Holly has been fighting Pro MMA longer than Rousey?

Jarnee

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
And she has been in fight sports for about as long as Ronda has been doing Judo.

3 less pro MMA fight, 40 or so more boxing matches- so while Ronda has been working on her striking for the last 4 or so years, Holly has been working on her grappling.

Jackson-Winklejohn train also.

It is a miss match but people should stop acting like Holly is just some James Toney vs Randy type fight.

I'm just eager to see how Ronda handles a volume kicker

Just scared Ronda will Tap cos of all the noise Holm makes when shadow boxing.

All that and...

-She went to a split decision with Raquel fucking Pennington

-Couldn't do anything of significance standing with a petrified F-level grappler who couldn't take her down with the exception of verbally assaulting her

HASH
Y'AEHSH
AASCH
AXE

Another sparkling case of material + executable skills > resume when it comes to dominance.

Holly's no more a threat than Correia. All those boxing credentials and she'll get knocked out too.

All that and...

-She went to a split decision with Raquel fucking Pennington

-Couldn't do anything to a petrified F-level grappler who couldn't take her down with the exception of verbally assaulting her

HASH
Y'AEHSH
AASCH
AXE

Another sparkling case of material + executable skills > resume

None of this means Ronda won't run face first into a front kick

I am training to remember who you are quoting from yesterday.

I'm just eager to see how Ronda handles a volume kicker

She'll probably catch a kick and take her down. Over from there.

Holm will have to stick to her hands, which shouldn't be so bad, if she wants to stay standing, I think.

None of this means Ronda won't run face first into a front kick

You can substitute your statement with anything and change the subject of it:

"None of this means Holly won't (...)" - it adds nothing to the discussion.

I'm invoking nothing more than history to demonstrate a probability of habits.

Appealing to history to gauge probability adds nothing to a discussion

-Emjay

Machida vs Shogun 1 played out exactly like Machida Shogun 2, right?

And she has been in fight sports for about as long as Ronda has been doing Judo.

3 less pro MMA fight, 40 or so more boxing matches- so while Ronda has been working on her striking for the last 4 or so years, Holly has been working on her grappling.

Jackson-Winklejohn train also.

It is a miss match but people should stop acting like Holly is just some James Toney vs Randy type fight.

The point is Holly fought absolute cans before the UFC and when she did get to the UFC she didn't look good taking on lower level competitions, Rocky is the best opponent by far she ever faced and she didn't looked good almost lost.

Holly also has no ground time in MMA at all she'll be like a fish out of water once she gets there. She can train with the best coaches in the world doesn't mean anything until you get in there with Ronda.

She's not a finisher either, what are the chances she stick and move for 5 rounds against Ronda and not going to the ground once.

Machida vs Shogun 1 played out exactly like Machida Shogun 2, right?

Fighter A vs Fighter B is being discussed.

A thread serves as an avenue to discuss the outcome.

What seems more reasonable to you?

1. Saying, as you did, Fighter A can run into anything so xyz about Fighter B means nothing

and/or

Saying, as you did, Fighter B can run into anything so abc about Fighter A means nothing

2. Finding at least some sort of pivot point that appeals to the fighters' overwhelming habits and body of work

If you select #1, then why insert yourself into a discussion about predictions? All you're doing is vacating every variable just because anything can happen.

Well, I guess if anything can happen, no one ought to ever discuss predictions again.

The same thing that caused her to almost lose against rocky, is imo the only way she can beat ronda. She has to stick and move and move backward the entire time avoiding the clinch. Carlos Condit game plan against diaz. Funny thing is, if she pulls it off she will likely get praised for it because everyone just wants to see ronda lose:)

giphy.gif

Don't listen to the haters and trolls. Holly is more decorated in combat sports than Rousey and has been training MMA longer. They can't handle the fact that Ronda is just that good.

Shertrolls consider athletes with this combat resume and undefeated in MMA cans.

WBF Female World Light Welterweight Championship

WBF Female World Welterweight Championship

2012 Female Fighter of the Year

2012 Female Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis on June 15

WBAN World Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Welterweight Championship

WBAN World Junior Middleweight Championship

2012 Biggest Comeback of the Year

2011 Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis

2010 Fighter of the Year

2009 Most Accomplished of the Year

2008 Highest Achievements of the Year

2007 Fighter of the Year

2007 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2006 Most Improved Boxer of the Year

2005 Hottest Rising Star of the Year

2005 Upset of the Year vs. Christy Martin on September 16

WBC Female World Welterweight Championship

NABF Female Light Welterweight Championship

GBU World Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Light Welterweight Championship

WIBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Welterweight Championship

IFBA World Light Middleweight Championship

2006 Fighter of the Year

WBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Welterweight Championship

IBA Female World Light Welterweight Championship

AwakeningFighters.com
2012 AOCA / Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award

BadLeftHook.com
2012 Female Comeback Fighter of the Year

The Ring
2006 Female Fighter of the Year
2005 Female Fighter of the Year

New Mexico Boxing
2013 Hall of Fame Inductee
2010 Fighter of the Year
2009 Fighter of the Year
2008 Fighter of the Year
2007 Fighter of the Year
2006 Fighter of the Year
2005 Fighter of the Year

Albuquerque Sports Hall of Fame
2005 Female Athlete of the Year

Fighter A vs Fighter B is being discussed.

A thread serves as an avenue to discuss the outcome.

What seems more reasonable to you?

1. Saying, as you did, Fighter A can run into anything so xyz about Fighter B means nothing

and/or

Saying, as you did, Fighter B can run into anything so abc about Fighter A means nothing

2. Finding at least some sort of pivot point that appeals to the fighters' overwhelming habits and body of work

If you select #1, then why insert yourself into a discussion about predictions? All you're doing is vacating every variable just because anything can happen.

Well, I guess if anything can happen, no one ought to ever discuss predictions again.

Amanda Nunes should have got the shot, not Holm.

Oh wait, Nunes lost to Cat Zingano, who lost to Rousey in record time.

That means Ronda beats Nunes in half that time?

Profit?

Opening bell sounds, Ronda will run through some punches, clinch, toss, and...

IT'S ALLLLLL OVER!

She'll probably catch a kick and take her down. Over from there.

Holm will have to stick to her hands, which shouldn't be so bad, if she wants to stay standing, I think.

More likely she will the kick with her face, or bull rush in. This fight isn't going to last long.

Amanda Nunes should have got the shot, not Holm.

Oh wait, Nunes lost to Cat Zingano, who lost to Rousey in record time.

That means Ronda beats Nunes in half that time?

Profit?

That has literally nothing to do with what I said.

Try something other than a strawman argument or show me how that represented my point. Go on.

For the record, I agree with you on the rankings mean nothing saying when it comes to competitiveness in a match-up. That mutual belief of ours doesn't contradict anything I wrote.

That has literally nothing to do with what I said.

Try something other than a strawman argument or show me how that represented my point. Go on.

For the record, I agree with you on the rankings mean nothing saying when it comes to competitiveness in a match-up. That mutual belief of ours doesn't contradict anything I wrote.

Right it had nothing to do with what you said, but it makes about as much sense as what you said.

Just because Holm won a split against Pennington doesn't mean she can't beat Rousey.

So don't use the Pennington fight as some excuse to bash Holm's chances. Use better logic than Sherlogic.

Back