Home Security / Door Locks

Some stranger knocks on the door, then tries the handle...people's answers are jail quality deadbolts, security systems/cameras, and most importantly guns.

Just ponder that.

He stood around for over a minute. Rang the bell and knocked on the door, then tried the handle a few times.

My girl looked through the peeping hole on the door and got a look at him. She said he looked dodgy. I don't exactly have many dark skinned thuggish male Thais knocking on my door..

She said he only left one some people came out of the lift.

[/IMG]

or a security door

244.jpg

dog and guns aren't really an option.

the security door is interesting though. I might look into that too.

deadbolt. 1 2/3 up the door and 1 1/3 from the floor. doors are easy to bash in

dog and guns aren't really an option.

the security door is interesting though. I might look into that too.

A properly installed one is an absolute bitch to get through without some serious tools.

My new 92fs is sitting nice next to me after the car bullshit dealt with last couple weeks. The steel front door is very safe but the back french door's are a problem. Good thing my bedroom is right above them.

How much would a decent Medeco lock set me back?

Can these things be lockpicked?

Medeco makes one of the best out there, the only way I've seen to get through it is to drill it, or crowbar and a hammer.

You can reinforce door jam making harder to kick in.

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-Ultimat...259347&sr=8-22&keywords=door+security+devices

41Gvd4BXxWL._SL1500_.jpg

All you are doing is buying time if someone wants in they will do it.

If you are home you can do this

http://www.amazon.com/National-Hard...&qid=1420259618&sr=8-6&keywords=door+security

71BJ%2BT0TnEL._SL1500_.jpg

However if someone really wants in they will break in.'

If you go on vacation get a hidden camera that detects movement that has a SD card. Better yet get more than one if you are worried.

Medeco makes one of the best out there, the only way I've seen to get through it is to drill it, or crowbar and a hammer.

sounds good. im sold.

im just debating whether to go for an exterior steel door thingy, or just the deadbolt.

sounds good. im sold.

im just debating whether to go for an exterior steel door thingy, or just the deadbolt.

Security door is only as good as the frame it's attached to. If it's wood framed I can get through that in a few minutes. Steel framed and you're set. With the upgraded deadbolt make sure you get an upgraded striker plate too, other wise you can just kick thought it. Also is your door solid? Not sure what building codes are in your area as far as quality of unit doors, but I've seen some really flimsy ones here that are nowhere near code.

Another good thing about Medeco is the keys. Your average convenience store cannot copy them.

six pages and no one mentioned a game bred Pit?!?!?! even a Doberman or Rotty will make most criminals pick a different dwelling to eff with.

six pages and no one mentioned a game bred Pit?!?!?! even a Doberman or Rotty will make most criminals pick a different dwelling to eff with.

I assume it's because not everyone wants to walk their security system.

Security door is only as good as the frame it's attached to. If it's wood framed I can get through that in a few minutes. Steel framed and you're set. With the upgraded deadbolt make sure you get an upgraded striker plate too, other wise you can just kick thought it. Also is your door solid? Not sure what building codes are in your area as far as quality of unit doors, but I've seen some really flimsy ones here that are nowhere near code.

Another good thing about Medeco is the keys. Your average convenience store cannot copy them.

Security doors open outward. Nothing short of a SWAT tank battering ram can bust through. You have to do some serious prying to destroy the deadbolt

swattank.jpg

Security doors open outward. Nothing short of a SWAT tank battering ram can bust through. You have to do some serious prying to destroy the deadbolt

I was referring to the door frame itself. Not the security door. That's why I was asking about building codes and whatnot. In apartments where I am I've seen hollow pre-hung doors that are are framed in one inch wood. If there isn't anything more substantial beyond that it's not going to be hard to get through with some simple hand tools.

I assume it's because not everyone wants to walk their security system.

Who says you have to walk em? Letting them roam around the yard is a far better deterrent than a security door.people genuinely fear those dogs especially the criminal types.

I don't have a pit. I've trained my pet Guinea pig lacy to dispatch any knaredowellers that come into my home. I actually want someone to break in so I can see her in action

Last edited:
Kevo deadbolt...especially if you travel lots and have people staying at your place...

Back