• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How big is Adesanya for his weightclass?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was looking this video of Adesanya standing next to Cannonier who used to be a heavyweight, and Adesanya looks at leats 1 weightclass bigger, thats crazy

https://youtube.com/shorts/wdr0Vqqw_ZM?feature=share

And he is known for being very good at controlling distance and stuff, but he always got the height and reach advantage and I think thats where most of his succed comes from, when he fought Jan you could see he wasnt able to control his distance like he does with the smaller middleweight guys

Thats why Im looking forward to see his fight with Pereira who looks like his same size, Im very interested with that fight

16636399_web1_MMA-UFC276_070122ev_009.jpg

Kelvin-Gastelum-Israel-Adesanya-1.jpg

Last edited:
Izzy is a lanky MW.

I think he should've taken the Anderson approach to LHW and fought lesser ranked opponent first as a test run instead of jumping straight to the sharks like he did against Jan.
He saw Jan as the easiest fight he could take and was whooped. Jan as much as I like him was legit the weakest lhw champ we have had in years. Glover destroyed him at 400

Izzy is a lanky MW.

I think he should've taken the Anderson approach to LHW and fought lesser ranked opponent first as a test run instead of jumping straight to the sharks like he did against Jan.

The thing is he was already the champion at MW, and the only way a champ goes up or down in weightclass is to fight the champ and try to be a double champ making thos champ vs champ fights. Other than that I dont think any champ is gonna go up to fight a contender

He saw Jan as the easiest fight he could take and was whooped. Jan as much as I like him was legit the weakest lhw champ we have had in years. Glover destroyed him at 400

That too

He is very tall with a tiny waist. He isn't a thick guy but he is muscular,

The thing is he was already the champion at MW, and the only way a champ goes up or down in weightclass is to fight the champ and try to be a double champ making thos champ vs champ fights. Other than that I dont think any champ is gonna go up to fight a contender

That too
If you want to be a champ champ from the get go, then yeah. There's also the Anderson test run which is fighting a lesser ranked opponent like Anderson did.

Izzy is a lanky MW.

Sounds good but I don't think UFC would pay him what he makes now as champ to fight LHWs who aren't champ. Less likely to headline PPVs too.

dude is the thinnest fighter in the MW division... he is just tall..

' You are too skinny, boy '
' Built like a senior citizen '

- Dereck Brunson

I just wish i remembered how that fight ended

I'd say very big. I think frame is the most important physical attribute in MMA.

' You are too skinny, boy '
' Built like a senior citizen '

- Dereck Brunson

I just wish i remembered how that fight ended
lol I wasn't saying anything bad about him! He just really is thin... man has arms half the size of mine and I am 5'11 190... he is still a great fighter... I just don't think he is Huge like TS. he didnt even hit 205 for the Jan fight... 197? thats not a big dude for MW.

That too
This is just factual wrong. Anderson Silva fought four times at LHW, three of times he was the MW champion. Those same three were not the champion (and they each popped for PEDs). In fact, some of these could hardly be considered a contender.

Back