Holly has been fighting Pro MMA longer than Rousey?

Yes since you are making the same broad statement twice I decided I was going to be

So I can only make a statement once?
Interesting....
I better start making some kind of list then.
Would be sad if I upset you more than once.

So I can only make a statement once?
Interesting....
I better start making some kind of list then.
Would be sad if I upset you more than once.

I'm upset? It seems like the guy who made the same identical broad statement about a fighter sounds like he is the one upset .all I said was I got it the first time you posted it. Doesn't need to be said every time this fight is mentioned

I'm upset? It seems like the guy who made the same identical broad statement about a fighter sounds like he is the one upset .all I said was I got it the first time you posted it. Doesn't need to be said every time this fight is mentioned

You seem very upset that I happen to say the same thing twice in two different threads.
It seems like you follow me around and takes notes or something.

So now 2 times is every time?

Why does it bother you that much?
Yes people did make several threads about how UFC was protecting Ronda from Holly.
Thats not a broad statement.

Now go follow someone else around and make sure to point out if they make a statement more than twice. We need you.

:rolleyes:

I am getting a Cro-Cop vs Wanderlei vibe from this matchup.

But seriously, Holm is big and strong and extremely disciplined in the ring.
I don't remember ever seeing her in serious danger of being taken down. Has she? That combined with her strength is what makes this fight much more interesting to me than any other fights Ronda has had so far.
And you better believe Holly will train very hard for this fight. Like Ronda, she is a top level athlete who knows how to push herself. And she has plenty of time. of course so does Ronda.

We'll see, I'm intrigued.

Btw all of the above also applies to a Holm Cyborg matchup. Watch her Jorina Baars fight. Pure speculation, but maybe they didnt want to give Cyborg to Holm at 135. There is a serious possibility she would pick her apart. As might Miesha btw, but Holly looks physically a hell of a lot stronger if you ask me. And that will make a big difference for both Ronda and Cyborg.

She was more focused on boxing until last year. So yes, she started fighting in mma in 2011, but it was a part time gig; testing the waters

I am getting a Cro-Cop vs Wanderlei vibe from this matchup.

But seriously, Holm is big and strong and extremely disciplined in the ring.
I don't remember ever seeing her in serious danger of being taken down. Has she? That combined with her strength is what makes this fight much more interesting to me than any other fights Ronda has had so far.
And you better believe Holly will train very hard for this fight. Like Ronda, she is a top level athlete who knows how to push herself. And she has plenty of time. of course so does Ronda.

We'll see, I'm intrigued.

Btw all of the above also applies to a Holm Cyborg matchup. Watch her Jorina Baars fight. Pure speculation, but maybe they didnt want to give Cyborg to Holm at 135. There is a serious possibility she would pick her apart. As might Miesha btw, but Holly looks physically a hell of a lot stronger if you ask me. And that will make a big difference for both Ronda and Cyborg.

taken down by who? Rocky Pennington or Reneau? not exactly worldbeaters there. Pennington is a tough girl but was outclassed in terms of size and skill...Reneau is a 38 year old PE teacher. neither of them are near the caliber of athlete that Ronda is.

Pennington was able to clinch with Holm on at least 4 occasions during their fight and actually landed more total strikes than Holm. if someone like Raquel Pennington can touch Holm, Ronda certainly will be able to. somehow I doubt somebody tall like Holm with a base in boxing/kickboxing is going to be able to prevent Ronda from tossing her on her head.

i've been playing basketball longer than lebron....how is that relevant you might ask?
i have about as good of a chance of beating lebron as holm has of beating ronda

Only the sherdog idiots are saying anything of the sort.

Holm is the best fighter Ronda has fought and that is a fact.

If Ronda beats here great but to act like Holly Holm is worse then Zingano is just laughable.

Holly Holm was beating woman up before Zingano even knew what WMMA was. She was beating woman up before Tate got those breast implants and had her ass kicked by Ronda twice.

Holm for sure was beating woman up before that woman with 3 years of training got a title shot.

The fact people even try to hate on Holm and this fight is the single most laughable thing Sherdog has done this year.

