Media Holloway: "I don't want to kick a man when he's down (Conor) but...

hbombfromhell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/2/...deo-max-holloway-conor-mcgregor-fight-rematch

“I’m not here to kick a man while he’s down, but I think that fight with me and Conor is on a very short list with the UFC,” Holloway told Brendan Schaub in an episode of Food Truck Diaries (via Middle Easy). “If he was to win the fight (with Poirier) I think it would have been a little bit different, a little bit greater. I think that fight would have happened, but we’ve got nothing but time.”

What do you think? Max has never been dropped and he has cardio for years, coupled with savage boxing.

How does this fight play out in 2021 in a 5 rounder?

Max would brutalize that dude and the fight would actually go 4-5 rounds of punishment to add insult to injury.

Conor fought Max when he was only 21 years old.

Max rips him apart with footwork and kicks. Body punches until he folds up

Maybe. Poirier hurt Max early in their fight, and McGregor hits harder than Poirier does. Max also isn’t a great kicker, to the extent that people believe that Conor will never adapt to the leg kicks. Certainly it’s easy to picture Max coming on strong in the middle rounds and busting CM up until he folds. But that could change if he starts slow and Conor cracks him a few times.

Personally I think it’s a really interesting fight.

Anybody who remembers how shook Conor was when Max rolled by on his skateboard just a few hours after putting on a masterpiece against Kattar, knows exactly how this fight would go

Maybe. Poirier hurt Max early in their fight, and McGregor hits harder than Poirier does. Max also isn’t a great kicker, to the extent that people believe that Conor will never adapt to the leg kicks. Certainly it’s easy to picture Max coming on strong in the middle rounds and busting CM up until he folds. But that could change if he starts slow and Conor cracks him a few times.

Personally I think it’s a really interesting fight.

Holloway survived multiple barrages from Poirier.

Conor got put out cold.

Max can absord the damage, and he'd drown Conor late.

For me it would be the interesting tension between McGregor ability to swing with calf-kick impunity and Max's damn good footwork and seemingly impervious chin.

What would give first?

(Probably Conor's gas tank—but I'd definitely pay to see.)

That's a matchup I'd pay to see a strike fest with Mcgregor hopefully getting TKO'd in he 5th :)

Umm how is that kicking a man when he's down? Is Max Holloway referring to himself as a scrub or what lol

I wondered the exact same thing at first. I think he was suggesting that calling someone out is a way of suggesting they are overrated, and effectively he was calling Conor out. Definitely a very soft way of "kicking him while he's down"

Gun to my head in a 5 rounder Max wins..
giphy.gif

Back