How can Machida beat Weidman?

Machida was nearly impossible to take down at LHW, imagine how hard he is to take down at MW?

Given that, if the fight stays standing how can anybody favor weidman to outstrike Machida?

no one will ever beat the second coming of mma Christ in Weidman he is a god gifted to fight fans

im being sarcastic, cant stand the guy most over rated fighter I personally think since ive been watching mma and that's from 1998 on

Machida doesnt do well against fighters who pressure him. Although he has KO'd fighters that chase him pressuring him is different than chasing. Weidman can do it, even though i dont think he will be successful. Weidman will have trouble standing and that will make him frustrated Machida UD

As a huge Machida fan, I can only hope that if he wins it is via Crane Technique, and if he loses there is some weird element to the loss that will allow me to make interminable threads about how Weidman's win was a fluke.

I would love to see a TJ Dillashaw style performance from Machida

Machida was nearly impossible to take down at LHW, imagine how hard he is to take down at MW?

He was took down a good bunch of times at LHW and Mousasi of all people took him down.

like this:

evans.jpg

FYI,

When I skim the front page and I see this thread I always read it as:

How can Machida beat Women.

that is all.

Machida will play it safe and maintain distance like he did against Hendo. It'll piss Weidman and the audience off but get him the decision.

Given that, if the fight stays standing how can anybody favor weidman to outstrike Machida?
this is sherdog remember...

All he has to do is survive the first two rounds then pick this drunk ass version of Weidman apart in the championship rounds.

tx9yjTU.gif

All he has to do is survive the first two rounds then pick this drunk ass version of Weidman apart in the championship rounds.

tx9yjTU.gif

It amazes me that people still refer back to this fight that he took on extremely short notice with a bad weight cut as a way to prove that Weidman has no gas tank. If anything it just proves what a badass he is to take care of Maia under those circumstances.

As I has predicted, Machida can never beat Weidman. I was right, Machida style was never gong to beat Weidman.

As I has predicted, Machida can never beat Weidman. I was right, Machida style was never gong to beat Weidman.

You're a special kind of special.

Back