How can Machida beat Weidman?

If he can keep the fight on the feet a try to push the action a little he can get the win.

By punching

...or maybe kicking.

In other news, that was really hard to read TS. English is not your first language is it?

He can beat him by KO, TKO, submission, decision, DQ, forfeit, doctor stoppage. These are the generally accepted methods of which a MMA contest can be won.

I suppose Machida can run for 5 rounds and hope Weidman trips and KOs himself chasing after him

all it really takes is one punch or a kick.

punching him in the face.

By being elusive and picking his shots. Either Machida does that and gets the decision or Weidman becomes inpatient and rushes him and Machida KO's him.

Machida has skills, speed, intelligence, hard work ethic.. So does Weidman, but I see Machida's overall game being better than Weidmans. I might be wrong, we will see soon enough, but I think Machida can win this fight by UD, outpointing him. Machida has good TDD too, good trips and great striking. I'll be putting some money for him, he is 2.80 in nordicbet

Weidman was a smart guy and has the best IQ fighter in the UFC rosters combine.

Source?

He could KO him or cruise to an easy decision since Weidman will gas after 5 minutes lol

Machida has skills, speed, intelligence, hard work ethic.. So does Weidman, but I see Machida's overall game being better than Weidmans. I might be wrong, we will see soon enough, but I think Machida can win this fight by UD, outpointing him. Machida has good TDD too, good trips and great striking. I'll be putting some money for him, he is 2.80 in nordicbet

Source?
Manhandle the GOAT 2X without even a struggle unlike former LHW champ Forrest Griffin that punches air and got KO by Silva.:icon_chee

the GOAT is Weidman easiest opponent.

Interesting fight, it might be footwork that wins the fight. Weidman pressures a lot and Machida strikes with in and out precision. I think Machida could win if the fight goes 5 rounds and better cardio. Weidman could look to try and grapple because Machida is not a top grappler. We'll see who can put it all together.

He just has to hit him in the face really hard.

Weidman will take this one easier than most think either by TKO/KO. Machida is good don't get me wrong just weidman has to more ways to win machida can't win a UD by backing up the whole fight trying to get a counter and weidman pressure will be to much plus weidman is coming of back to back wins over one of the best ever in Anderson silva .

The question should be 'How can Weidman beat Machida,' because Machida's style is a nightmare for Weidman.

The question should be 'How can Weidman beat Machida,' because Machida's style is a nightmare for Weidman.

Easily all he has to do is pressure him like shogun did and the KO will come it will be a lot like Weidman vs silva 1 all over again .

Easily all he has to do is pressure him like shogun did and the KO will come it will be a lot like Weidman vs silva 1 all over again .

Yeah, it's that simple. Just like everyone else that's pressured Machida successfully.

Like T.Silva, Rashad Evans, and Ryan Bader.

Yup.... very simple to pressure Machida.

Back