Hidden Gems

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What games across PC/PS4/Xbox One/Wiiu/PS3/360/Wii etc do you consider to be hidden gems, or at the very lease underrated/under appreciated?

I'll start with a few

360_shadowsofthedamned_final.png

-Pretty sure same developer that made Killer is Dead among other titles. But this game is a fun 3rd person horror shooter with good combat, good humor, and awesome weapons/enemies and environments.

61Fh7bbXjPL.jpg

-Old school style FPS, again great humor, amazing guns/gameplay IMO

81VZ%2BPoUpAL._SY606_.jpg

Very cool multiplayer in this game, great single player with unique and fun weapon's, a lot like Wolfenstein 2009 and Bioshock. Underrated IMO.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm sure I'll get ripped for this one, but i really enjoyed this one. Never have i been put back into my childhood so well in a video game. Very emotional story, unique experience IMO.

What about you?

(I will be posting more as i think of them)

If you liked Diablo II or PoE, Grim Dawn is an excellent game being developed by ex Titan Quest. It's currently content complete, before release they are updating some Act1 and 2 cosmetics. It already has an expansion planned. Certain choices you make matter, if you kill a guy he might not turn up later in another town where he sells rare items, or if you take the wrong side in an argument between 2 groups you run across in a forest you might miss out on some quests. Got crafting and all that for the people interested in that stuff, 2 end game roguelike dungeons to run for high level gear, if you die you can't get back down that session. Guns are a thing in this since It's post apocalyptic victorian era. It's pretty sweet game I've been playing it a fair bit.

tbgaXgJ.jpg

Culdcept Saga for Xbox 360 - Mixes the deck building of a traditional trading card game with the board movements and taxation system of Monopoly. One difference though instead of paying for rent, you can opt to takeover another player's land through combat. Very satisfying to play, test out new decks and open new booster packs. Unfortunately the game isn't very common in the US and used copies are actually appreciating in price.

cover_orig.jpg

A few months back Japan announced a new Culdcept game for 3DS. Hopefully it reaches the states.

Gameplay video says it all. Korean game but I believe It's planned to be released in English as well

Alpha Protocol, if you like the idea of spy / agent RPG. Great game, many locations (I always love games that have multiple countries as playable places). Obsidian wrote and made this so it has been well written. But there are problems, as usual with Obsidian games... Its buggy, not very stable game engine and animation is not very good in my opinion. Shooting was meh. But definitely worth the try if the espinoage RPG idea gets you going.

maxresdefault.jpg

Expeditions: Conquistador. Spanish explorers and soldiers go to South American in 16th century. You need to take care of your troops, feed them, have interesting missions, you can also sometimes do missions without the bloodshed by talking. Interesting and well done RPG game. Turn-based battle system, but quite hard at some places in my opinion. They will also do Expeditions: Viking game next! Should be great.

368697_20130513_00023_medium.jpg

Alice: Madness Returns. I have always loved disturbing games and this sure is one. I simply love the world that they have created, really unique level design. Fantastic game all around, but takes a lot from your PC if you play with computer, not a great port. Probably the best hair physics ever in this game. Shame that the first Alice game is not on steam...

alice_madness_returns_chapter_v_by_tydyshpysh-d4kx03r.jpg

Loved SotD. Your "partner" really makes the game.

I mention this game in pretty much every thread like this... Spec Ops: The Line.

S2: Silent Storm. Fantastic game, never met anyone who's played it in real life unless I gifted them the game.
Cryostasis. It's a fucking crime this is not currently available to buy anywhere.

Alpha Protocol, if you like the idea of spy / agent RPG. Great game, many locations (I always love games that have multiple countries as playable places). Obsidian wrote and made this so it has been well written. But there are problems, as usual with Obsidian games... Its buggy, not very stable game engine and animation is not very good in my opinion. Shooting was meh. But definitely worth the try if the espinoage RPG idea gets you going.

maxresdefault.jpg

Expeditions: Conquistador. Spanish explorers and soldiers go to South American in 16th century. You need to take care of your troops, feed them, have interesting missions, you can also sometimes do missions without the bloodshed by talking. Interesting and well done RPG game. Turn-based battle system, but quite hard at some places in my opinion. They will also do Expeditions: Viking game next! Should be great.

368697_20130513_00023_medium.jpg

Alice: Madness Returns. I have always loved disturbing games and this sure is one. I simply love the world that they have created, really unique level design. Fantastic game all around, but takes a lot from your PC if you play with computer, not a great port. Probably the best hair physics ever in this game. Shame that the first Alice game is not on steam...

alice_madness_returns_chapter_v_by_tydyshpysh-d4kx03r.jpg

I liked Alpha Protocol despite its obvious issues. Its a unique game worth a look i agree.

Dude, i fucking loved this game. Have never been able to find a good used copy of it for a long time though, like with the actual case. I would replay it again for sure. Some great battles in that game.

Recently for me it was Akiba's Trip for PS4 when I got mine a year ago. Very funny and goofy, great if you like anime.

With SOTD, Singularity, Alpha Protocol, Spec Ops: The Line and other already mentioned

DragonsDogma.jpg

Official_Saboteur_Game_Cover_Art.JPG

Enslaved_Odyssey_to_the_West.jpg

Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg

Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg

And maybe Sleeping Dogs?

Sleeping_Dogs_-_Square_Enix_video_game_cover.jpg

And about Gone Home

tumblr_m42zy5M2qH1rvx3dyo1_500.gif

and hidden lol, its easily one of the games with more unjustified praise ever.

Last edited:
With SOTD, Singularity, Alpha Protocol, Spec Ops: The Line and other already mention

DragonsDogma.jpg

Official_Saboteur_Game_Cover_Art.JPG

Enslaved_Odyssey_to_the_West.jpg

Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg

Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg

And maybe Sleeping Dogs?

Sleeping_Dogs_-_Square_Enix_video_game_cover.jpg

And about Gone Home

tumblr_m42zy5M2qH1rvx3dyo1_500.gif

and hidden lol, its easily one of the games with more unjustified praise ever.

Enslaved, Sleeping Dogs and The Saboteur are great.

And yeah but i think for people who only play on console its an easy game to miss.

Loved SotD. Your "partner" really makes the game.

I mention this game in pretty much every thread like this... Spec Ops: The Line.
Was really surprised at how good that game was
Saw it at the game store everytime I went but never picked it up cause the title sounded boring
Finally picked it up in the used games section for like 6 bucks cause a few people on Sherdog(maybe you) were talking about how good it was
Great decision on my part cause damn that game was awesome

Culdcept Saga for Xbox 360 - Mixes the deck building of a traditional trading card game with the board movements and taxation system of Monopoly. One difference though instead of paying for rent, you can opt to takeover another player's land through combat. Very satisfying to play, test out new decks and open new booster packs. Unfortunately the game isn't very common in the US and used copies are actually appreciating in price.

cover_orig.jpg

A few months back Japan announced a new Culdcept game for 3DS. Hopefully it reaches the states.

This. Although Culdcept for the Ps2 was the best one released. Saga was good too. Just a notch down.

Love that you linked a Jasoya video though. He is one of the premier deckbuilders in Culdcept. He posts a lot of decks at culdcept central, and combos

header.jpg

^ no joke I ended up enjoying this shit

Honestly this was one of the best shooters I have ever played. This intro was awesome.

Back