Crime Honeywell fined $13 million for transfering defense tech info to China

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- Defense giant Honeywell corp. made unauthorised trasnfers of American defense technology to 5 countries, one of them China.

- The information included content on the F22 raptor, the F35 JSF, the B1b Lancer, F/A 18 Hornet, C130, Apache longbow, Corsair, A10 warthog, Tomahawk cruise missle, M1A1 Abrans and some other weapons.

- Here is some of content shared:
“engineering prints showing dimensions, geometries, and layouts for manufacturing castings and finished parts for multiple aircraft, gas turbine engines, and military electronics,” according to the statement.

-
Honeywell says it inadvertently shared the info. Since they came forward and informed the government, they will not face stricter punishment.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...ed-13m-for-sharing-documents-with-china-other

--
$13 million for a defense giant like Honeywell is less than a slap on the wrist.

Either they were truly incompetent or someone decided to consciously authorise the release of info, to curry favor. Why would they need to share any information at all on the F22, F35 , B1b lancer, Tomahawk, Apace and Abrams with the Chinese??

Lol @ only mentioning China when there are 5 other countries that received that same info. The media sure does love fear-mongering.
The news article does mention the others. I didn't mention the others by name, though I did say there were 5 countries in total, because the others aren't security threats and aiming to be the 800lb gorilla of nations.

I've read there was a huge survey done recently, it was 50,000 random people from European countries. 'Which country is the biggest threat to world democracy' and USA came in ranked number one, above Russia and China. So outside of America most people see America as a bigger threat to the world. In America because of propaganda, Russia and China are the biggest threat to the world.

I've read there was a huge survey done recently, it was 50,000 random people from European countries. 'Which country is the biggest threat to world democracy' and USA came in ranked number one, above Russia and China. So outside of America most people see America as a bigger threat to the world. In America because of propaganda, Russia and China are the biggest threat to the world.
You think propaganda is the reason why Americans don't see themselves as a threat?
<23>

China is not an ally

Canada and Mexico are neighbors

Ireland because Canner's big mouth might cause a need for national defense
I wouldn't give my neighbors the code to my safe anymore than I would give it to a stranger or an enemy. You don't share dangerous secrets vital to your national security with anyone from the outside, everyone is a threat.

I wouldn't give my neighbors the code to my safe anymore than I would give it to a stranger or an enemy. You don't share dangerous secrets vital to your national security with anyone from the outside, everyone is a threat.
I see

This took place in 2011 - 2015?

Honeywell voluntarily disclosed

You think propaganda is the reason why Americans don't see themselves as a threat?
<23>
No, propaganda is the reason Russia and China are seen as a threat by American people. Outside of America, everyone else in the world sees America as the biggest threat because they're aware of all countries actions.

No, propaganda is the reason Russia and China are seen as a threat by American people. Outside of America, everyone else in the world sees America as the biggest threat because they're aware of all countries actions.
China steals our IP and threatens our allies, but okay.

You're not well versed in history. I've deployed. Multiple times. I've seen the positive and negative of our involvement. Have you ever been outside of the CONUS ?
Sorry there's no way you can justify America's foreign policy. All those wars to take control of other countries oil production. Thousands of civilians killed in their own countries. Destroying Libya because Gaddafi was moving away from the US dollar. Bombing Syria because of staged chemical weapons attacks by The White Helmets propaganda group. So many proven lies to justify these wars. Even Vietnam was invaded because of a US false flag attack.

China steals our IP and threatens our allies, but okay.
What do you expect with the hostility America shows to Russia and China? USA also has agents commiting cyber attacks and even terrorist attacks in other countries. Torturing detainees in black sites in their own countries. It's plainly obvious that USA is the biggest threat to world democracy. Spending millions to fund Navalny's campaign to overthrow Putin. Funding the CIA backed Venezuelan politician. He lost the election and USA decided they'll recognise him anyway and sanction the country and confiscate their finances until they get their way. This is barely even debatable there's just too much evidence that USA is the biggest threat to world democracy.

What do you expect with the hostility America shows to Russia and China? USA also has agents commiting cyber attacks and even terrorist attacks in other countries. Torturing detainees in black sites in their own countries. It's plainly obvious that USA is the biggest threat to world democracy. Spending millions to fund Navalny's campaign to overthrow Putin. Funding the CIA backed Venezuelan politician. He lost the election and USA decided they'll recognise him anyway and sanction the country and confiscate their finances until they get their way. This is barely even debatable there's just too much evidence that USA is the biggest threat to world democracy.
Now you're just pivoting and crying about how you hate the US.
<YeahOKJen>

Back