How about Jacare vs Roger Gracie??

roger gracie is going to get murdered in the ufc. i like him but he just won't cut it. no one in the ufc can rely on pure bjj anymore. you have to set it up with striking, wrestling, and ground and pound. roger is just a bjj wizard with gloves on.

i would like to see him and shields go at it. he could beat shields. okami would light him up. jacare would light him up. bisping would light him up. most of the division would beat him standing. he needs to ramp up his wrestling big time.

Shields most likely takes the UD victory...

He could sweep Shields and make something happen, but Shields claims to be going back to 170, so no chance of that.

Wut?

That's all 185.

I simply have no idea.
It's awkward at 185 though, cause Jacare is too old to just wait for Anderson to retire. Supposedly Jacare is sort of/kind of okay with the idea of fighting him (dude wants some money), but Anderson isn't (already has that money).

Yeh its a shame hopefully there wont be a back log in MW over the next couple of years.

Jacare walks around at about 200 lbs. MW is his proper weight class.

Fair enough. Lots of exciting fights for him at MW anyways. Love to see him fight Okami, Lombard or Bisping.

Jacare would destroy Roger.

Don't want to see a Strikeforce vs Strikeforce matchup like this anyways, want to see them facing UFC guys. Strikeforce is now dead, lets move on.

He could sweep Shields and make something happen, but Shields claims to be going back to 170, so no chance of that.

So who should he get for his first fight? You want him to get a nice welcome fight but not on the level of the sacrificial lamb he got for his final strikeforce fight....

Sakara? Dollaway? Herman? Am I going to low? Maybe Brunson?

that was a thing to do in Strikeforce, both of their first fights should be against UFC fighters with a few fights in the promotion under their belt

Gracie vs. Okami
Jacare vs. Stann

i would LOVE to see both of these fights, and i think Gracie and Jacare takes them both imho

Okami would destroy gracie he would keep him at a distance with his jab then smoother him on the ground.

I think Jacare would beat stann though most likely via sub.

Id personally prefer to see Gracie vs Dolloway simply because he is mid tier would give us an indication of his level in mma

Okami would destroy gracie he would keep him at a distance with his jab then smoother him on the ground.

I think Okami is the better striker and can defend Roger's takedowns and therefore should win, but lets be clear on this...*nobody* in MMA is going to "smother" Roger freaking Gracie on the ground. Okami's path to victory does not lead through a ground fight with Roger.

Also, the only thing Roger's striking game has going for it is a nice long jab and some decent clinch knees. Okami also likes to sit outside with his jab, but he doesn't bring much KO power and will be giving up a lot of reach to Roger. I think, surprisingly enough, Roger would do better on the feet with Okami than many would expect.

Come to think of it, that fight might actually be competitive. Maybe after Okami gets dusted by Lombard they can set this up.

Nah Jacare just much better.

Only advantage what Gracie got is BJJ and event that is like 55/45 to Gracie but striking is like 80/20 to Jacare.

Jacare use his experience and elite BJJ to defend Gracie and then use his condition ant striking to tko Gracie

... a complete mismatch. Jacare would KO in the first. Plus why would you match up two guys that are both highly tied to the same camp?

Jacare by KO

I agree with whoever said Jacare vs Okami, that'd be really fun

I agree. It lets Okami show that he has got this #2 thing down, and it lets Jacare prove that he really is that good. The problem with that fight is that it makes the Anderson/Jacare problem relevant fast.
i think okami would be a pretty bad matchup for jacare. he's got very good standup and packs a lot more power than jacare, plus i'm not too sure jacare could take him down.

would definitely be cheering for souza though.

wrong weightclass?

Wat8.jpg

i think okami would be a pretty bad matchup for jacare. he's got very good standup and packs a lot more power than jacare, plus i'm not too sure jacare could take him down.

You really think so?
Jacare has really good power when he commits to it, bloodied Kennedy, dropped Rockhold and hurt him multiple times, recent KO

Okami has a solid jab and really good clinch work, good power inside

a very good post sir and just reflects my thought; however i have to admit i feel impressed by some quality posts in here, Okami beeing the first to come to my mind when i heard about Souza coming over. However for my personal greedy voyeurism I'd love to see Jacare vs Nelson at catchweight superfight whatever :icon_chee

So who should he get for his first fight? You want him to get a nice welcome fight but not on the level of the sacrificial lamb he got for his final strikeforce fight....

Sakara? Dollaway? Herman? Am I going to low? Maybe Brunson?

I don't know and I'm not really sure Zuffa cares too much about babying him or giving him a nice welcome. I think Jacare is the one they have hopes for.

How about giving him someone like Tim Kennedy?
They could also just throw someone like Riki Fukuda, Nick Ring or Brad Tavares at him if it has to be someone who isn't coming over from SF. Tough guys with some decent to good MMA wrestling and a bit of kickboxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back