Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

"Hollywood's identity crisis: Actors, writers and producers warn of 'reverse racism'

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by GtehMVP, Jul 13, 2020.

1. evansusmc2 Black Belt

OK fair enough but I’d also attribute him having a successful head start due to him starting at a ridiculously young age.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  2. SugarKrok Purple Belt

More toxic than Chernobyl? Right. Remember when Blacks were only allowed to play the help? That's a bit more toxic than wtv the hell is happenning right now.

From what I gather, it seems like middle aged white dudes aren't often being cast as the titular character in new shows on Netflix, CW, and maybe BET or something. However, I am skeptical to believe middle aged whites are being excluded to the point they are now vastly underepresented in hollywood. Young white guys under 30 are still getting plenty of casting calls for movies and shows. Unless there's hard data to support the TS claim, I don't buy it.

3. Fanu Black Belt

Eh hollywood has been fucked for 2 decades now - shit movies galore, no damage if all of hollywood goes to ruins

Bring back the 90s, when hollywood movies were actually awesome: terminator 2, matrix, a few good men, fight club, the green mile, pulp fiction, silence of the lambs, saving private ryan, braveheart, goodfellas, schindlers list, jurassic park, the big lebowski, lion king, shawshank redemption, toy story, good will hunting, home alone, forrest gump, dumb and dumber, reservoir dogs, se7en, heat, etc

4. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

If this is true doesn’t Hollywood just have, well, itself to blame?

original doom and GtehMVP like this.
  5. bobStash Robert may be your step-mom's brother in law

Yes, that was wrong then. And the inverse is wrong now. As your mom said, 2 wrongs don't make a white.

6. MMABrooklyn Brown Belt

Don’t message me your pics.

7. MMABrooklyn Brown Belt

Please quote where I said 90% of whites in America are “wealthy”. I’ll might read the rest of your post after the quote.

I believe so. Ownership is 96% white. I’m America, more white people play basketball than Black, they are just being out competed dispute having more resources. White Europeans are out competing white Americans Basketball players as well.

There was never a “no whites” NBA policy, the same cannot be said for Black people.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  8. MMABrooklyn Brown Belt

The bottom bunk in his mother house. Stop talking about things you don’t know about.

9. fizban Green Belt Platinum Member

somebody has to keep making the super hero movies or ill be very disappointed.

10. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

I'd even go more basic than that, in that you can't argue with popularity. Amy Schumer is similar, being the niece of a very prominent politician whose name may carry some clout. Open doors only gets you so far. You still have to convince the crowds that you're funny, regardless. Just because you're related to someone who may be helping you get some opportunities, doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to take advantage of those opportunities. If nobody likes you, it doesn't matter how many doors were opened for you. You'll fail all the same.

evansusmc2 likes this.
  11. Mr.Maelstrom "Pull up" Belt

Case in point: Randy Quaid.

12. BIKES! So then I said... Platinum Member

Agreed, including tons of A listers. Many of which are simply born into the business or came from the elitist nepotism pool.

13. Here's the thing It depends on my Depends.

I generally agree with your posts, but this one is mostly wrong. Being blood-related to someone already successful in Hollywood doesn't just open doors. It assures you'll have a career as long as you train, and work hard. The number of people who are in the game, and simply would not be without that connection, is staggering. You can be a pretty shitty actor, and if you're related to a big star, you're guaranteeed a career.

The only ones who fail are the ones who don't train. They don't learn to act, or they're lazy as fuck. There are some actors who are related to big names and never make a career out of it because their acting is so bad, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Kafir-kun, evansusmc2 and SugarKrok like this.
  14. Rocco Siffredi Green Belt

I watch anime. There is no hollywood bullshit worth watching.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  15. Sharkhunter Purple Belt

less then 10% own over 70% of Americas wealth

16. evansusmc2 Black Belt

He used to live WITH Adam Carrola in an apartment when they were both broke. Ever listen to the Adam Carrola podcast?

lifelessheap likes this.
  17. evansusmc2 Black Belt

Man, I was stationed in Japan for 3 years and still couldn't get in to that anime stuff.

18. BrokenSword White Belt

I suppose it's easier to ignore arguments than address them, but I'm not scared of reading your point of view.

Your problem is that you don't see people as individuals, but as a hive mind groups. As was shown by the whole occupy wall street saga is that all white people do not benefit by other white people being wealthy just like all black people do not benefit from people like jordan peele, Kanye West and hundreds of black athletes being wealthy.

Social mobility is something that is accessible to everyone. Also please show evidence of any 'no blacks' policy anywhere in 2020. Actual laws on the books.

19. original doom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

anime sucksss.

20. original doom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

well fuck a duck who could have seen this coming, not them lol.

<WhatIsThis>

do we have any specific names ?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020