Holly Holms Manager: Holm Will Make More Than Rondas Past Opponents

Bels89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"She will make more than any of Rouseys past opponents. I can tell you that she will be making more than Cat Zingano [made at UFC 184]. I can tell you that."

well... cat made 100,000 so not really anything to brag about.

The best part of the interview is when Holms manager admits that she wasn't ready and wanted another fight:

"Of course there was hesitation on my part [when the UFC offered us the fight]. I asked them for one more fight and they said

They saw what having confidence did for Bethe so they decided to have no confidence. Interesting strategy.

someone needs to be sacrificed for the bloodthirsty Aussies. may as well make a little money in the process.

hahaha how the fuck it this important now?
the most "i'm already beat" thing to say.

So they promise one person a title shot, take it away from her, don't bother telling her, then pressurise someone who doesn't want one (yet) into taking it.

Funny how fast the call for instant title shots changed into hesitation after the sign.

So they promise one person a title shot, take it away from her, don't bother telling her, then pressurise someone who doesn't want one (yet) into taking it.

not that it's a superfight but I think that UFC learned their lesson...cash in while you can:

ckjboo.png

Moral victory for getting her arm ripped off in 30 seconds.

The UFC is a business making things as interesting as they can.

that whole things reads as defeatist to me. We aren't ready for this fight but at least we're making more than anyone else. Weird.

If she doesnt get knocked out and can make it to the second or third by putting up a fight being able to keep it on the feet i could see her getting anthor crack fairly quickly.

Remember nobody thought gus would even challenge jones but boom he shocked everyone.If she can avoid the grappling exchanges with good footwork i like her chances.

If she can keep the fight standing and at distannce she's got the advantage in this fight. Easier said then done, I think Holm will do well and make it interesting but eventually it should hit the ground.

If she doesnt get knocked out and can make it to the second or third by putting up a fight being able to keep it on the feet i could see her getting anthor crack fairly quickly.

Remember nobody thought gus would even challenge jones but boom he shocked everyone.If she can avoid the grappling exchanges with good footwork i like her chances.

the difference is that Gus actually punches people in the face.

making more than 100k is nothing to brag about? fuck off buddy.

Good. For someone with her credentials, she should. Especially going against a fighter who completely embarrasses her opponents.

making more than 100k is nothing to brag about? fuck off buddy.

Yes if your fighting a world title fight that is bullshit. Many fighters have come out and said that they were making 100k just with sponsorhip money before the reebok deal that aren't champions or title challengers ( including Tim Kennedy, Shaub)

Could be that they are just being honest. Could be they are trying to get Rousey to underestimate Holm. Could be both.

Regardless of all that, I'm really looking forward to this one because Holm and Cat are the only girls who, on a good day, have what it takes to give Ronda a fight.

Back