Media How Conor McGregor did his shoulder strike

Conor basically found a way to disrupt Cowboy's headkick coming off the clinch.

Yet goofies will say that we never seen anything like that before. Yep, we never seen somebody doing nothing in the clinch and getting hit 4 times with a shoulder.

they work great when you just stand and let them hit you

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Exactly any elite fighter would have reacted after the first strike

We gonna pretend like Conor invented those? We saw them so many times before, nothing special.

Cerrone just stood there and took not one, two or three but fucking 4.

On the first one, Khabib would drop level and take Conor's ass down. Or any other fighter who had an intention of winning.

But Cerrone gonna Cerrone and go derp mode in every big fight. Kinda glad he got fucked up that much in such a short time even though I hate Conor.

maybe Cerrone didn’t expect the second shoulder strike to break his nose. I mean, it’s a fucking shoulder strike—when’s the last time a shoulder strike did anything. The third quickly came after the 2nd, then Cerrone disengaged—but it was too late.

Cerrone has shown tendencies of letting guys tee off on him in the clinch. This isn't the first time he just held onto a guy in the clinch and absorbed numerous unanswered shots.
True...but shoulder strikes? Come on, that's dumb even for Cerrone

Its crazy cause literally nothing is stopping Cerrone from simply putting his head/face on opposite side of Conors head after the first solid one...

I think a subtle detail is that Conor may have generated even more power by pulling down on the bicep tie, which simultaneously prevents the opponent from defending.

Conor said he practiced this in sparring. I'm curious how you can practice this without hurting your sparring partner.
That's because its bullshit

Pathetic fight

cowboy deliberately didn’t finish the takedown

Certainly got in under deep enough certainly had the hand position to elevate the already elevated Conor he just seemed to back out of it...

giphy.gif
Interesting....

I know I said the fight wasn't scripted, but FFS Donald actually attempted nothing?

I get Conor was good, but Donald looked like he walked off the street

I don't think that is just down to how good Conor was either

Aldo did far better

Least he landed a punch
It's like fighters get rocked by strikes or some shit like that.

lol I'm joking that sht was fixed look into it.

True...but shoulder strikes? Come on, that's dumb even for Cerrone
Perhaps he was just underestimating how effective they would be until it was too late? Cerrone hasn't always shown to have the highest fight IQ.

he showed that this technique could be much more dangerous than everyone was thinking with making much more damage.

No he didn't.

Cerrone has been knocked out in the first round 5 times in the UFC. If you count Masvidal (as you should) that actually makes 6. The reason he was picked for this booking is specifically because he freezes up and gets crumbled right out of the gate in big fights.

He was literally coming off a first round KO loss in his previous fight with JG.

Cowboy did his signature move and froze up and let Conor hit him with the same spammed, low percentage technique three times in a row. Go watch RDA just blitz him like it was nothing, or Pettis fold him in half.

Ah the good old shamrock shoulder. Was like a sumo move or how sea lions fight

they work great when you just stand and let them hit you

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif
The knee stumbled him a bit, you can even see how Cerrones footwork looks weird after eating the knee. Then at that point he was trying to push Conor to the cage and started eating shoulder strikes

Pathetic fight

cowboy deliberately didn’t finish the takedown

Certainly got in under deep enough certainly had the hand position to elevate the already elevated Conor he just seemed to back out of it...

giphy.gif
Interesting....

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that pathetic TD attempt. That's when I knew shit was suspect

Back