How about Jacare vs Roger Gracie??

Interesting tidbit:

Roger has not been submitted in competition since he was a blue belt.

This is literally the worst matchup possible for Gracie at this point.

Let him fight one or two guys who dont' have rock solid grappling credentials first, give him time to try and boost his striking... THEN give him a challenge.

This.

also, he is the best bjj practitioner of all time. he is literally the king of bjj.

That's like, just about the one word that you can't use there though.

Dude is practically, virtually the king of BJJ.

Jacare is way ahead of Roger in MMA. I want to see Ronald take big middleweights now while Roger paves his way to build a name himself.

lo, no.

Jacare >>> Roger rankingwise, and I hope people realise that as soon as Roger wont be able to take a fight down vs a decent MW UFC guy, he will be tooled and often finished by strikes. Jacare has much better muay thai and TD's thank Roger...and also,. Roger has poor cardio.

Roger wont do very well in the UFC, he might get a few sub wins but I think he is going to be KO'd/TKO'd often.

I am not convinced we are going to see Roger Gracie in the UFC. He probably fights for at least a decent paycheck, and if you want to be paid well in the UFC you have to fight pretty good guys. A lot better than the guys he fought (or at least beat). I think a lot of people there (Jacare included) can defend his takedowns and batter him on the feet. I see him as a guy who probably quits MMA all together after another stoppage or two.

Jacare's standup is way better than Gracie's at this point. I agree that Jacare should get someone like Weidman, or Okami, while Gracie should fight some mid-tier guys first until his striking gets up to par.

That's like, just about the one word that you can't use there though.

Dude is practically, virtually the king of BJJ.

i'm literally going to kill myself in light of this rebuke.

Jacare would win rather easily IMO, Roger wouldnt be able to get the fight where he needs it.

I would like to see Jacare vs. Roger Gracie, Jacare vs. Maia, Maia vs. Roger.

I would like to see Jacare vs. Roger Gracie, Jacare vs. Maia, Maia vs. Roger.

Jacare wouldn't grapple with either of those guys. He's way too skilled standing to risk himself grappling.

Jacare wouldn't grapple with either of those guys. He's way too skilled standing to risk himself grappling.

So what. I am aware UFC is MMA, and don't mind watching a one sided Jacare win, but anyone has a chance in MMA.

UFC has done striker vs. striker before with Stout vs. Makdessi and Makdessi vs Cruickshank. Why not BJJ expert vs. BJJ expert?

Back