries on. 2nd loss to khabib? "Ahhh he lost his focus because of his court cases, come on guys its only fair we do the trilogy"...3rd loss to khabib? "Well now we figured out at the performance institute that he had lymes disease this whole time...now we get to see conor the way he always should have been"...theres no end to the bullshit they will use to promote this guy and the public will dumbly lap it up as always

A little bit exaggerated but I see your point. It’s just hard for me to see how Conor could still be as cocky as ever and not lose a piece of himself from a 2nd or 3rd loss to the same opponent.

If Khabib rematches Conor and beats him again...i fear for the elderly population of Ireland

He lost to nate as well who has a completely different skillset. Also lost to floyd who is a tiny raisin person

The Nate loss was avenged, and nobody cares that he lost to one of the GOAT boxers...in a boxing match.

Ask Daniel Cormier

he’s had a brilliant career aside from Jon Jones. It’s obvious Jones is a better fighter.

he split with Stipe

The Nate loss was avenged, and nobody cares that he lost to one of the GOAT boxers...in a boxing match.

I do know what you mean but at the end of the fight the ref pulled nate off conor, he was on top of him dishing out ground and pound. Avenged isnt the word i would personally use, maybe thats just me...but yknow...a 2nd round finish...vs that...thats no revenge i ever heard of

Floyd is retired and pillowfisted but yr entitled to yr opinion. I do factor in that conor was predicting an early knockout, it does affect his legacy because many many times now when he hypes a fight he can't do anything like what he claims...no point listening to him as hes full of shit and loses a lot

Ask Daniel Cormier

he’s had a brilliant career aside from Jon Jones. It’s obvious Jones is a better fighter.

he split with Stipe

Idk if it’s quite the same with DC. He never had the aura that Conor has and didn’t become popular to the casual/non mma fans. He’s a humble guy for the most part and not cocky or flamboyant the way Conor is. Jon Jones ended their rivalry with that 2nd win but it hasn’t devastated DC the way Conor losing twice to Khabib would be.

Unless Khabib manages to lose before the rematch, a loss to him is not going to affect anyone's career that much. Jones is in the same position as Khabib.

1 loss to the guy, he can deal with and still be a huge UFC superstar. But if he has an 0-2 record against someone, he’s basically at the point of no return because there won’t be a third fight.

Even if he fought outside of Lightweight, how can he be as big a star with everyone knowing he’s been owned by another fighter with no other shot at redemption?

It would hurt, but I don't think it would be 'devastating'.

Never underestimate the power of the UFC marketing machine and the delusion of fanboys. Another decisive loss would be a tough pill to swallow, but the UFC and Conor could still move forward.

Theoretically, Conor can compete at 145 and 170, so walking away from LW as long as Khabib is there is very possible.

IMHO, the question would be more about how motivated Conor would be to stay in the game.

Floyd is retired and pillowfisted but yr entitled to yr opinion.

That doesn't matter when he's facing what amounts to an amateur boxer. It would be no different than if Tito Ortiz took out Manny Pacquio in an MMA match. It doesn't say much to their skills in their individual sports.

That doesn't matter when he's facing what amounts to an amateur boxer. It would be no different than if Tito Ortiz took out Manny Pacquio in an MMA match. It doesn't say much to their skills in their individual sports.

When conor constantly sells himself as an invincible ko machine and he gets crushed by a retired pillowfisted midget...it matters

Khabib is undefeated, floyd undefeated, jon jones at least realistically undefeated, plenty of guys exist that have achieved far more than conor ever will. Conor continues to hype himself as this unique phenom when in reality he isnt even champ in his own weight class.

I listed a bunch of guys we've never seen defeated, and we have seen conor defeated a bunch of times, each time looking like shit. Who gives a fuck about conor when there are real champions around?

No way man. Doesn’t compare. He didn’t hide behind a pillow and disappear off the face of the earth and contemplate suicide on national television and then basically quit the sport until being talked into one more fight by Dana. Not even close.

It doesn’t compare? Conor hasn’t admitted that Khabib rag dolled his ass and made him tap like a bitch. Conor has gone on several weird late night rants on Twitter.

Sadly, Conor has tried to play it off by calling Khabib a jock sniffer and other stupid shit....

Listen, if Conor wants Khabib to stand up and fight him like a man, Conor has to make Khabib respect him like a man.

It doesn’t compare? Conor hasn’t admitted that Khabib rag dolled his ass and made him tap like a bitch. Conor has gone on several weird late night rants on Twitter.

Sadly, Conor has tried to play it off by calling Khabib a jock sniffer and other stupid shit....

Listen, if Conor wants Khabib to stand up and fight him like a man, Conor has to make Khabib respect him like a man.

You can’t possibly think that the way Conor dealt with his loss to Khabib was anywhere close to as bad as the way Ronda handled her loss to Holm and Nunes. She literally quit the sport she loved that made her famous and a sports icon because she couldn’t handle not being undefeated. Her words were “What am I if I can’t be this?” I could go on and on but we all know what happened. You’re apples and oranges on this one.

Back