How devastating would a loss to Khabib be for Conor?

USAwrestling532

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1 loss to the guy, he can deal with and still be a huge UFC superstar. But if he has an 0-2 record against someone, he’s basically at the point of no return because there won’t be a third fight.

Even if he fought outside of Lightweight, how can he be as big a star with everyone knowing he’s been owned by another fighter with no other shot at redemption?

Well, he would definitely take up drinking again.

It just doesn't matter that much for Conor , at least not for the money UFC will pay to him to participate in the Reebok show.
I would say he could lose 5 fights in a row and still earn more per fight then all other fighters in that division together.

Doubt it would bother him so very much.

He seems a lot more level headed about his losses than his biggest fans or biggest detractors.

Doubt it would bother him so very much.

He seems a lot more level headed about his losses than his biggest fans or biggest detractors.

I often wonder what would’ve happened to Ronda if she had handled her losses the way Conor has.

At the very least it will put Conor into a superfights era of his career. Chasing the belt will pretty much be a thing of the past and he'll have to focus on big money fights. Another tune up maybe then he'll do Nate 3, or challenge for the BMF belt. Maybe a GSP freakshow fight at 170. Maybe he'd go back to boxing.

I think it would truly humble him to the point where he squashes it with Khabib.

He would still be wealthy and have the opportunity to live a good life.

I often wonder what would’ve happened to Ronda if she had handled her losses the way Conor has.
Ya she seems to be the poster child for the worst reaction to losing in this sport. Her mom brought her up pretty focused on one single thing. That's usually unhealthy.

It would be a blow to Conor's ego but at the end of the day some fighters have their nemesis. That's life.
I don't think it would be that devastating for Conor on the long term, this is Khabib we're talking about.

Dc - Jon Jones
Kevin Lee - Al Iaquinta
Conor _ Khabib (for now)
Max Holloway - Dustin Poirier
Those losses don't seem to really weigh much in the guy's careers

And I am probably forgetting many others.

Conor hasn’t handled his loss to Khabib well.

No way man. Doesn’t compare. He didn’t hide behind a pillow and disappear off the face of the earth and contemplate suicide on national television and then basically quit the sport until being talked into one more fight by Dana. Not even close.

If it were a 5 rd war with him losing a decision, it wouldn't be that bad. But if he loses like he did last time, yea it would be bad.

He’d probably just say 170lbs is his “natural” weight class and just move up again.

It'd be devastating.
But to be a fair, if Khabib lost to him it'd be even worse for Khabib IMO.

I believe he'd start drinking and fighting random people in the street again.

Khabib made him humble, made him give up alcagool for months. Converted sinead to islam. Its over for conor.

I think it would be less damaging than if he lost to Jorge Masvidal or something

Most likely he would be disappointed in himself that he lost to Conrat more so than losing the title, sponsorships, future income from fighting etc....

And I would lose respect for him as a Khabib fan if he were to come out with a thousand excuses for his loss like Conrat did.

Back