Media How Conor McGregor did his shoulder strike

I think a subtle detail is that Conor may have generated even more power by pulling down on the bicep tie, which simultaneously prevents the opponent from defending.

Conor said he practiced this in sparring. I'm curious how you can practice this without hurting your sparring partner.

He probably hired a warm body to tee off on.

Kinda like the Cerrone fight

Cerrone has shown tendencies of letting guys tee off on him in the clinch. This isn't the first time he just held onto a guy in the clinch and absorbed numerous unanswered shots.

I’m pretty sure Lawler blitzed him in the clinch too

I'm trying not to hate on Conor, but there is something fucking strange about Cowboy's performance
Watch closer, he was stunned by the knee and Conor also held his shorts with his inside hand making it difficult to disengage

I think a subtle detail is that Conor may have generated even more power by pulling down on the bicep tie, which simultaneously prevents the opponent from defending.

Conor said he practiced this in sparring. I'm curious how you can practice this without hurting your sparring partner.

He pays them enough that they accept he'll pull nasty shit without warning.

{<RR}

they work great when you just stand and let them hit you

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif
/thread

With all respect, I never thought an athlete would create such a thread to a farce like this "fight". Shame by others.

Great tutorial. Anyway, until now, I have only seen Jones doing shoulder blows, but McGregor raised it to the next level.

I could be way off on this, but I feel like Cowboy kinda chokes against name brand opponents. He's a good fighter, not great but still a very tough guy generally, but it's almost like against guys he should be competitive with, if they are name-brand, he looks for a place to lie down. Very strange, but credit to Conor for handling business I guess.

Shoulder strike tutorial:
Step 1: Strike with shoulder

I know I said the fight wasn't scripted, but FFS Donald actually attempted nothing?

I get Conor was good, but Donald looked like he walked off the street

I don't think that is just down to how good Conor was either

Aldo did far better

Least he landed a punch
Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was

How selfless of cowboy to job and put conor over like that. One of the best sellers i ever seen.

they work great when you just stand and let them hit you

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Lol 5 seconds into the fight and Conor had already bruised his eye with a flying knee, and broke his nose with a shoulder strike.

It's like Jones/Shogun where the opponent was just compromised and shell shocked immediately.

I could be way off on this, but I feel like Cowboy kinda chokes against name brand opponents. He's a good fighter, not great but still a very tough guy generally, but it's almost like against guys he should be competitive with, if they are name-brand, he looks for a place to lie down. Very strange, but credit to Conor for handling business I guess.
You are not way off. People have been saying this for years lol. He always chokes in big fights sadly.

/thread

With all respect, I never thought an athlete would create such a thread to a farce like this "fight". Shame by others.
What was farce-like about it?

I figured ok he caught him off guard with a good one and then proceeds to just eat them. They say he isnt shot?
The exact same thing happened in Cerrone vs Alvarez. He was in the clinch and just stood there taking like 6 shots from Alvarez while just holding onto him. This isn't the first time Cerrone has done this....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back