• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

House Republican Chris Collins submits his resignation to Pelosi

Surprised he didn't just screech that it's a partisan witchhunt and so what if he broke some laws ("like *you're* so perfect!"). Seems to work for Republicans these days.

Surprised he didn't just screech that it's a partisan witchhunt and so what if he broke some laws ("like *you're* so perfect!"). Seems to work for Republicans these days.

Let's not forget dismissing specific, corroborated reports of unprecedented abuse of power by throwing a bunch of vague accusations against other people against the wall.

Here's one of our resident geniuses responding to reports about Trump pressuring other countries to investigate our government agencies for his benefit:

It's Washington "Fuckin" D.C. - Yeah crazy crooked, and it's not a partisan thing. This goes across parties. The shit those assholes do it outrageous. Biden sold his office for profit, and it's common. Why did Hillary Clinton's Foundation funding dry up as soon as she lost? They weren't donating out of the goodness of their hearts. Maxine Waters and her husband's banking? Diane Feinstein's husband's government contracts? Pelosi's millions? Those are just some Democrat examples. I make no claim that there aren't plenty of Republican examples too.
N

The Left at this time is far far far more corrupt, but the Republicans have real issues too.

Republican Congressmen from New York might as well be Democrats, based on their voting records.

Nothing of value has been lost.

He is an absolute party line Republican.

Dont let that prevent you from posting easily disproved lies though.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/chris-collins/

Thanks for the correction.

Thought he'd be of the same ilk as this jackass.

ABC_peter_king_jt_150301_4x3_992.jpg

Anyway, happy to see any politician get pinched for insider trading, reguardless if I agree with their politics or not. Sick of these jackasses making tens of millions through their political & financial connections.

'Vote With Trump' isn't exactly an accurate metric to gauge if they're a jackass.

Well you were complaining about the reps basically being Democrats. Agreeing with trump makes him a jackass for sure, but not a Democrat.
<Bottle.gif>

Let's not forget dismissing specific, corroborated reports of unprecedented abuse of power by throwing a bunch of vague accusations against other people against the wall.

Here's one of our resident geniuses responding to reports about Trump pressuring other countries to investigate our government agencies for his benefit:

Quoting someone on my ignore list. But, yeah, that's another effective tactic. Cynicism, ironically, is very helpful to corrupt leaders.

Well you were complaining about the reps basically being Democrats. Agreeing with trump makes him a jackass for sure, but not a Democrat.

Holy shit, this is the ownage of the year, IMO. I feel like Darryl here.

Quoting someone on my ignore list. But, yeah, that's another effective tactic. Cynicism, ironically, is very helpful to corrupt leaders.

Look at these two fools ignoring my direct reply to Jack V and using another reply so as to not have to heal with me debunking his the post which I actually quoted. How intellectually dishonest does it get with these two blowhards?

You know when you have crushed someone like Jack, he puts you on ignore. I've done it to him many times and this is his tactic.

I'm a little bummed he didn't liken his resignation to a civil war fracture before leaving.

This is it!! Orange man is next!!

Look at these two fools ignoring my direct reply to Jack V and using another reply so as to not have to heal with me debunking his the post which I actually quoted. How intellectually dishonest does it get with these two blowhards?

You know when you have crushed someone like Jack, he puts you on ignore. I've done it to him many times and this is his tactic.
*deal
*his post

It's funny that his little pump and dump was caught and prosecuted by the SEC and not ASIC though, given it was on the ASX.

he's no friend of mine.

Insider trading is legal for congressional clowns, was he busted for trading foreign stock?
Sadly I think you are partially correct.

I believe COngress made it LEGAL for Congress people to trade on Insider Information based on their govt business. Meaning, lets say they know some impending legislation will cause panic in the Auto sector and hurt auto stocks, a Congress person can legally short those stock in advance of the announcement and reap a big profits.

But if a Congress person's son is CEO of a company and he warns Dad or Mom (the Congress person) that bad things are happening, dump the stock quick, that is not protected.

@Trotsky can you clarify?

Remember: this guy was REelected by Republican voters AFTER he was indicted for insider trading.

So, yeah, maybe we can take all these "good, I oppose corruption regardless of politics" claims with a grain of salt.
He would get re-elected tomorrow by the same Republican voters.

...ethics ...legality pshaw, only the weak concern themselves with such concepts.

I wonder if many of these righties would be ok with some random generic GOP congressman using the same tactics Trump uses. They'd likely scoff at the congressman at not being as adept and idiotic as Trump, thus making it a poor attempt, simply not care, or hate the attempt entirely, showing their hypocrisy in relation to Tridump.

But dems want tranny guys to get fake abortions in the military to make themselves feel better about PTSD. So it's a wash.

If you look at what trends on conservative news websites you’d know why these people are so clueless.

The black girl who lied about her hair being cut is the most important world news on hack right wing sites.

Back