House Republican Chris Collins submits his resignation to Pelosi

Just look at the posts from our resident reactionary far right insane posters here.

They all have mental disorders.

I am sure he is a scumbag. The irony is that he had to submit his resignation to a much bigger scumbag in Pelosi.

c00f54c4aef15764f6ef4d2acd3e01c2.png

Having her and other Democrats cry about Trump's tax returns is precious.

I am sure he is a scumbag. The irony is that he had to submit his resignation to a much bigger scumbag in Pelosi.

You're the master of deflection, sir.

GOP congressman Chris Collins will plead guilty to insider-trading charges

GOP congressman Chris Collins of New York's 27th District will plead guilty to insider trading, Bloomberg reported Monday morning, citing court documents and sources close to the case.

Collins submitted his letter of resignation to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Monday afternoon. The resignation will go into effect Tuesday.

The GOP congressman was charged with trading on non-public knowledge on Innate Immunotherapeutics, an Australian biotech firm. Collins was arrested in August 2018 with his son, Cameron Collins, along with the father of Cameron's fiancee, Stephen Zarsky.

All three first pled not guilty to the crimes, but Cameron and Zarsky will change their pleas with the congressman, Bloomberg reported. Collins' change-of-plea hearing is set for 3 p.m. ET Tuesday in Manhattan federal court, while Cameron and Zarsky's hearings are scheduled for 2 p.m. ET Thursday.

Chris Collins served on the Innate's board and called his son with a stock tip after the company failed a key drug test, prosecutors claimed. Cameron then sold shares of the company and passed the information on to Zarsky, who also unloaded shares, according to the complaint.

The trades occurred before news of the failed trial was made public, prosecutors alleged. Innate stock dropped 92% on the Australian Securities Exchange after the public announcement of the drug's failed test.

Lawyers for Collins could not be immediately reached.

I thought Congress was exempt from insider trading rules; did I miss a change in law or was that a bogus claum?

I thought Congress was exempt from insider trading rules; did I miss a change in law or was that a bogus claum?
From what I understand, he can dump the stocks himself but he can't call anyone else and tell them to dump the stocks.

Isn't it her husband's money? And also notice the years, what was the figure pre crash in 2007.
If you had large investments in 05-07 you made sizeable gains as it recovered 08-now. If her taxes aren't public where did those figures come from.

The right bemoans fake news, and passes off its own fake news as memes.

Using jpgs as journalism...

It's amazing how closely your stupidity and dishonesty track with each other when you decide to proffer dipshitted memes like this........

Isn't it her husband's money? And also notice the years, what was the figure pre crash in 2007.
If you had large investments in 05-07 you made sizeable gains as it recovered 08-now. If her taxes aren't public where did those figures come from.

The right bemoans fake news, and passes off its own fake news as memes.

Using jpgs as journalism...

Let's see the tax returns. I am sure her influence had NOTHING to do with her husband landing monster $$$$.

Whenever a politician gets hemmed up for insider trading yall should feel cheated.

Cause the summabitch didnt pass on the hot tip.

Yall vote these mother fuckers in and then they dont even break bread with yall.

This. I hope they throw the book at him.
I agree. You don't hold office to hook up your friends and family. That's disgusting and decays democracy. People like this should be punished as severely as possible

I agree. You don't hold office to hook up your friends and family. That's disgusting and decays democracy. People like this should be punished as severely as possible
<Dany07>

It's really funny to see a Trump-bot unironically say something like this.

Look at these two fools ignoring my direct reply to Jack V and using another reply so as to not have to heal with me debunking his the post which I actually quoted. How intellectually dishonest does it get with these two blowhards?

You know when you have crushed someone like Jack, he puts you on ignore. I've done it to him many times and this is his tactic.

No one cares what you think, you're a bit of an idiot.

Hope this helps.

<Dany07>

It's really funny to see a Trump-bot unironically say something like this.

No funnier than the folks defending Biden now or any other politician. If you support politicians sooner than later you're going to support a crooked person. The idea that this happens on one side and not the other is rather silly, and given the unpartisan nature of his comment, it's a bit of a cheap shot from you.

No funnier than the folks defending Biden now or any other politician. If you support politicians sooner than later you're going to support a crooked person. The idea that this happens on one side and not the other is rather silly, and given the unpartisan nature of his comment, it's a bit of a cheap shot from you.

Nepotism literally exists in the White House.

If you support Trump it's an incredibly disingenuous statement.

Wait, currently governing congressmen can be actively on the boards of various companies?

What the fuck?

Nepotism literally exists in the White House.

If you support Trump it's an incredibly disingenuous statement.

Do you disagree with anything he said? Then why not start with the agreement on the actual subject at hand instead of trying to score cheap points? It's good to see righties applauding corrupt right wing guys getting busted.

Do you disagree with anything he said? Then why not start with the agreement on the actual subject at hand instead of trying to score cheap points? It's good to see righties applauding corrupt right wing guys getting busted.

No, it's disingenuous.

It's not like they have a choice here this guy is already falling on his sword.

Back