how can i squat safely with a barbell

are their any benefits that regular behind the head squats have besides zercher and front?
I think back squats allow you to lift heavier loads, whereas with front or zercher ones, you're kinda limited by how much load your arms can hold. But I might be wrong on that one, I only do front squats onece in a while, and always with lighter loads than front squats.
Anyway, as I doubt you're gonna start with more than 80kg, I think you should be fine with front squats for a while. Double benefit: form is easier, and you got to clean the weight first, which is good in itself.

A couple of auto spare tires/wheels could serve as ghetto plate bumbers, so you don't crack the weights if you drop it...
Yes, either that or doing it on soft grass, but then you would have to stand on something hard if you don't want to mess with your stand. But I doubt he's going drop it if he's new at squatting, because it'll take him some time to reach real amounts (at least I know it's taking lol).

awsome guys thanks for the info

i think im just going to do with zercher and front squats until i build a rack or buy one
are their any benefits that regular behind the head squats have besides zercher and front?

thanks alot for the info

You should also do (light) overhead squats (you can snatch the weight into position) - they are awesome for flexibility and teach good posture.
You can load back squats heavier than front squats. They also work the posterior chain a bit more than front squats, especially if you do them with a low bar and somewhat wider stance.

EliteFTS has top quality stuff, but the price is also very steep on everything they sell.

There may be better options.

I use my bench to squat but I'm also 5'6 so if your tall and the arms on your bench dont go up too high you might have problems.

Back