Media How Conor McGregor did his shoulder strike

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that pathetic TD attempt. That's when I knew shit was suspect

Putting Conor on his back so quickly would've been far too embarrassing to Dana...

they work great when you just stand and let them hit you

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif
This. 100%
McHuggers act like this is some revolutionary technique no one has used.
He didn’t even have Donald secured, Cowboy didn’t move at all.

I'm trying not to hate on Conor, but there is something fucking strange about Cowboy's performance

what's strange about it? 36 year old fighter at the end of his 50 fight career who lost 6 of his last 10 fights gets clowned by an elite fighter at his peak.

I think a subtle detail is that Conor may have generated even more power by pulling down on the bicep tie, which simultaneously prevents the opponent from defending.

Conor said he practiced this in sparring. I'm curious how you can practice this without hurting your sparring partner.
They make headgear that covers damn near everything and he may have stopped just shy of bashing their face in.

No he didn't.

Cerrone has been knocked out in the first round 5 times in the UFC. If you count Masvidal (as you should) that actually makes 6. The reason he was picked for this booking is specifically because he freezes up and gets crumbled right out of the gate in big fights.

He was literally coming off a first round KO loss in his previous fight with JG.

Cowboy did his signature move and froze up and let Conor hit him with the same spammed, low percentage technique three times in a row. Go watch RDA just blitz him like it was nothing, or Pettis fold him in half.

Yes when Jones hit few guys with shoulder you could see that it annoys opponents but Conor broke Cowboys fuckin nose with that shoulder technique. So, that's my argument.

We gonna pretend like Conor invented those? We saw them so many times before, nothing special.

Cerrone just stood there and took not one, two or three but fucking 4.

On the first one, Khabib would drop level and take Conor's ass down. Or any other fighter who had an intention of winning.

But Cerrone gonna Cerrone and go derp mode in every big fight. Kinda glad he got fucked up that much in such a short time even though I hate Conor.
Lmao so butthurt
<{you!}>

I know I said the fight wasn't scripted, but FFS Donald actually attempted nothing?

I get Conor was good, but Donald looked like he walked off the street

I don't think that is just down to how good Conor was either

Aldo did far better

Least he landed a punch

I haven't re-watched the fight, but it appeared from his eyes that he was actually a bit dazed from the initial bounce of his head off conor's leg. Also, a re-break of his nose couldn't have helped.

But, also, seriously wtf cowboy. That was just awful.

After Conroy misses the left, Cowboy can easyly complete the TD but remembers he agreed$$$ to keep it standing

Yes when Jones hit few guys with shoulder you could see that it annoys opponents but Conor broke Cowboys fuckin nose with that shoulder technique. So, that's my argument.

Its like saying Travis Browne made the front kick more dangerous because (too many fighters to list) annoys opponents landing it but he knocked Overeem fuckn out with that front kick strike!

Cowboy and Overeem have a signature move that is getting knocked out in the first round. Both guys let someone spam a low percentage technique repeatedly, because they froze. Nothing to see here folks.

Fight exhibition talent get exhibition level results.

giphy.gif

Well, we are talking about the same guy who just let Alvarez free shot him in the clinch.
Poor Conor haters need something to cling on lmao I've never seen a fight so critically analyzed. Conor really did a number on these poor losers.

After Conroy misses the left, Cowboy can easyly complete the TD but remembers he agreed$$$ to keep it standing

Cerrone was never a good wrestler. I would not suggest foul play. But a better wrestler (like 99% of WW roster) would have completed that TD. Someone like Colby would have grapplefucked Conor into oblivion.

It's actually quite simple, he just high kicked him with his shoulder.

Its like saying Travis Browne made the front kick more dangerous because (too many fighters to list) annoys opponents landing it but he knocked Overeem fuckn out with that front kick strike!

Cowboy and Overeem have a signature move that is getting knocked out in the first round. Both guys let someone spam a low percentage technique repeatedly, because they froze. Nothing to see here folks.

Fight exhibition talent get exhibition level results.

No, it's not. With front kick you have a lot of guys that KOed their opponents like Silva, Machida etc. Fists and shins, knees and elbows are legitimate weapon in fight but shoulder is very rare. You had some guys that used shoulders but with much less impact. Find me someone that busted nose and face with shoulder! Find me that kind of damage with shoulder! And normally guys are using shoulders against fence when you have opponent on the fence but Conor used it in the centre of Octagon.

It's nothing to do with that Cowboy froze because it was so unexpected move and lot of people just can't understand that. Even some fighters like Bisping but you can't argue with damage. Conor made with that shoulder more damage than someone in 25 minutes fight. Just a fact.

No, it's not. With front kick you have a lot of guys that KOed their opponents like Silva, Machida etc.

"Lots of guys" is untrue. You just listed, to my knowledge, all of them in the UFC. For reference there has been 600+ UFC events, and in the last decade that generally lands around 13 fights per card. So you are talking about thousands and thousands of fights.

A front kick produces a KO something on the order of 1:10,000 times its used in MMA or worse. We can both agree without debate it is a extraordinarily low percentage technique to produce a knockout.

Fists and shins, knees and elbows are legitimate weapon in fight but shoulder is very rare. You had some guys that used shoulders but with much less impact. Find me someone that busted nose and face with shoulder! Find me that kind of damage with shoulder! And normally guys are using shoulders against fence when you have opponent on the fence but Conor used it in the centre of Octagon.

This is exactly my point. It is, by definition, a "low percentage" strike. He didn't open up the technique to any new concept, he had a opponent who was willing to let him spam the same low percentage strike into his face, 3 times in a row, literally without moving.

It's nothing to do with that Cowboy froze because

Cowboy for his part earned his 6th first round KO loss in the UFC. If you are proposing he didn't freeze, and doesn't have a demonstrable history of freezing, we are now playing a game called "stupid or liar?"

This is a better video of the shoulder strike. Origin is from Tai Chi, Wing Chun, JKD but whatever.

Great, now angry manlets with something to prove and chip on their shoulder are going to be running up to normal size'd guys and shouldering them.

Damn you conor, what hell hath you brought?

BTW

Not on purpose but from 2001

Time stamped:

Oscar was doing this way long ago ( I know most of you tools won't watch but maybe a few of you clowns would like to be a bit educated).

Conor is like a real life Ninja because he has so many cool tricks in his sleeve. He is so versitale you never know what kind of attacks he will use

Back