"Hollywood's identity crisis: Actors, writers and producers warn of 'reverse racism'

I generally agree with your posts, but this one is mostly wrong. Being blood-related to someone already successful in Hollywood doesn't just open doors. It assures you'll have a career as long as you train, and work hard. The number of people who are in the game, and simply would not be without that connection, is staggering. You can be a pretty shitty actor, and if you're related to a big star, you're guaranteeed a career.

The only ones who fail are the ones who don't train. They don't learn to act, or they're lazy as fuck. There are some actors who are related to big names and never make a career out of it because their acting is so bad, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Well, hold up. I was talking about stand up comedy, and not Hollywood in particular which have many more factors involved. A bit actor like Clint Howard isn't going to have much effect on their bottom line, so he can continue to be squeezed in there as a favor by his much more famous brother. Stand up comes down to being funny or not. If you go out there and bomb every single night on the opportunities you've been given by whoever, you're not long for that career. Your bookings will simply dry up because you're not a draw, and that'll be a wrap.

Acting in Hollywood is a bit different, unless you're given a star turn simply because of your name. Then you have to deliver. You can still be a shitty actor of course, but you have to be able to sell the project based on how much people want to see you. Just getting in there and keep bouncing around from bit role to bit role, because a relative keeps getting you in there, is far more sustainable than having the spotlight on you and being forced to entertain.

Well, hold up. I was talking about stand up comedy, and not Hollywood in particular which have many more factors involved. A bit actor like Clint Howard isn't going to have much effect on their bottom line, so he can continue to be squeezed in there as a favor by his much more famous brother. Stand up comes down to being funny or not. If you go out there and bomb every single night on the opportunities you've been given by whoever, you're not long for that career. Your bookings will simply dry up because you're not a draw, and that'll be a wrap.

Acting in Hollywood is a bit different, unless you're given a star turn simply because of your name. Then you have to deliver. You can still be a shitty actor of course, but you have to be able to sell the project based on how much people want to see you. Just getting in there and keep bouncing around from bit role to bit role, because a relative keeps getting you in there, is far more sustainable than having the spotlight on you and being forced to entertain.

Ahhhhh....you are correct my friend, especially the part about stand up. But here's the thing: you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, for many years, without being the movie's main draw. And the other thing is this: with a year or so of serious training, you can fall comfortably in between the "tiny bit parts" and "superstar roles" continuum. There is a lot of work to be had in between, and a lot of money to be made.

I'll give you but one example "Pepper Potts" played by Gwyneth Paltrow. There are thousands of women who could have played that character as well or better than she did. But she got it because she's established. She got the role because she's connected, and already in the game. And had she not had the parents she does, she'd be just one of 10,000 struggling actresses in Hollywood/NYC who never got that big break. I'm not saying Gwyneth can't act...I'm saying she is no better than a shitload of unknown actresses who will never make a career out of acting. Even if you don't agree with me, and think she's amazing, I could list about 2,000 more examples of people who got in the game because of bloodline, and are not great actors, they are merely "good enough".

ive tried to get into anime, i just cant.

I've been watching it since I was like 3 or 4. I was watching anime decades before I knew it was anime.

I am not going to try to convert you or anything, but on Netflix they have Death Note (the anime, not the shit movie) and that is a good gateway. Basically a death god gives a self righteous high school boy a notebook where if you write a person's name and think of their face while doing it they will die the way you tell them to.

I've been watching it since I was like 3 or 4. I was watching anime decades before I knew it was anime.

I am not going to try to convert you or anything, but on Netflix they have Death Note (the anime, not the shit movie) and that is a good gateway. Basically a death god gives a self righteous high school boy a notebook where if you write a person's name and think of their face while doing it they will die the way you tell them to.

i will sus death notes.

I suppose it's easier to ignore arguments than address them, but I'm not scared of reading your point of view.

Your problem is that you don't see people as individuals, but as a hive mind groups. As was shown by the whole occupy wall street saga is that all white people do not benefit by other white people being wealthy just like all black people do not benefit from people like jordan peele, Kanye West and hundreds of black athletes being wealthy.

Social mobility is something that is accessible to everyone. Also please show evidence of any 'no blacks' policy anywhere in 2020. Actual laws on the books.
O so calling you out for false statements and challenging to you quote me is ignoring an argument?

If social mobility is something that is accessible to everyone, why is the wealth gap growing?

