How about BJ faces Nate for his return

Penn is a legend but he'd never take Nate. The Nate we saw in his last fight obliterates the Penn of now. Literally beats him into another retirement. Longer with better boxing and cardio. Penn gets his body rocked and crumbles.

Huh? He was tkod and was fine as soon as he stood up he lost because of equilibrium not his chin failing. Also what in the Johnson fight made you think it's not what it use to be? The hardest shot he ate was at the end of the third he got hit and it obviously hurt him but not even ten seconds later he was fine. Hell even before that he was Mj couldn't get the takedown so he wasn't that hurt.

Nate has a tremendous chin, he leaned completely into that head kick and he still never went limp or out.

1.gif

4_medium.gif

Do we really need to see Nate wrecking Nick's leftovers again?

Yet Nate has more top 10 wins and higher better wins at LW then Nick has at WW. The difference between Nate and Nick is Nick was protected from bad matchups for like 8 years. Nate never got the luxury of avoiding Wrestlers outside the UFC for years like Nick did.

Nates wins over Miller, Cowboy, Gray, Johnson >>>> Nicks wins over 20 year old Robbie, old ass Penn and freaking Daley

Exactly.

No one has ever knocked Daley out, Nick did it in one round.

Lol, Daley is a can crusher that loses every time he fights good competition, and he almost won against Nick.

It's a great plan if you hate the UFC. I can only imagine the bad publicity if they officially put Penn in a fight before a legal determination has been made. How about we wait until that plays itself out, then start talking about who BJ Penn fights. Right now I'm skeptical about the merits of the case, but I don't think the UFC needs to go on the record with scheduling a guy to fight and then watch him go on trial for a horrible crime.

He knocked out a prime Martin Kampmann who was a top 6-10 WW.

His only good win, a TKO not a KO, and I don't think Kampmann ever had a real prime.

Daley striking is overrated, he got outstruck by a 35 years old Misaki.

His only good win, a TKO not a KO, and I don't think Kampmann ever had a real prime.

Daley striking is overrated, he got outstruck by a 35 years old Misaki.

He beat Masvidal, Ludwig, Allessio. It wasn't just the win, it was HOW Nick beat him. He also is 21-3 in kickboxing.

Well if you just want to see Nate in fun fights and not trying to be his best, i guess. Nate is still young and unlike Nick he may grow into a contender if he can get his head on straight. If the UFC and the fans don't think he can hang with the best, then fine. Give him exciting matchups only

That would take some extreme favorable matchmaking. Actually a BJ Penn fight is a must in a run like that. May be another Cowboy win, yeah, I can see that. But lets face it. Reality is at the top of the division there are guys like RDA, Khabib, Tony Ferguson. No way in hell Nate beats these three

It's a great plan if you hate the UFC. I can only imagine the bad publicity if they officially put Penn in a fight before a legal determination has been made. How about we wait until that plays itself out, then start talking about who BJ Penn fights. Right now I'm skeptical about the merits of the case, but I don't think the UFC needs to go on the record with scheduling a guy to fight and then watch him go on trial for a horrible crime.

A street thug-ish guy vs someone who could turn out being real criminal. That's be awesome.

Card should be headlined by Lee Murray vs Thiago Silva or whatever

A Diaz is almost a sadistic match up for BJ. BJ tends to fold and the guy's chin is too good for his own good, Nate would go full offensive mode when he sees BJ backing up, and it's a high volume punches with not enough power to finish BJ. It would be a prolonged beating.... Hopefully it's a five rounder

Since Pettis and Barboza (the two men who'd stand with Nate and make an interesting fight to watch) are fighting each other lets have BJ vs Nate.

Dont know if Penn has raped anyone but if they decide to make Diaz vs Alvarez, Ediie will be rubbing against Nate both on the ground and against the cage the whole freaking time. Who the hell wants to see that.
As a Penn fan....no thank you please,

Give him a trash can, if anyone deserves an easy fight its BJ for gods sake! The guy fights nothing but killers, even when returning from years out.

Back