How about BJ faces Nate for his return

Have you not seen his last couple of fights are you kidding me.
Look who he faced. A huge top 3 ww in rory, edgar who is legit, and nick who got outboxed in the first round. You act as if he got crushed by cans.

Look who he faced. A huge top 3 ww in rory, edgar who is legit, and nick who got outboxed in the first round. You act as if he got crushed by cans.

Penns last fight he looked like he didn't belong in the UFC. It was embarrassing. In his prime Penn would crush Nate and most (if not all) the LWs. But Penn is well past his prime

Penns last fight he looked like he didn't belong in the UFC. It was embarrassing. In his prime Penn would crush Nate and most (if not all) the LWs. But Penn is well past his prime
For sure but I'd still like to see the jackson wink fw version of penn. No more yes men. It was embarassing and a disappointment bc I get super hyped for a bj...fight.

Nah. I don't want BJ facing anybody with Diaz in their name, not Nick, Nate, or even fucking Joey Diaz.

Why do Diaz fans always think they need to have stylistically favorable matchups? If they are as good as their fans say they are then match them up with whoever.

And Nate murders Penn at this point
No matter your favorite fighter you know theres atleast 1+ other fighter in the division who has a style that isnt favorable for them.

Not a huge Diaz fan but i sympathize for them because everyone wants to see them fight wrestlers back to back to back or someone who kicks legs. Andy is the MW goat, but we all know he wouldnt look as impressive fighting constant pressure wrestlers.

Imagine Anderson vs weidman 3, followed by Anderson vs Rockhold, vs tim kennedy, then he moves up to lhw like the good ol days and fights Cormier. He'd look terrible. So its annoying people always want to see the diaz bros fight constant bad matchups.

Time has passed Baby Jay. He is a trying to cling on the glory days like most men that has passed their prime.
He will get clowned by Nate.

I been saying the same for a long time. It is an easy sell for the UFC, the story line is there.

I think it has come to a point that B.J. needs to get a win first. Posters over exaggerate the beating Nick Diaz gave B.J. and seem to forget B.J. clearly won the first round and then gassed. Nick and Nate have the same style with Nick being able to use that style more effectively. B.J could do to Nate for 2 or 3 rounds what he did to Nick in the 1st round of their fight.

All that being said. With recent events ... B.J. may never fight again even if he is innocent. Which I hope he is. Pending on how long it takes to sort everything out.

No matter your favorite fighter you know theres atleast 1+ other fighter in the division who has a style that isnt favorable for them.

Not a huge Diaz fan but i sympathize for them because everyone wants to see them fight wrestlers back to back to back or someone who kicks legs. Andy is the MW goat, but we all know he wouldnt look as impressive fighting constant pressure wrestlers.

Imagine Anderson vs weidman 3, followed by Anderson vs Rockhold, vs tim kennedy, then he moves up to lhw like the good ol days and fights Cormier. He'd look terrible. So its annoying people always want to see the diaz bros fight constant bad matchups.

Well Anderson did beat Cheal back to back, Hendo, Okami and Nate M. Also not wrestlers really but, Maia (who actually takes almost everyone down) and Leites also pressured Anderson with TDs the whole fight. No one was saying lets just give Anderson exciting fights (well yeah he was champ, i know)

I don't want to see Nate (who i like much more then Nick and think has much more potential) fall into the role of the guy who can't beat wrestlers or leg kick guys, so lets just give him exciting fights. I am not saying give him all wrestlers, but give him whoever makes the most sense in the rankings. The only way i would only want to see Nate only fighting guys who will stand and trade with him is if he is so obviously never going to be at the top that he becomes a "fun" match up guy (like Penn will be if he comes back). I love Condit and i would not want to see him not being matched up with wrestlers

I been saying the same for a long time. It is an easy sell for the UFC, the story line is there.

I think it has come to a point that B.J. needs to get a win first. Posters over exaggerate the beating Nick Diaz gave B.J. and seem to forget B.J. clearly won the first round and then gassed. Nick and Nate have the same style with Nick being able to use that style more effectively. B.J could do to Nate for 2 or 3 rounds what he did to Nick in the 1st round of their fight.

All that being said. With recent events ... B.J. may never fight again even if he is innocent. Which I hope he is. Pending on how long it takes to sort everything out.

Yet Nate has more top 10 wins and higher better wins at LW then Nick has at WW. The difference between Nate and Nick is Nick was protected from bad matchups for like 8 years. Nate never got the luxury of avoiding Wrestlers outside the UFC for years like Nick did.

Nates wins over Miller, Cowboy, Gray, Johnson >>>> Nicks wins over 20 year old Robbie, old ass Penn and freaking Daley

Pummeled by a second Diaz brother. Only prime BJ could stop Nate, not now.

Penn did real well against Nick the first round of their fight, outboxed Nick and whatnot. Nate has already been KO'd and all (and watching the fight against Johnson I believe his chin is not what it used to be) Penn might have a real good chance at winning that. Whatever the scenario we win for sure.

You must be drunk

Yet Nate has more top 10 wins and higher better wins at LW then Nick has at WW. The difference between Nate and Nick is Nick was protected from bad matchups for like 8 years. Nate never got the luxury of avoiding Wrestlers outside the UFC for years like Nick did.

Nates wins over Miller, Cowboy, Gray, Johnson >>>> Nicks wins over 20 year old Robbie, old ass Penn and freaking Daley

That is your opinion. I would say they are not. And we are talking different divisions so its harder to compare but imo Nick > Nate - Nick has Gomi, Robbie , Penn , Daley , K.J. Noons , Frank Shamrock. And an argument can be made that he should have a win over Condit and a title in his resume plus also has fought G.S.P. and Anderson. All that out weighs Nate.

But my main point is / was ... Nick and Nate use the same style but Nick is better at using it and the more complete and better fighter. If Nick and Nate were to fight. Nick would win. He is over all a better fighter than Nate.

Last edited:

Nick would crush all those guys. Nick beat Prime Gomi when he was number 1 in the world at that weight, he has quite a few top ten wins. BJ was not old, he was coming off a draw against the consensus number 2 WW in the world at the time in Jon Fitch in which he won 2 of the 3 rounds.

I agree with most of your points but Paul Daley is a very good & dangerous striker. It's not an easy feat to beat Daley.

Penn did real well against Nick the first round of their fight, outboxed Nick and whatnot. Nate has already been KO'd and all (and watching the fight against Johnson I believe his chin is not what it used to be) Penn might have a real good chance at winning that. Whatever the scenario we win for sure.

Huh? He was tkod and was fine as soon as he stood up he lost because of equilibrium not his chin failing. Also what in the Johnson fight made you think it's not what it use to be? The hardest shot he ate was at the end of the third he got hit and it obviously hurt him but not even ten seconds later he was fine. Hell even before that he was Mj couldn't get the takedown so he wasn't that hurt.

Back