How About Okami vs Weidman?

I cant argue with you on that, or anything else for that matter, your AV could be considered a ped.

:icon_chee It's been rumored that it can help with erectile dysfunction.

:icon_chee It's been rumored that it can help with erectile dysfunction.

I would be inclined to agree, I've always said the best cure for E.D is a hotter girl.

Would be a damn good test for Weidman. Okami has excellent submission defense and is a pretty good grappler.

No one knows whether Anderson is truly serious about taking most of 2013 off. If/when he does fight, it seems that the most likely opponent will either be Bisping (if he beats Belfort) or GSP (less likely).

In the meantime, it would be a shame for Weidman to sit out a year waiting for a title shot that may not come. While many (including himself) have made a case for him being a #1 contender, there has been enough said to the contrary, citing his wins over Maia and Munoz to be unimpressive for various reasons.

I believe that to truly solidify his status as the #1 contender, he needs one more win, over a well-rounded guy who has proven to be a mainstay in the division. I believe Okami is a perfect match - he is 12-4 in the UFC, and while you can make the argument that his win record is laden with guys like Starnes, he did beat Munoz, Marquardt (awful fight), and Belcher (twice), and only lost to Franklin, Sonnen, Anderson and Boetsch (amazing comeback by Tim in a fight that Yushin was dominating).

What do you guys think?

Okami should be the next fight for Weidman. Okami is the acid test for middleweight contenders, he isn't Silva but he is damn effective and consistent. Belcher totally failed the Okami test, Weidman should have to pass it to earn a title fight.

I just wanted Belcher to win so we could keep things moving at the MW, sucks that him and Boestch lost and now MW is fucked again for a little bit.

Belcher and Boetsch both getting derailed should be the thing keeping MW moving more then anything else. The problem is too many Anderson fans are terrified the way it is moving and so argue against it.

Had both Belcher and Boetsch won then Anderson fans would argue until they are blue in the face that Weidman, Belcher, Boetsch need to sort out who is the real number one as no one is clearly ahead. Now they have lost the MW landscape is way clearer and seeing Weidman win his top 5 fights because much more impressive considering how easily it is to lose a key fight.

But ANderson fans will reject that because they don't want the Weidman fight.

As far as 'keeping the MW division moving' there is now only Weidman at the top and Bisping gets into the discussion with a win over Vitor. But if/when Bisping loses to Vitor that will leave Weidman alone at the top.

But mark my words now and bump this post later because even as the last man standing after a Bisping loss, Anderson fans will still call for Weidman to get 2 more top 10 wins while trying to promote someone like Lombard on the argument that Lombard is more saleable. Or they will try to get a Weidman/Lombard fight in the hopes that Lombards tdd can derail Weidman.

I'm still waiting for this to be proven :redface:

What? Because of the elbow on Munoz all of a sudden he's a world class striker? Please.

Because okami jabbed Munoz and lost a round against him he's a world class striker. Where's your proof bub.

Because okami jabbed Munoz and lost a round against him he's a world class striker. Where's your proof bub.
Okami nearly put him out in the 2nd or 3rd :icon_lol:

I'm not saying Okami is a world-class striker OR better than Weidman but Weidman has done nothing to prove that his striking is on another level than Okami's.

Okami nearly put him out in the 2nd or 3rd :icon_lol:

I'm not saying Okami is a world-class striker OR better than Weidman but Weidman has done nothing to prove that his striking is on another level than Okami's.

Knocking out Munoz like that is much more impressive than anything okami has done standing.

And okami lost that second round.

Back