You have the best striker in WMMA history against the best grappler in WMMA history and people are bitching and want some mediocre wrestler who cant punch and had her armed ripped of instead.

Bunch of fucking idiots.

the irony is that the mediocre wrestler that can't punch actually lands more punches than Holm does in her fights.

you'd think an elite boxer would actually try to touch someone with their knuckles.

shadowboxing in front of Ronda won't win Holm the belt.

All that and...

-She went to a split decision with Raquel fucking Pennington

-Couldn't do anything of significance standing with a petrified F-level grappler who couldn't take her down with the exception of verbally assaulting her

HASH
Y'AEHSH
AASCH
AXE

Another sparkling case of material + executable skills > resume when it comes to dominance.

Holly's no more a threat than Correia. All those boxing credentials and she'll get knocked out too.

Thats why rousey is fighting her now because shes no threat I do hope
Holly wins tho.

And she has been in fight sports for about as long as Ronda has been doing Judo.

3 less pro MMA fight, 40 or so more boxing matches- so while Ronda has been working on her striking for the last 4 or so years, Holly has been working on her grappling.

Jackson-Winklejohn train also.

It is a miss match but people should stop acting like Holly is just some James Toney vs Randy type fight.

Holm is currently 33, and will be 34 by the time she fights Rousey, who's over 5 years younger. Holm's last boxing fight was May of 2013, meaning she probably wasn't training MMA full-time until afterwards. On top of all of that, being that Holm is on the wrong side of 30, she's getting further and further away from her athletic prime, which will make it a little more difficult to pick up the skills she needs to round out her MMA game. The two fights Holm had in 2011 don't mean a whole lot when you put it into context.

Rousey has been solely focused on doing MMA since 2010 to improve her striking, and BJJ. So Rousey is not only younger, and still in her prime, she also put an extra 3 years of work into her MMA game compared than Holm. I don't know about you, but this fight doesn't look even to me.

All that and...

-She went to a split decision with Raquel fucking Pennington

-Couldn't do anything of significance standing with a petrified F-level grappler who couldn't take her down with the exception of verbally assaulting her

HASH
Y'AEHSH
AASCH
AXE

Another sparkling case of material + executable skills > resume when it comes to dominance.

Holly's no more a threat than Correia. All those boxing credentials and she'll get knocked out too.

Sadly this^ but ...

I don't think that it is out of the realm of possibilities that we will see a much improved Holly Holm. I would like to believe that both Holly and her Team realizes that she has NO CHANCE without some major improvements in her approach and game plan.

giphy.gif

Don't listen to the haters and trolls. Holly is more decorated in combat sports than Rousey and has been training MMA longer. They can't handle the fact that Ronda is just that good.

Shertrolls consider athletes with this combat resume and undefeated in MMA cans.

WBF Female World Light Welterweight Championship

WBF Female World Welterweight Championship

2012 Female Fighter of the Year

2012 Female Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis on June 15

WBAN World Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Middleweight Championship

2012 Biggest Comeback of the Year

2011 Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis

2010 Fighter of the Year

2009 Most Accomplished of the Year

2008 Highest Achievements of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year

2007 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2006 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2005 Hottest Rising Star of the Year

2005 Upset of the Year vs. Christy Martin on September 16

WBC Female World Welterweight Championship

NABF Female Light Welterweight Championship

GBU World Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Light Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Light Middleweight Championship

2006 Fighter of the Year

WBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Light Welterweight Championship

AwakeningFighters.com
2012 AOCA / Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award

BadLeftHook.com
2012 Female Comeback Fighter of the Year

The Ring
2006 Female Fighter of the Year
2005 Female Fighter of the Year

New Mexico Boxing
2013 Hall of Fame Inductee
2010 Fighter of the Year
2009 Fighter of the Year
2008 Fighter of the Year
2007 Fighter of the Year
2006 Fighter of the Year
2005 Fighter of the Year

Albuquerque Sports Hall of Fame
2005 Female Athlete of the Year

Yet her grappling is clearly suspect and she hasn't faced anyone with half decent takedowns in her whole career. The UFC knows this and that's why they made the fight.

Back