Holly Holms Manager: Holm Will Make More Than Rondas Past Opponents

"She will make more than any of Rouseys past opponents. I can tell you that she will be making more than Cat Zingano [made at UFC 184]. I can tell you that."

well... cat made 100,000 so not really anything to brag about.

The best part of the interview is when Holms manager admits that she wasn't ready and wanted another fight:

"Of course there was hesitation on my part [when the UFC offered us the fight]. I asked them for one more fight and they said

He is already setting up the excuses for Holm losing. BTFW, this manager was trying to get an immediate title shot 2 years ago.

YESS and in the midst of all this..... the fight gets bumped up by over 2 months. Holm will be ready shell be fine. Her grappling and jiu jitsu are probably both on point. :rolleyes:. This could be the fastest ronda finish yet.

They had to pay Holly a fuck load of money in order for Holly and her manager to agree to be thrown in a title fight WAAAAAY earlier than they wanted....and the fact that they also bumped the date up WAAAAAAY early so that Holly could even be less prepared than she was.

Its all about the money and keeping Ronda as champ with any sneaky tactic then can.

Could be that they are just being honest. Could be they are trying to get Rousey to underestimate Holm. Could be both.

Regardless of all that, I'm really looking forward to this one because Holm and Cat are the only girls who, on a good day, have what it takes to give Ronda a fight.

Cat has nothing for Ronda. She's primarily a grappler who takes too many risks.

I don't see Holm giving Ronda a fight either. She has a hard time even hitting the lower tier fighters she has been fighting.

making more than 100k is nothing to brag about? fuck off buddy.

Especially for less than 1 round of work. A lot of these girls fighting Ronda shouldn't even bother having a camp or training or paying coaches. Just show up and make weight, do the media obligations, get beat in 20 seconds, collect the paycheck.

They had to pay Holly a fuck load of money in order for Holly and her manager to agree to be thrown in a title fight WAAAAAY earlier than they wanted....and the fact that they also bumped the date up WAAAAAAY early so that Holly could even be less prepared than she was.

Its all about the money and keeping Ronda as champ with any sneaky tactic then can.

Before Holm was ever signed, her manager was trying hard to negotiate and immediate title shot. That was like 2 years ago. So they are not worried about being prepared, they are only worried about how much money they will make to take a beating. That was the premise from day one. He was trying to get 7 figures back then.

Lol dude, Holm has been fighting professionally for longer than Ronda. She's one of the most sheltered fighters in wmma and has been given more time to prep than any of the contenders. She's also 33 and time is ticking.

The hype on Holm is dying with each performance. They could have her stink up the octagon with another sparring session or they could throw her against another contender and have her lose. I think at this point they just want to add her name to Rouseys record already and move on.

Lol dude, Holm has been fighting professionally for longer than Ronda. She's one of the most sheltered fighters in wmma and has been given more time to prep than any of the contenders. She's also 33 and time is ticking.

The hype on Holm is dying with each performance. They could have her stink up the octagon with another sparring session or they could throw her against another contender and have her lose. I think at this point they just want to add her name to Rouseys record already and move on.

LOL Dude,keep on drinking the Ronda kool aide. You sound retarded hating on all female fighters except Ronda.

Cat has nothing for Ronda. She's primarily a grappler who takes too many risks.

I don't see Holm giving Ronda a fight either. She has a hard time even hitting the lower tier fighters she has been fighting.

Cat fought stupid and we all saw the result. But she is exceptionally strong and a top notch grinder as far as this division is concerned. I think that if a girl like Miesha, who isn't especially strong or athletic, can hang with Ronda for 2 rounds, Cat can too. And unlike Miesha, Cat has serious finishing ability.

I'm not going to bother defending Holm. You either see her qualities or you don't, and that's fine by me.

So, let me see if I got this right.

First they wanted an immediate title shot...

http://www.examiner.com/article/hol...-contract-and-title-shot-against-ronda-rousey

And then she wanted a "couple more fights"...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ight--ronda-rousey-ufc-bantamweight/12713095/

And now after a couple fights, they wanted another fight first?

Yah, I'm sorry but I'm all out of sympathy.

And considering she was making $25K+25K in her last fight against Reneau, I would hope she's making more than $100K + $30K Reebok challenger bonus. Zingano was only clearing $9k+$9K against Nunes in the fight prior to Rousey.

I don't care how much she got before. Its against ronda fucking rousey in the highest level of competition of mixed martial arts. Its a TITLE fight. It will probably break 1 mil ppvs. Making under 100k is absolutely ridiculous even though the norm has been way less. Im saying she deserves more even though she is going to get run over. If this breaks over 1 mil views they will instantly get a couple million dollar bonus regardless.

"She will make more than any of Rouseys past opponents. I can tell you that she will be making more than Cat Zingano [made at UFC 184]. I can tell you that."

well... cat made 100,000 so not really anything to brag about.

The best part of the interview is when Holms manager admits that she wasn't ready and wanted another fight:

"Of course there was hesitation on my part [when the UFC offered us the fight]. I asked them for one more fight and they said ‘No, this is the fight we would like you to take. We're under contract and they're our bosses."

:rolleyes:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/31/9232203/ufc-193-ronda-rousey-holly-holm-money-pay-fight-mma-news-interview-zingano-earn-manager

Anybody who isn't a Ronda nuthugger knew this is exactly what was happening. The UFC threw enough money at Holly and her manager and they could not resist even if it meant going in there unprepared.

Is Normal for UFC a.k.a. the Ronda hype machine.

Props for Holly taking the fight waaaaay to early AND on short notice.

The only noise she is making is a scream when Ronda gets that arm....

First round.

The only noise she is making is a scream when Ronda gets that arm....

First round.

Blah,blah,blah...all female fighters are shit except Ronda. We get it already.

HH was brought to the UFC to fight Ronda...She ain't ready is a cop-out....

She'll never be ready.

Might as well get that $$$ if you're going to get sacrificed.

HH was brought to the UFC to fight Ronda...She ain't ready is a cop-out....

She'll never be ready.

DISAGREE she needs more time to get acclimated, even confident. Her game is not well rounded at all, her transitions are weak. We'll see though, she probably has the best 'punchers chance' lol.

Money talks.

LOL Dude,keep on drinking the Ronda kool aide. You sound retarded hating on all female fighters except Ronda.

You don't have to drink any Ronda kool aid to come to the conclusion that she's the best fighter in the division and that Holm has looked unimpressive. All you need are eyes.

Seriously, stop predicting fights based on your emotional feelings towards fighters. It blinds you to what is fairly obvious to everyone else.

Cat fought stupid and we all saw the result. But she is exceptionally strong and a top notch grinder as far as this division is concerned. I think that if a girl like Miesha, who isn't especially strong or athletic, can hang with Ronda for 2 rounds, Cat can too. And unlike Miesha, Cat has serious finishing ability.

Tate and Nunes were both tooling Cat in the early goings of their fight. She had to survive and make a comeback. She can't put herself in those bad positions against a finisher like Ronda.

Cat fought stupid. And you should expect her to fight stupid again based on all her post fight comments. She has said she didn't watch any tape, didn't expect Ronda to go for her arm, and that she wouldn't do anything different.

Pretty much took this fight for the money she has no confidence in herself.

Back