How come MMA fighters have so poor cardio compared to tennis players?

punches, to the face and BODY....those body shots take the energy from even the most well-conditioned athletes.

fighters will never have flawless cardio because you just can't account for the damage

lol. TS, u obviously never fought or competed in a sport with physical contact.

Because they get paid 100 times more. It is easier to be a better athlete, when you're rich.

Tennis players don't get punched and kicked in the face, and MMA fighters can't last a complete match of tennis against a good player when they aren't getting punched and kicked in the face.

Shit's crazy....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TS I can see you've never fought or been to a gym and trained.

Try it yourself. Climb in the cage to do some sparring for five minutes and then go play some tennis...and tell us about the revealing experience.

cause tennis players are superior athletes of course.

not nfl/nba lvl, but way above mma

nfl/nba > tennis >>>>>>>> mma

I guarantee you one of those tennis players would be gasping for air and or puking after a single 5 minute round. At Jackson's I can't tell you the number of times I've seen military guys come in to train since the airforce base is right now the street. Almost all of them can't keep up for a single round.

THe amount of energy expended in MMa is vastly different than in tennis.

Well the Air Force isn't exactly known for its conditioning. MMA training is a brutal work out though.

A-class athletes vs B or C- class. No big deal

Race car drivers can't jump as high as basketball players.

How come grocery store clerks don't know as much about anatomy, physiology and biochemistry as physicians do?

I really hope you're trolling TS

How come grocery store clerks don't know as much about anatomy, physiology and biochemistry as physicians do?

I really hope you're trolling TS

But how fast can the physician punch in the code for zucchini? That's the real question.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on Sherdog, congrats op....

Race car drivers can't jump as high as basketball players.

That's just crazy man!!!

1577119_o.gif

:icon_chee:icon_chee

Why can't Michael Phelps swim on land?

Because in actual sports the athletes don't dehydrate themselves to shave 25+lbs of weight.

That's why you don't see other athletes getting tired of 5 minutes.

Then you don't have guys like Joe Rogain making pathetic excuses about fighters gassing even though nobody forced them to cut weight.

Guys like Nadal or Djokovic can keep going at it trading shots for 5 hours straight sometimes, and then a guy like Khabilov gases after 10 minutes.

Somethings not right.

Stupidity is strong with this one.

Back