How are Toll Booth legal in the States

Toll roads are always funny to me because every state runs the same bamboozle to get it done. The politicians and bean counters always tell the public that tolls will be on the road until it is paid for, then they'll remove the booths. Without fail, those booths never leave. The 'ol cup game played at a high level.

Atlanta did it with Georgia highway 400. They ran the tolls for years until the time was up then they removed the tolls like promised. Pretty dope.

Can you just build a road and charge people to drive it. I though taxes paid for roads and shit. How collect the money for it. I heard a new yokers be paying 20 dollars a day to just get to work.

You have no damn idea.

I pay 3k a year in tolls and I only commute 3 days a week!

playstation-amusement-tax.jpg
giphy.gif

if by cup game you mean politicians cupping their balls in the taxpayers' mouths

A more appropriate analogy:

It would be alike if a dude approached you and asked you to suck his dick. He'll give you a few hundred bucks, but don't worry he cant ejaculate due to an accident involving his testicles. You agree, but only under the pretense that his hot wife sucks your dick. Dude agrees and you get to sucking. He blows his load all over your face and says he left his wallet in the car. You never see him again. You're ashamed and forget about it. A few years later you get a bill in the mail for 500 bucks. This bill's subject line reads, "Blowjob, worst one I've ever had from a dirty whore."

Last edited:
Here in Washington, we just copy everything California does, but we dont have any of the perks like nice weather or dimes. So I'm sure we'll get our amusement tax soon, if we dont already have it.

Oh wait that was chicago. Anyways, we already have toll roads

Atlanta did it with Georgia highway 400. They ran the tolls for years until the time was up then they removed the tolls like promised. Pretty dope.
That's the difference between Georgia and criminal extortionists in Illinois.

@AGGAMEMNON66

So how many of you guys live in states where the tolls have been privatized? (Like Illinois)

So how many of you guys live in states where the tolls have been privatized? (Like Illinois)
Ha, I'm gonna have to look into this. That I've never heard of.

They always start as "temporary to pay off the road" but nothing is temporary when it comes to the government.

lol

They privatized red light cameras and meters in the city too bud, don’t forget about all that.

lol

They privatized red light cameras and meters in the city too bud, don’t forget about all that.
Yeah, and they're getting their asses handed to them on the cameras. Emanuel desperately tried to recover that money by putting up more so they could pay the contracts. I hope they're eating shit on that right now.

Yeah, and they're getting their asses handed to them on the cameras. Emanuel desperately tried to recover that money by putting up more so they could pay the contracts. I hope they're eating shit on that right now.

A lot of towns started removing them actually (thank fucking fuck). Nothing like going out to your male box one day and pulling out a 120$ fine for making a rolling stop right hand turn at a red light at 2am on a Saturday night with no traffic in sight..

You just haven’t lived until you’ve experienced that imo

You have another option but the toll road is typically faster speed, shorter route, and less crowded. My experience with them is exclusive to Florida though.
Usually but there are a few places here where you have to take the toll, or drive an hour or MORE out of the way to avoid it.

bullshit taxes just like the multitude of fees on everyone's phone bill's for supposed infrastructure, yet rural areas still don't have broadband access.

Yeah I've long thought they were ridiculous. What do I pay my taxes for? It's just another way to add tax but not call it that.

A lot of towns started removing them actually (thank fucking fuck). Nothing like going out to your male box one day and pulling out a 120$ fine for making a rolling stop right hand turn at a red light at 2am on a Saturday night with no traffic in sight..

You just haven’t lived until you’ve experienced that imo

You have a male box?

It's terrible having to obey laws.

You have a male box?.

<Baelish01>

It's terrible having to obey laws

What I mentioned specifically isn’t exactly against the law -it was even brought up as a potential issue before the cameras were put in place. They said not to worry, that the cameras wouldn’t be used for that purpose.. then an investigative report some time later blew the lid off the whole thing exposing an incredibly high % of the tickets were for exactly what they said they wouldn’t be, and worse, most of the money collected for the tickets was going to private controlling companies. It’s why many of the cameras were removed.

Back