How About Okami vs Weidman?

Here's the thing: You can't match Okami up against anything other then a top guy. And name another top guy more likely to beat Okami then Weidman. You can't.

Rich Franklin might have some disagreement with that statement, though its been a while

And Okami could continue to fight the Buddy Roberts of the world, no one will notice but the top guys records will thank us

No go. Don't ever want Okami in a main-contender position again if he beats Weidman.

First post nailed it imo

I don't want to see another contender wasted on Okami.

His last fight really turned me off to him. Weidman deserves the Belfort/Bisping winner.

Or maybe Rockhold or Lombard.

Just please, God, not Okami.

Aside from lightweights I dont`t think it matters if two potential contenders fight and one loses this is the UFC people get title shots one win removed from a loss all the time. May not be fair it`s the current trend.

I would rather see Okami vs Costa.
Weidman should fight Rockhold or Lombard for contender spot.
If Okami beat Weidman then he would start being a contender name again, which would be very hard to market given the domination Anderson put on him in his last fight against him.

That's actually a damn good idea.

Franklin's not a top guy currently though. Not a knock on him, he just isn't.

I still think Rich can beat him though, even now. It's not like Okami's striking got better since their last meeting. And Franklin isn't a top guy because he just got back really. He is staying at MW now and as for the loss to Le, not sure if that was a sign of the times and things to come, or if Le is getting serious on us and trying to grows up before he quietly exits the sport for good

You can see the stressing out of the Weidman fans at the prospect of having to face the #1 Contender dream crusher, the smotherer of dynamism, Yushin Okami. Can't blame you guys for sweating that

That's a good point, Lombard does have a recent loss
I still wouldn't put Weidman against Okami though,
If Vitor beats Bisping, maybe they go that route? Lombard vs Vitor?

Lombard, I wouldn't want to throw him in with a top 5 fighter yet. Mainly, to see him progress with his style that seem to be figured out in his debut fight by Tim Boetsch. I would have him fight "Constantinos Philippou, the guy how beat Tim Boetsch because he is more of a aggressive fighter moving in, then moving away, which favors Lombard's style IMO. People who clinch and strike, like tim Boetsch, I would stay away from right now for Lombard. I am always interested what UFC matchmaker will chose for an opponent.

I'm a big fan of the Okami hate.

"ANDERSON IS DUCKING WEIDMAN!"

"DON'T LET WEIDMAN FIGHT OKAMI!"

So good. Weidman fans and Anderson haters are terrified that Weidman would lose to a guy who couldn't touch Anderson. This is brilliant.

Make the match.

I agree with what many have already said, I want to see Lombard/Weidman. Winner gets a title shot.

You can see the stressing out of the Weidman fans at the prospect of having to face the #1 Contender dream crusher, the smotherer of dynamism, Yushin Okami. Can't blame you guys for sweating that

Weidman would probably win.

I'm a big fan of the Okami hate.

"ANDERSON IS DUCKING WEIDMAN!"

"DON'T LET WEIDMAN FIGHT OKAMI!"

So good. Weidman fans and Anderson haters are terrified that Weidman would lose to a guy who couldn't touch Anderson. This is brilliant.

Make the match.

Styles make fights, friend

if they CANT beat okami. they cant do shit to A.Silva. Okami is gatekeeper and like Co-Boss. If u cant beat him? dont bother trying to skip that fight and go straight to the boss.

Styles make fights, friend

And Weidman's style has never beaten Anderson. The only time it has come close is when Anderson was injured fighting a guy with more testosterone than a bull in cow field.

And Weidman's style has never beaten Anderson. The only time it has come close is when Anderson was injured fighting a guy with more testosterone than a bull in cow field.

Weidman isn't the same type of fighter as Sonnen at all.

Chael and Weidman fight nothing a like :redface:

Okami is a perfect match for weidman. But silva fans don't want it because weidman would have an even stronger claim to a title shot.

Anderson Silva's never fought a guy with Weidman's style imo
I'm not saying Weidman would beat Silva, though he certainly could
I'm only replying to your comment.

Back