How can Petrosyan be the GOAT of kickboxing?

with the loses that he had, I don't think so.
The guys Petrosyan beat from 2009 to 2009, Buakaw already beat earlier, and his walkaround weight was probably around 67 kg! That's more impressive to me

Last edited:
Buakaw lost to Yi Long. He is overrated.

The guys Petrosyan beat from 2009 to 2009, Buakaw already beat earlier, and his walkaround weight was probably around 67 kg! That's more impressive to me

So we're just ignoring loses?

Giorgio beat Smokin' GOAT Nattawut not once, but TWO times. What is there to discuss?

Maybe Buakaw beat Petro once because he was a bad matchup for him.
But when its all said and done Petrosyan has a better resume and way less loses.

You want to do maths? Guess this one. What do all these fighters have in common?

Albert Kraus
Andy Souwer
Yoshihiro Sato
Enriko Kehl

They all beat Buakaw but they lost to Petrosyan

But when its all said and done Petrosyan has a better resume and way less loses.

You want to do maths? Guess this one. What do all these fighters have in common?

Albert Kraus
Andy Souwer
Yoshihiro Sato
Enriko Kehl

Petro definitely has the cleaner record, but you left out the fact that Buakaw also beat those guys too, some of them multiple times and in their primes.

That's not how you measure the GOAT status of someone. Even if he clearly lost, he still got the much better resume and is the more consistent fighter.

nah

Albert Kraus
Andy Souwer
Yoshihiro Sato
Enriko Kehl

GUESS WHO THEY ALL LOST TO AS WELL DORK

I first watched Buakaw - Petrosyan when i didn't know about kickboxing much i thought Giorgio got lucky with draw recently i rewatched it and found out that Petrosyan clearly outpointed him with his boxing skills and over all draw is the least he deserved that night. The fact that he fought prime Buakaw in 21 makes me count as a W for Petrosyan.

Buakaw won k-1 max at 23. Petrosyan was turning 22 that year.

yes,you're right,but Petro started his career at 17 years old Buakaw at 8 and when met Giorgio he had already ammassed something like a hundred matches and a ton of experience.

so let's hold it against someone who started younger, sounds fair.

Had his first fight at age 16, and "Petrosyan decided to begin training in Muay Thai at fourteen years old but was initially turned away from the gym for being too small.[5] He persisted, however, and eventually started his training under Alfio Romanut at the Satori Gladiatorium Nemesis gym and had his first fight at the age of sixteen."

Buakaw was in his prime when they fought, not Petrosyan...

Petrosyan was 21 turning 22.

He won k-1 max two years later.

Buakwa won k-1 at 23. He was almost just a year older than Petrosyan. Just shuush about this oh no Buakaw was in his prime but Petrosyan wasn't.

WHEN YOU dont cherry pick opponents in kickboxing, you do lose sometimes.

What are you talking about? Petrosyans best wins in Kickboxing, are also Buakaws best wins in Kickboxing.

Petrosyan has the best resume and list of accomplishments p4p. He won titles in every major promotion he fought under with the exception of it’s Showtime where he was the defacto champion anyway. I’m just as outraged as anybody over how he and his team pulled the rug from under Phetmorakot. However, had they accepted the SD loss and called for an immediate rematch for the semi spot, they would have been justified. It was a somewhat controversial decision and there was some clinching that was against the rules. The tournament would have ended the same way and Phetmorakot would have kept the name on his resume and more importantly the winner’s pay for the first fight. It was a grey area situation that Petrosyan handled very badly but, that doesn’t change the fact that he is probably the kickboxing goat.

What are you talking about? Petrosyans best wins in Kickboxing, are also Buakaws best wins in Kickboxing.
The only big win that Buakaw has that Petrosyan lacks is Masato. Who we all know ducked Petrosyan.

YOU were the ones talking about LOSSES.

In which stretch of his career did Petrosyan cherry pick and who did he avoid? I'm really curious.

In Kickboxing you fight who the promoter tells you to.

In which stretch of his career did Petrosyan cherry pick and who did he avoid? I'm really curious.

In Kickboxing you fight who the promoter tells you to.

he didn't cherry pick an thing the fought the best and won he is delusional and he is making deluded statement so that it fits his own narrative.

petrosyan is the best and he is peaking right now even at 33 he is going to be at the top until he gets older and that's it.

Back