Holly responds to Ronda's "I'm still undefeated" statement.

In case anyone forgot..... Defeated.

ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

" I really do believe I’m still undefeated because being defeated is a choice. Everyone has losses in their life, but I choose to always be undefeated." Ronda on Ellen.

What school did you get your psych degree from?
Right but see none of that is logically sound.

First statement: " I really do believe I'm undefeated..." Pretty clear that's her conclusion. "...because being defeated is a choice." And that's her premise. Sounds nice, but I don't think that premise is true at all. You don't choose to be defeated. The choice has been taken from you. The condition is forced upon you. The conclusion doesn't follow the premise. If she's arguing the other definition of defeated, then she's trying to have her cake and eat it too. There is no other meaning for undefeated. Someone who isn't feeling defeated isn't someone who is undefeated.

Second statement: "Everyone has losses in their life..." Sounds like a premise. Sure, true enough. "...But I choose to be undefeated." It just doesn't follow.

She's just saying words. You can try to make it make sense in your head all you want. This is what she said and it's baby babble.

Last edited:
I never heard anyone say "Don't bullshit yourself" in such a classy kind way.
Very true.
And I love Holly as much as the next guy... but, I think she is smarter than she is gracious. Meaning, the minute she slips up and says something nasty (that she may be thinking), she knows she'll be crucified by everyone. Including Dana and the UFC.

Every time I see a video clip of Holly I like her more and more the only thing that's missing when I look at her is a golden halo over her head.

Holy Holy Holms

again she's using defeated differently from losing. and defeated does have a meaning where this makes sense. she lost. and she acknowledges it. defeated is state of mind by definition.
It's called moving the goal post.

She tried so hard not to laugh when she heard Ronda said that.

My god ppl are stupid.

im not blaming Holly, she answered as best as should could i guess...but really she could have called the bullshit that ppl should know is bullshit.

Its so taken out of context, and the true meaning lost to push the insane point of view that Ronda is delusional instead of trying to share a metaphoric message.

If you dont like her message, or dont like her as a person, cool, but this is all such nonsense...

First statement: " I really do believe I'm undefeated..." Pretty clear that's her conclusion. "...because being defeated is a choice." And that's her premise. Sounds nice, but I don't think that premise is true at all. You don't choose to be defeated. The choice has been taken from you. The condition is forced upon you. The conclusion doesn't follow the premise. If she's arguing the other definition of defeated, then she's trying to have her cake and eat it too. There is no other meaning for undefeated. Someone who isn't feeling defeated isn't someone who is undefeated.

Second statement: "Everyone has losses in their life..." Sounds like a premise. Sure, true enough. "...But I choose to be undefeated." It just doesn't follow.

She's just saying words. You can try to make it make sense in your head all you want. This is what she said and it's baby babble.
You're over thinking it. She is referencing her mental state. aka alluding to wanting to kill herself(feeling defeated), to picking herself back up. Referencing her mental state and not her physical record.
The conclusion, "I choose not to defeat myself" is a better fit. Obviously, you don't get to pick the wins and losses on your record. I don't think she is a word smith herself, but to over analyze it as if she is a JP Sartre is goofy, mate. Obviously, she is speaking metaphorically. Maybe a bit of cognitive dissonance, however her general point, "I won't have a defeated mindset" is not hard to pick up on.

My comment was also in reference to the guy who said she had narcissistic personality disorder. Nothing about her statement seems to make her delusional enough to then assume that she is narcissistic.

My god ppl are stupid.

im not blaming Holly, she answered as best as should could i guess...but really she could have called the bullshit that ppl should know is bullshit.

Its so taken out of context, and the true meaning lost to push the insane point of view that Ronda is delusional instead of trying to share a metaphoric message.

If you dont like her message, or dont like her as a person, cool, but this is all such nonsense...
Bollocks. It's certainly not "nonsense" as Ronda was crying about suicidal thoughts from feeling worthless... This is serious shit.

That display on Ellen was a SUPREME example of Ronda's lack of "Narcissistic Supply" due to getting DESTROYED by Holly. I'll quote part of what I've already stated before:

Have you ever heard of "Narcissistic Supply"?

Whereas narcissists portray being better than everyone else, it's actually an outward manifestation of self-loathing, (that's why she berates ring card girls and girls who don't have to work for a living, etc...she's JEALOUS) and when Holly knocked her the fuck out, the way Ronda responded was NOT a surprise to anyone who knows about NPD. (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)

She was beaten, thus...bye bye "supply".

"Being deprived of narcissistic supply is like being hollowed out, mentally disemboweled or watching oneself die. It is a cosmic evaporation, disintegrating into molecules of terrified anguish, helplessly and inexorably. It is disintegrating like the zombies or the vampires in horror movies. It is terrifying and the narcissist will do anything to avoid it."

