Highest TD accuracy amongst fighters with 100+ TD attempts

INA4 @Clementine
Where you @Sixstring
L☻L !

Nice Thread TS !
Thank you!
<{1-7}>
deutsch-kurzhaar.jpeg

The crazy thing is GSP probably has one of the highest successful TDD % per however many times someone tried to take him down.

The amazing thing with that stat is that GSP wasn’t a wrestler. Or at least didn’t begin his martial arts career as a wrestler.

That’s a real testament to his dedication, attention to detail, and willingness to work on weaknesses.

What's even crazier is the list of wrestlers and guys with strong TDD GSP went through and still have the best stat:

Hughes 3x, Koscheck 2x, BJ Penn 2x, Fitch, Sherk, Alves, Karo Parisyan, Hendricks, Trigg

Last edited:
I didn't pretend otherwise - many stats are deceptive, yet regardless of who is (or was) actually the best wrestler in the UFC, it helps to give context and is interesting, in my opinion.

Nobody is doubting Khabib’s control or takedown ability.

it’s just not on the level of GSP’s double leg (which takes less effort to complete)
If Khabib could take people down like GSP he would be doing it like GSP but his timing and striking to set up easy shots isn’t as good which is why his percentage as high.

Agreed, but I wasn't intending to make a direct comparison to GSP because they have totally different grappling styles. Just musing specifically about Khabib.

Should've been a bit clearer I guess.

Kind of a deceptive stat because Khabib would shoot garbage shots just to make contact or as feints to confuse his opponent.

He's arguably the best in terms of maintaining control over an opponent.
{<jordan} Hilarious excuse, some of the funniest shit I've heard this week!

More TDs just means the guy is getting up more. Why couldn't GSP keep people on the ground?

The amazing thing with that stat is that GSP wasn’t a wrestler. Or at least didn’t begin his martial arts career as a wrestler.

That’s a real testament to his dedication, attention to detail, and willingness to work on weaknesses.
The crazier part is that he managed to get those numbers facing a slew of high level wrestlers throughout his career; Hughes, Fitch, Kos, Hendricks, Shields, Trigg and Sherk. Crazy.

Demetrious Johnson would fake knee taps into striking exchanges. They would add up to his takedown "attempts", hence why lower TD accuracy. He is more advanced when it comes to mixing arts than anybody else.

DJ would score 74 takedowns in 18 UFC fights. GSP 90 in 22. DJ's TD-to-fights ratio still better.
Oh shiiiit end thread

Back