Holloway vs Oliveria 2?

DetectiveBound

Orange Belt
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...explains-injury-hopes-for-rematch-against-max

He wants to fight him again because he believes - and I kind of agree - that he didn't really get to fight him the first time due to an injury. This kind of thing happens and though it was a freak accident, if he wants a second crack I say Max should agree to it.

Crazier rematches happened, this one at least would be good to watch if Oliveria heals up.

will occur eventually. was kinda annoyed how Max celebrated last night like he did anything. but still very much interest in this fight.

They should fight again, it's a great match-up. People can't be that confident in Max' abilities, if they are adamantly against a rematch. How can anyone say "Oh, well, I think Max was winning", when they fought for a couple of minutes? Ridiculous.

I had Holloway winning, but i'd still like to see it again.

I have no problem with it. No one should.

Why would Holloway sit around and wait for Oliveira to heal up when he sustained no damage in the fight and is ready for another, bigger fight asap? Talk about a momentum killer.

Why would Holloway sit around and wait for Oliveira to heal up when he sustained no damage in the fight and is ready for another, bigger fight asap? Talk about a momentum killer.

After all that talk about "giving it up for Charles", I'd imagine he wants to look humble and I'd say he should wait.

Though I think Max would have won anyway, I think the fight was way way too early for him to even think about celebrating like he did - need a rematch or a fight with Frankie then a rematch.

I'm pretty sure the last thing on Oliveria's mind is a rematch. Let him get better before we even think about this!!

I'm pretty sure the last thing on Oliveria's mind is a rematch. Let him get better before we even think about this!!
He's already asking for a rematch, so I think it is on his mind. I agree, though, he needs to focus on making his recovery.

After all that talk about "giving it up for Charles", I'd imagine he wants to look humble and I'd say he should wait.

Though I think Max would have won anyway, I think the fight was way way too early for him to even think about celebrating like he did - need a rematch or a fight with Frankie then a rematch.

If Holloway loses to Edgar, which I believe is the correct fight to make right now, then sure, they should definitely book that rematch. Otherwise, I think it is pointless to derail Holloway's momentum right now when he can easily fight again this year.

he needs to focus on making his recovery.
This x100

Guy leaves on a stretcher and people are telling Max to basically stall his streak to wait for him to recover (Max needs to fight again in November/December and Charles needs to recover).

will occur eventually. was kinda annoyed how Max celebrated last night like he did anything. but still very much interest in this fight.

These guys make twice as much with a win. How is that not a reason to celebrate?

If Holloway loses to Edgar, which I believe is the correct fight to make right now, then sure, they should definitely book that rematch. Otherwise, I think it is pointless to derail Holloway's momentum right now when he can easily fight again this year.

Frankie is fighting Jeremy Stephens.

It's a great matchup and I would like to see them rematch. But, I also think it's stupid if people expect Max to sit around waiting for Charles to recover. If he's ready to fight, he should.

Considering how much the ufc loves rematches I would be surprised if it didn't happen at some point.

That fight showed me that a rematch is pretty much a lock on Max winning via strikes in the second or third round. Holloway was landing pretty much everything he wanted and he wasn't even fully loosened up when the freak injury occurred.

Back