That just means she's stupid, not that she intended to take Holm's merits away.

You're over thinking it. She is referencing her mental state. aka alluding to wanting to kill herself(feeling defeated), to picking herself back up. Referencing her mental state and not her physical record.
The conclusion, "I choose not to defeat myself" is a better fit. Obviously, you don't get to pick the wins and losses on your record. I don't think she is a word smith herself, but to over analyze it as if she is a JP Sartre is goofy, mate. Obviously, she is speaking metaphorically. Maybe a bit of cognitive dissonance, however her general point, "I won't have a defeated mindset" is not hard to pick up on.

My comment was also in reference to the guy who said she had narcissistic personality disorder. Nothing about her statement seems to make her delusional enough to then assume that she is narcissistic.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a good way to interpret her words. Don't be all defeated when you lose. But saying you're undefeated is stretching the language. She wants the Undefeated flair in her life, for the prestige, branding, or the confidence, it doesn't matter because it's gonna have a big asterisk next to it no matter what. You know, I'm undefeated in MMA, but I've never fought a match. Context matters. I've had losses in life, I'm not feeling defeated, but I'm not "undefeated" unless I apply the term to myself beyond its function. She wants the word. I'm not sure how much of a shit she gives about the broken sentiment.

Last edited:
Bollocks. It's certainly not "nonsense" as Ronda was crying about suicidal thoughts from feeling worthless... This is serious shit.

That display on Ellen was a SUPREME example of Ronda's lack of "Narcissistic Supply" due to getting DESTROYED by Holly. I'll quote part of what I've already stated before:

Have you ever heard of "Narcissistic Supply"?

Whereas narcissists portray being better than everyone else, it's actually an outward manifestation of self-loathing, (that's why she berates ring card girls and girls who don't have to work for a living, etc...she's JEALOUS) and when Holly knocked her the fuck out, the way Ronda responded was NOT a surprise to anyone who knows about NPD. (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)

She was beaten, thus...bye bye "supply".

"Being deprived of narcissistic supply is like being hollowed out, mentally disemboweled or watching oneself die. It is a cosmic evaporation, disintegrating into molecules of terrified anguish, helplessly and inexorably. It is disintegrating like the zombies or the vampires in horror movies. It is terrifying and the narcissist will do anything to avoid it."

I don't know if you wilfully missed my point or just like typing lots of stuff.

I wasnt saying that what Ronda said was nonsense...the nonsense is the public blindness to what WAS actually said...

Its been turned into a black and white argument, 'She said she is still undefeated...durrr but she got KO'd...shes not undefeated'...and purposely missing the whole not so hidden meaning behind what she was actually trying to say, and then using it to attack Ronda cause they don't like her.

Don't ever try to analyze what mentally ill people say.

I'll watch Hollys response later, but wasn't that Ronda quote taken out of context? Like, she knows she has a loss, but she is more talking about picking herself up and mentality going forward

Yes it was supposed to be a metaphor regarding her mentality. But I would argue that she has been and still is defeated mentally. After her loss against Holly, she went into hiding. She also recently brought up on Ellen Show that she even contemplated suicide after her first UFC loss. Yes I understand it's her first loss and the UFC hyped her up Super Saiyan Vegeta levels but she's already an Olympic gold medalist who is, I'm assuming, used to competition, training, and knowing there will be a winner and loser in a match. I would expect competitors like her to dust herself off, get a better training camp, and humble herself to avenge her loss. She did the opposite.

I don't know if you wilfully missed my point or just like typing lots of stuff.

I wasnt saying that what Ronda said was nonsense...the nonsense is the public blindness to what WAS actually said...

Its been turned into a black and white argument, 'She said she is still undefeated...durrr but she got KO'd...shes not undefeated'...and purposely missing the whole not so hidden meaning behind what she was actually trying to say, and then using it to attack Ronda cause they don't like her.
What ARE you on about?

Ronda was arguably THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL/DELUDED CHAMPION IN UFC HISTORY...

She hates herself on a very deep level...(which is the most common trait for a narcissist) and cannot stop herself from projecting said FETID BILE of the most ludicrous nature ALL over the place...

And whether or not people dislike her for legitimate reasons or not, (for example, some people straight up don't like her just because she's ugly) the fact remains that she is...toxic.

Ronda has way too much pride and is extremely talented at letting denial control her thoughts.

Denial makes your skills plateau, because you think you were beat because of pure luck.

Because of those two things, ronda will never touch the belt again as long as Holly is the champion.

A little humility, accepting the facts, being open minded will go a long way for Ronda.

Back