Holloway Fight: Conor tears ACL and then says "I feel great!"

Of course you can work through it but to say it's painless is asinine. I've seen people drop in agony as if shot from a popped cruciate ligament. Especially if it's torn @ the base where it attaches. My Left one didn't bother me, my right one was absolute misery.

the pain you felt was not from the ligaments themselves; that's why I said IF YOU SCREAM IN PAIN IT'S NOT THE LIGAMENTS THEMSELVES YOU ARE FEELING.

Knee injuries can be excruciating but it's not due to the ligament damage itself. Sometimes a person hurts their knee and is in excruciating pain that no one can deal with, other times they only feel instability in their knee.

Ok guy :rolleyes:

The guy who mentioned the cause of pain is right. The ligament itself isn't the cause.

"The anterior cruciate ligament itself has no pain receptors. But the movement that causes the ligament to tear often causes damage to other parts of the knee that do have pain receptors. Some people are unable to walk. Others may feel they can play through the injury. Your knee often feels as though it will give way or easily bend backward."

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-Conditions/Anterior-Cruciate-Ligament-ACL-Injuries.aspx

Semper Fi, I also tore mine in the Marines, in boot camp though, I didn't feel any pain when it happened.

See guys, this is a personal testimonial. I've seen more than one person who said the same, they didn't even know they had a major injury until it was examined. It just felt "weird" or unstable. A pure injury to ligaments doesn't hurt very much.

466619_o.gif

Look:

"The ACL receives nerve fibers from the posterior articular branches of the tibial nerve. [3] These fibers penetrate the posterior joint capsule and run along with the synovial and periligamentous vessels surrounding the ligament to reach as far anterior to the infrapatellar fat pad. [3] Most of the fibers are associated with the endoligamentous vasculature and have a vasomotor function. The receptors of the nerve fibers mentioned are as follows:

All about your mind, probably just trying to trick himself into thinking he is fine rather then worrying it is the worst.

Hate the guy all you want he knows the mind games side of things and he can't show any weakness and he made sure not to.

And boom:

"What are the symptoms of a cruciate ligament injury?
Often, a cruciate ligament injury does not cause pain. Instead, the person may hear a popping sound as the injury occurs, followed by the leg buckling when trying to stand on it, and swelling. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently.

The symptoms of a cruciate ligament injury may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your physician for a diagnosis.

How are collateral ligaments injured?
The medial collateral ligament is injured more often than the lateral collateral ligament. Stretch and tear injuries to the collateral ligaments are usually caused by a blow to the outer side of the knee, such as when playing hockey or football."

http://www.nationalsportsmed.com/knee.html

Yeah Yeah Yeah :cool:

The guy who mentioned the cause of pain is right. The ligament itself isn't the cause.

"The anterior cruciate ligament itself has no pain receptors. But the movement that causes the ligament to tear often causes damage to other parts of the knee that do have pain receptors. Some people are unable to walk. Others may feel they can play through the injury. Your knee often feels as though it will give way or easily bend backward."

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-Conditions/Anterior-Cruciate-Ligament-ACL-Injuries.aspx

And boom:

"What are the symptoms of a cruciate ligament injury?
[B]Often, a cruciate ligament injury does not cause pain[/B]. Instead, the person may hear a popping sound as the injury occurs, followed by the leg buckling when trying to stand on it, and swelling. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently.

The symptoms of a cruciate ligament injury may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your physician for a diagnosis.

How are collateral ligaments injured?
The medial collateral ligament is injured more often than the lateral collateral ligament. Stretch and tear injuries to the collateral ligaments are usually caused by a blow to the outer side of the knee, such as when playing hockey or football."

http://www.nationalsportsmed.com/knee.html

Yeah Yeah Yeah :cool:
I'm just rubbing it in at this point but WTH not :icon_lol:

Last edited:
the pain you felt was not from the ligaments themselves; that's why I said IF YOU SCREAM IN PAIN IT'S NOT THE LIGAMENTS THEMSELVES YOU ARE FEELING.

Knee injuries can be excruciating but it's not due to the ligament damage itself. Sometimes a person hurts their knee and is in excruciating pain that no one can deal with, other times they only feel instability in their knee.

Semantics.

Semantics.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what semantics mean. Sometimes you tear your ACL and it doesn't hurt at all some times you tear your ACL and are in excruciating pain. It'd be semantics if everytime you tear your ACL you have to be in excruciating pain and I was arguing about the cause; but that is very far from the case.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what semantics mean. Sometimes you tear your ACL and it doesn't hurt at all some times you tear your ACL and are in excruciating pain.

I do know what semantics mean.

I didn't say it doesn't hurt. I didn't say it does hurt. All I said was semantics.

tell that to condit

when did I say that knee injuries are never excruciating painful? Oh yeah I said that many knee injuries are excruciatingly painful while others are not painful.

It's not the ligament damage Condit was feeling. You do realize that not all injuries are the same right? Condit was feeling pain from other parts of his knee that were also injured not the ligaments. Obviously Conor had the non or less painful type of the injury.

Last edited:
Back