How about Jacare vs Roger Gracie??

silkman1978

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Im looking fwd to the top level fighters coming over from Stikeforce to face their UFC counterparts, however I would love to see this match too under the UFC banner - I doubt there is 2 higher Jui Jitsu gusy in the division anymore now Meia has gone down to WW.

that was a thing to do in Strikeforce, both of their first fights should be against UFC fighters with a few fights in the promotion under their belt

Gracie vs. Okami
Jacare vs. Stann

i would LOVE to see both of these fights, and i think Gracie and Jacare takes them both imho

I would like Jacare to have Okami next. I think Jac takes this standing, or on the ground.

IMO, this fight would be dull. Jac would keep it standing and bust Roger up on the feet.

Jacare would smash Gracie

But I agree with kodiijones I think roger should fight someone like shields franklin or palhares if he hangs around

Jacare is leaps and bounds ahead of Roger in the world of MMA, he'd smash him.

Jacare should face someone at the top of the division while Gracie faces more of a mid tier guy with a name.

This is literally the worst matchup possible for Gracie at this point.

Let him fight one or two guys who dont' have rock solid grappling credentials first, give him time to try and boost his striking... THEN give him a challenge.

Im looking fwd to the top level fighters coming over from Stikeforce to face their UFC counterparts, however I would love to see this match too under the UFC banner - I doubt there is 2 higher Jui Jitsu gusy in the division anymore now Meia has gone down to WW.

Jacare by stand up domination

Jacare is leaps and bounds ahead of Roger in the world of MMA, he'd smash him.

Jacare should face someone at the top of the division while Gracie faces more of a mid tier guy with a name.

this.

i would rather see Jacare vs top competition and Roger vs someone like Ed Herman.

Jacare beats Roger up on the feet. Though i would prey to good it hits the mat cos then it would be epic

that was a thing to do in Strikeforce, both of their first fights should be against UFC fighters with a few fights in the promotion under their belt

Gracie vs. Okami
Jacare vs. Stann

i would LOVE to see both of these fights, and i think Gracie and Jacare takes them both imho

Okami murders Gracie at this point in time imo. Stann/Jacare is a good matchup as look as it doesnt hit the ground.
Okami/Jacare is an awesome fight.

I think Jacare/Roger is easy to sell on the BJJ angle, but in an MMA context it seems like a mismatch at this point.

Jacare has done more, he has dedicated himself more to MMA and his striking is on an entirely different level, which is bad news for Roger who doesn't have a wrestling advantage. It would be very interesting if Roger somehow could drag it to the ground, but does that seem likely in MMA?

Okami/Jacare is an awesome fight.

I agree. It lets Okami show that he has got this #2 thing down, and it lets Jacare prove that he really is that good. The problem with that fight is that it makes the Anderson/Jacare problem relevant fast.

I think roger is up 3 to 2 against jacare in BJJ world championships, so they are pretty evenly matched on the mat, but jacare has much improved his stand up and is way ahead in that respect..

But gracie barra has his number on the mat, and that my main man braulio estima...:icon_chee

I think Jacare/Roger is easy to sell on the BJJ angle, but in an MMA context it seems like a mismatch at this point.

Jacare has done more, he has dedicated himself more to MMA and his striking is on an entirely different level, which is bad news for Roger who doesn't have a wrestling advantage. It would be very interesting if Roger somehow could drag it to the ground, but does that seem likely in MMA?

I agree. It lets Okami show that he has got this #2 thing down, and it lets Jacare prove that he really is that good. The problem with that fight is that it makes the Anderson/Jacare problem relevant fast.

wrong weightclass?

True.
Though Jacare looked pretty big against Herman do you think he could compete at 205? Or would the bigger wrestlers just man handle him at that weight?

wrong weightclass?

Wut?

That's all 185.

True.
Though Jacare looked pretty big against Herman do you think he could compete at 205? Or would the bigger wrestlers just man handle him at that weight?

I simply have no idea.
It's awkward at 185 though, cause Jacare is too old to just wait for Anderson to retire. Supposedly Jacare is sort of/kind of okay with the idea of fighting him (dude wants some money), but Anderson isn't (already has that money).

True.
Jacare walks around at about 200 lbs. MW is his proper weight class.

Back