Holloway Fight: Conor tears ACL and then says "I feel great!"

SherdogJoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I re-watched the Conor/Holloway fight. I remembered chuckling the first time I saw this fight because in between rounds 2 and 3 John Kavanagh offers some water to Conor and Conor says "Ehh a little bit, I feel great!".

I didn't realize though that this was right after he tore his ACL late in the second round.

I find it interesting that he knew he hurt himself (He said before that he felt the pop and let out a little scream, plus he said he intentionally took it to the ground in the third due to this injury) and was in pain but still didn't mention it at all in between rounds and instead just said "I feel great!"

I would've thought he maybe didn't feel the pain due to the adrenaline but he said he felt it and then altered his plan. I find his complete lack of care between rounds to be humorous. But hey, he is the GOAT.

Attachments

• Conor Water.jpg
    Conor Water.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
tearing the ligaments in your knee doesn't really hurt on it's own. They are very poorly innervated, if someone hurts their knee and screams in pain it's because they also hurt something else. If you only hurt the ligament you just feel instability.

I re-watched the Conor/Holloway fight. I remembered chuckling the first time I saw this fight because in between rounds 2 and 3 John Kavanagh offers some water to Conor and Conor says "Ehh a little bit, I feel great!".

I didn't realize though that this was right after he tore his ACL late in the second round.

I find it interesting that he knew he hurt himself (He said before that he felt the pop and let out a little scream, plus he said he intentionally took it to the ground in the third due to this injury) and was in pain but still didn't mention it at all in between rounds and instead just said "I feel great!"

I would've thought he maybe didn't feel the pain due to the adrenaline but he said he felt it and then altered his plan. I find his complete lack of care between rounds to be humorous. But hey, he is the GOAT.

Show no weakness.

He didn't feel just how wobbly it was until he was standing up in the third I imagine.

tearing the ligaments in your knee doesn't really hurt on it's own. They are very poorly innervated, if someone hurts their knee and screams in pain it's because they also hurt something else. If you only hurt the ligament you just feel instability.

Sooooooo false haha

geez talk about being down on your knees...im pretty sure TS would eat the corn outta conor's shit.

lmao stfu !

Didn't Holloway also get injured in this fight? More to the point - who gives a shit?

Conor might've wanted to hide his injury from his opponent/cornermen who could be watching the live telecast (or receiving calls). So its a good idea to speak quietly in the ear when talking about injuries or doing the chest beat like Laimon.

vM9GB3.gif

You can still feel physically great after a torn ACL. Mine popped and snapped and I kept working out through it (thinking I just had some rusty knees cuz I'm older). But then I realized I had wobbly leg and it just lacked full stability when I did certain motions.

So him "feeling great" after the ACL tear was simply because they usually dont hurt. Now, the inflamation that occurs afterward can hurt a bit. But overall it's one of the less painful experiences.

I don't need to look up something I've experienced.

the pain you felt was not from the ligaments themselves; that's why I said IF YOU SCREAM IN PAIN IT'S NOT THE LIGAMENTS THEMSELVES YOU ARE FEELING.

Knee injuries can be excruciating but it's not due to the ligament damage itself. Sometimes a person hurts their knee and is in excruciating pain that no one can deal with, other times they only feel instability in their knee.

Maybe he does feel great.

I mean, he ain't even gassing or anything... he looked like he feel great.

the pain you felt was not from the ligaments themselves; that's why I said IF YOU SCREAM IN PAIN IT'S NOT THE LIGAMENTS THEMSELVES YOU ARE FEELING.

Knee injuries can be excruciating but it's not due to the ligament damage itself. Sometimes a person hurts their knee and is in excruciating pain that no one can deal with, other times they only feel instability in their knee.

Ever been kneecapped now thats some pain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back