• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

You’re probably right about that being the most nonsensical but I also hated Stannis burning Shireen. Made no sense and the writers tried justifying it by saying Stannis was burning people from the moment we saw him. Which isn’t true, they were burning the idols of the seven. Dumbass writers should have been canned after S5.

Melisandre told Stannis that he had to sacrifice Shireen. Melisandre was brought in by Stannis' wife through the Lord of Light religion and convinced Stannis that he was to be king and had a huge part to play in the future. We never got much backstory on her. The closest thing was when another Red priestess was encountered by Tyrion across the sea.

In the show, Stannis intended to burn Gendry and did burn one of his own bannermen, Axel Florent.

The chain scene is the single stupidest thing in the entire series.

Littlefinger giving away Sansa was idiotic and out of character, but the army of the dead magically finding a giant chain in the middle of nowhere and somehow attaching it to a dead dragon at the bottom of a lake was completely nonsensical.

I do not disagree about the stupidity of the scene but its not that exclusive regarding S7 and then s8 . They butchered every character and story development to the point of retardation. Be that the way they attacked the whitewalkers at winterfell, how the most intelligent devious characters in Littlefinger, Varys and Tyrion lost their brains entirely, absurd teleports of characters through westeros, the catapults on ships with inbuilt guiding systems <Lmaoo> and so on and on. In the end the new council & king felt like a meeting of mentally handicapped residents living in an assisted home. Thats how far GoT in general had fallen.

You can't just give someone a dragon, especially an old one. Vhagar was a very old dragon and they have to accept you as their rider.
The kids got their dragons when they were eggs, so Laenor already had a dragon. They showed him riding it in the "war" against the Crab Feeder.

It seems that family members would become familiar with each others dragons. Rhaenyra talked of wanting Alicent to ride with her. Surely parents would take a child for a dragon ride. As to children receiving dragons as eggs, there seem to be several examples otherwise. Dragons live longer than humans. Balerion was about 200 years old and apparently Viserys was his last rider with Viserys father Aegon before that so Balerion was apparently handed down. The dragon Daemon rides Caraxes, was Aemon Targaryens dragon.

Melisandre told Stannis that he had to sacrifice Shireen. Melisandre was brought in by Stannis' wife through the Lord of Light religion and convinced Stannis that he was to be king and had a huge part to play in the future. We never got much backstory on her. The closest thing was when another Red priestess was encountered by Tyrion across the sea.

In the show, Stannis intended to burn Gendry and did burn one of his own bannermen, Axel Florent.
Oh I know he burnt people, but not the moment we saw him. He started burning people after his defeat on the Blackwater.

Still makes no sense he did it to his girl, who he went above and beyond for to save because she had Grayscale, at the risk of others being infected. and if you want to say he was getting desperate or went mad - the show doesn’t really build upon either very well and everything was so sudden.

Just makes no sense to me and I’d be willing to bet it doesn’t go down like that if WoW ever releases. They just saw him as a villain and wrote the worst possible ending they could for him (though I did like his dialogue with Brienne right at the end)

It's a bit difficult not to time skip when the source material is based over 30 years, majority of which nothing actually happens and would be incredibly mundane to adapt to a show.. lol.
That dude has no interest in actual discussion, many times he has been corrected on him missing major plot points in this thread and he just ignores it and bitches about something else. Just a troll or a retard that continues to watch a show he doesn’t like.

It's a bit difficult not to time skip when the source material is based over 30 years, majority of which nothing actually happens and would be incredibly mundane to adapt to a show.. lol.

They time skipped into a new dimension. 57 new children showed up, they changed some actors, they left others, it barely makes any sense.

You’re probably right about that being the most nonsensical but I also hated Stannis burning Shireen. Made no sense and the writers tried justifying it by saying Stannis was burning people from the moment we saw him. Which isn’t true, they were burning the idols of the seven. Dumbass writers should have been canned after S5.
Melisandre is 1000 percent gonna burn Shireen in the books

I find it a bit derivative TBH. He's his own man.

Did Littlefinger murder his own father and brother? Nope.

Did Littlefinger casually offer to gouge a kid's eye out? I think not.
I agree he’s a different sort of entity but Littlefinger would probably do either of those if it meant him gaining station.

Much like the comparisons of Tywin and Otto. Kind of a disservice to both characters, especially this early on.

Melisandre is 1000 percent gonna burn Shireen in the books
Agree, but Stannis will be dead by that point and will have nothing to do with it.

I agree he’s a different sort of entity but Littlefinger would probably do either of those if it meant him gaining station.

Much like the comparisons of Tywin and Otto. Kind of a disservice to both characters, especially this early on.

Agree, but Stannis will be dead by that point and will have nothing to do with it.
I think he’ll be at Winterfell and she’ll do it on his behalf
But agree he won’t have anything to do with it

watching the show back Stannis’ arc starting from season 2 was good foreshadowing that the show was gonna suck, since he’s a non POV character are more subtle - D and D seemed to misunderstand his character from the start

They time skipped into a new dimension. 57 new children showed up, they changed some actors, they left others, it barely makes any sense.
So you want a play by play series for every pregnancy.. lol.. that would be boring I would think.

They changed actors because in particular with Rhaenyra and Alicent they were time jumping from being teens to late 20s.. that obviously isn't needed for Viserys or Daemon for example

Most ridiculous shit was arya vs brienne

Arya going full matrix versus person who defeated weakened hound
That was funny. We laughed a lot watching this when she jumped around with her little toy sword, no sweat , no real armor & parrying two handed strikes :D Funniest part is you go on Youtube and will find hundreds of comments how badass that fight was.

That was funny. We laughed a lot watching this when she jumped around with her little toy sword, no sweat , no real armor & parrying two handed strikes :D Funniest part is you go on Youtube and will find hundreds of comments how badass that fight was.

Yup

My eyes were rolling so fast they nearly got lit on fire

(I hated brienne beating hound as well but im going with weakened by infection theory)

I find it a bit derivative TBH. He's his own man.

Did Littlefinger murder his own father and brother? Nope.

Did Littlefinger casually offer to gouge a kid's eye out? I think not.
It just rolls off the tongue better than clubfoot

Back