How about Varner vs. JMiller?

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think that could be an interesting matchup. Varner said he wanted to return in April against guys like Dos Anjos, Pearson, Wiman and Grant. But I think a fight against Miller would be a good test as well.

Hate to be that guy but that does not make sense rankings wise

Hate to be that guy but that does not make sense rankings wise

That shit doesn't matter

It goes

1 = Bendo
2 - 30 = Logjam

Battle of the scruffy white dudes!!! Let's do it

naw, "Jamie Varner said Rafael Dos Anjos, Ross Pearson, Matt Wiman and T.J. Grant are among the fighters he's looking at for his next octagon appearance."

i think he wants a fight before moving up to someone of miller's level

They wont want tht fight and more importantly Constantino wont want it. Varner has spent time at AMA before

Think Miller is a little a head of Varner, only just, but i'd like Miller-Maynard rematch

Miller is on the way up...He should be matched against Maynard or somewhere close to the top.

Varner, lost to Lauzon and SD over Melvin. Too soon for this match up.

Too much of a step down for Miller. Lauzon just beat Varner, while jim miller handily beat Lauzon. (It's MMA math but it makes sense in this case)
Though I think their styles would make for an even match up in the beginning. But I would have Miller by being able to outlast Varner and take rounds 2 and 3 for sure.

Miller needs a bigger fight then Varner

Maynard rematch makes sense for him

they used to train together when they when varner was at ama... i wonder who got the better of those scraps

I would be super down for this fight. Varner never gets an easy fight in so this makes sense.

Miller has recently lost to the champ, so why not? Let him put some wins together. No point making him face a top 5 guy when he won't get a title shot out of it.

it would be a little strange since varner just got finished by lauzon and then lauzon got his ass kicked by milller

I'd prefer Miller-Maynard.

Varner needs another solid win to warrant a fight will Miller.

naw, "Jamie Varner said Rafael Dos Anjos, Ross Pearson, Matt Wiman and T.J. Grant are among the fighters he's looking at for his next octagon appearance."

i think he wants a fight before moving up to someone of miller's level

they all should be aspiring to be on RDA's level... :icon_twis

That's who miller should fight next, rda.

Varner is a tough fight for anyone at lw, and he's in fun fights, win or lose, so put him in against any top 15er and I'm happy.

Varner / tibau or varner / khabib -tavares winner

ya it doesnt make sense Miller just dominated the guy who Varner just lost too.

Miller/Maynard 2 makes the most sense

as for Varner i liked all his suggestion, Dos Anjos or Josh Thomson is who he should fight.

Say what you will but Joe beats Varner 9/10. Not MMA math, it's only my opinion Jim Miller is better of the three.

I think it is the other way around Varner's wrestling and stand up are too good for Joe Lauzon if Varner has a full training camp, Varner was winning the fight till he got tired and submitted.

Back