How are Toll Booth legal in the States

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Can you just build a road and charge people to drive it. I though taxes paid for roads and shit. How collect the money for it. I heard a new yokers be paying 20 dollars a day to just get to work.

Toll roads are always funny to me because every state runs the same bamboozle to get it done. The politicians and bean counters always tell the public that tolls will be on the road until it is paid for, then they'll remove the booths. Without fail, those booths never leave. The 'ol cup game played at a high level.

Can you just build a road and charge people to drive it. I though taxes paid for roads and shit. How collect the money for it. I heard a new yokers be paying 20 dollars a day to just get to work.
You write like you're in the final stages of a lingering covid 19 death.

The idea is that the payments at the tolls will allow the building and maintenence of new roads without increasing the taxes.

They will tax everything their piggy banks allow them to tax. Which is basically everything considering we accept our role as the servant class.

It's legal because our government made it legal....like anything that's legal.

tenor.gif

You can usually take a non-toll road though.

Last edited:
Those assholes also build streets they charge us to park on and bridges they charge us to cross.

You have another option but the toll road is typically faster speed, shorter route, and less crowded. My experience with them is exclusive to Florida though.

Let's make a list of thing that doesn't make sense! 1,000 page thread, let's do it.

It's legal because our government made it legal....like anything that's legal.

tenor.gif

Right. Look at everything Illinois taxes, I'll give you a hint, it's everything. It's a shithole of a state and I'm glad I dont live there but you can tax whatever.

Right. Look at everything Illinois taxes, I'll give you a hint, it's everything. It's a shithole of a state and I'm glad I dont live there but you can tax whatever.
playstation-amusement-tax.jpg

It is a way of having those who use the roads pay for them. It also encourages people to ride together to save money and have fewer vehicles on the roads. At some point, I expect all vehicles will

There are a lot worse things in the US that I wonder how they could be legal.

Should’ve proof read this post dude. Seriously though, I live in nyc and the Verrazano is like $18

Because Murka is ruled by mountebanks

iu

Look at who is President.

Back