how can i squat safely with a barbell

Soul_of_Rage

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
so i bought a bench set but dont have a squat rack, can someone tell me how i can squat safely?

Outside, by letting the barbell drop on the ground if there is any problem, I guess... Never did it myself before though. The real question is: how will you load the barbell on your back? That's also why we use a squat rack.
I got mine for 120 euros, I think you might consider buying one if you can afford it.

u should have bought squat stands or a power rack instead of a bench set.

Outside, by letting the barbell drop on the ground if there is any problem, I guess... Never did it myself before though. The real question is: how will you load the barbell on your back? That's also why we use a squat rack.
I got mine for 120 euros, I think you might consider buying one if you can afford it.

yah the main question was getting it onto my back
thanks

Well then find two good and strong friends with some time to spare to lift it on your back... I think some people on this forum also actually built their own rack, try the search option maybe.

Do a clean, then front squats.

Not ideal but not much options. Get a gym membership or a rack.

find or build something to load the bar on/off on... Some people have been inventive with wood etc.
image004.jpg

But yeah, a power cage/rack would have served you well - it also gives the security of having a set of bars ready to catch the weight if you fail miserably...

Front squats, easy to bail the weight.

Hack squats are also another option.

This is how I squat , That is if you are short enough and if stands can be set high enough.

clip_image002.jpg

This is how I squat , That is if you are short enough and if stands can be set high enough.

Wow, never thought of it... but how tall are you? I'm wondering wether I could do the same, next time I find myself away from home in a shitty bodybuilding gym... seems a bit too small a space.

so i bought a bench set but dont have a squat rack, can someone tell me how i can squat safely?

I sunk a couple of 4x4s in the ground and bolted a pair of hooks to them for squatting. Dig the hole at least 2.5 feet deep on an 8 foot post, deeper than for a fence since it will be loaded.

A couple of auto spare tires/wheels could serve as ghetto plate bumbers, so you don't crack the weights if you drop it...
Picture003.jpg

Hunto does batman spot all of your lifts?

awsome guys thanks for the info

i think im just going to do with zercher and front squats until i build a rack or buy one
are their any benefits that regular behind the head squats have besides zercher and front?

thanks alot for the info

Back