FT_20.02.04_EconomicInequality_1.png

Hollywood is already dead all its talent is gone and all that's left is weirdo leftists pretending at the throne
Everything they produce will be woke garbage that everyone hates.

Good riddance.

Last edited:
Racism is racism, but this is hilarious

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ducers-warn-reverse-racism-film-industry.html
"Hollywood's identity crisis: Actors, writers and producers warn of 'reverse racism' in the film industry which has created a 'toxic' climate for anyone who is a white, middle-age man

A revolution is under way. White actors are being fired. Edicts from studio bosses make it clear that only minorities – racial and sexual – can be given jobs.

A new wave of what has been termed by some as anti-white prejudice is causing writers, directors and producers to fear they will never work again. One described the current atmosphere as 'more toxic than Chernobyl', with leading actors afraid to speak out amid concern they will be labelled racist.

The first sign came with one of the most powerful black directors in Hollywood, Oscar-winning Jordan Peele – the man behind box office hits such as Get Out and Us – stated in public that he did not want to hire a leading man who was white. "

Well well, all those years of champagne virtue signaling, while letting people like Jordan Peele get away with overt discrimination, and bending the knee/bailing out racist marxists...

hqdefault.jpg

<36>

tenor.gif

There are enough white actors, producers, writers, etc. to just make their own fucking films. If other groups want to segregate, then so be it. Set up your own tent and continue to do your work.

The man man plays a great role.
But with the OP saying whiote people can´t find acting jobs....
He was the boss man right? Solid work, but lines delivered like a stock ticker that doesn't get oiled. Seemed spiritually dead inside, as if a trauma shattered his soul and he's getting tired of taping it back together. I've only seen him in that role though, could be wrong.

O so calling you out for false statements and challenging to you quote me is ignoring an argument?

If social mobility is something that is accessible to everyone, why is the wealth gap growing?

FT_20.02.04_EconomicInequality_1.png

One reason is that single parent households have less wealth than two parent households. Now ask yourself if there is a law against any race of people forming families with two parents that can earn, share responsibilities of raising children and then passing on their wealth to the next generation.

If you want to believe that every single black person is in lowest 20% and every single white person is in the highest 20% then godspeed.

One reason is that single parent households have less wealth than two parent households. Now ask yourself if there is a law against any race of people forming families with two parents that can earn, share responsibilities of raising children and then passing on their wealth to the next generation.

If you want to believe that every single black person is in lowest 20% and every single white person is in the highest 20% then godspeed.
Are you claiming that Black two parent Households have as much wealth as white two parent households?

I didn’t take offense to what Peele said. I respect him for saying it openly compared to the directors that do it and are smug about it. But Peele’s movies have only cast white people in the bad guy role, which is his choice and my choice not to watch them. I have watched them and for the life of me I can’t see how people like them so much. I thought us was absolute garbage and get out wasn’t much better.

What bothers me is when I read a book and get excited for the movie or show, only to find they have taken a character described as a little blonde girl with green eyes and cast a black actress in the role for no reason other than to “check that box.” It was the case for my favorite movie of the last few years-Dr sleep. But I loved the movie and the actress that played the lead, but I hate it because it is only done for that reason. Same with “the passage” and in Nos4a2-pointless race changes for the sake of race change. If they took a black character from a book and made them white in the movie, people lose their shit. It won’t happen ever again is my guess no matter how insignificant the role. Look at dr strange(hmm, dr movies) people lost their shit that the ancient one was the Great Tilda Swinton, yet Mordo who is white in the comics was black in the movie. It made little difference to me because I wasn’t a fan of the comic, but it would have pissed me off to see them change the race for no reason. Same with Holly Gibney from outsider-autistic mousy white girl becomes black. You get an image in your head of a character, and when that doesn’t meet your expectations, it is disappointing. When they completely change the race or sex, it’s even worse. Just stick to the books and put pressure to make the characters Of color. And many of the above i mentioned are Stephen King books and his son-and they are changing the characters for the movies, why not write them in that way mr progressive?

So the white cast and crew need to band together and start doing movies. Screw diversity in those. Problem solved.

Aint nothing racist about that. White guys shouldn't be the default leading men or leads period in movies made in America and he's doing something about that. From the movies from him that I saw, whites including white men are in it so what's the big deal?

So what ya b*tching about?

It’s okay to be white.

Back