Heres a good video of how creepy muslim marriage to kids are

It happens a lot in the non-Muslim parts of India too doesn't it?

And historically it was extremely common in many parts of the world, including Europe.

I think people should think twice before labelling it as specifically a Muslim problem.

In generally, poverty = people do shitty things.
Turkey and Kazakhstan are Muslim majority/heritage countries and women are treated fairly well in those areas because people have relatively high living standards (2nd world level).

Maybe he could start a school - let's call it a Residential School - where he could educate the savages on the proper way of conducting themselves. Only when people like him take an active role will the barbarians be made to think right. And why stop at marriage? I'm sure there are all sorts of right ways of doing things he can teach them... He just needs to correct their backwards culture. I can't believe no-one ever thought of this before - amirite?

The point is that western bigotry is way worse than Islamic savagery.

And historically it was extremely common in many parts of the world, including Europe.

I think people should think twice before labelling it as specifically a Muslim problem.

Maybe they will once Muslims come out of the Middle Ages and join the rest of us in the modern world.

The beheadings were supposed to turn people off, the rape of women as they enter other countries was supposed to turn people off.
The rape of boys by Muslim soldiers was supposed to be a turn off.
Everyone already knows their views in religious freedom and gay right.

So how much of a beat down does your average citizen hAve to take before they absolutely go crazy against this backwards way of thinking

what age? birth giving age? that is still 12-13 years old.
and apparently they are allowed to thigh them before that.
Shiut their filthy prophet slammed a girl at 9 years old and if he did it it must be right huh. People on here talking about cultures need to realize islam was spread by the sword. That means you either converted or died so their "culture" as sick as it is was forced on people it wasnt adopted willingly. Just like most of these kids arent marrying willingly.
They shouldnt have backed off during the crusades they should have wiped all of them out because Islam is a bunch of shit. This sick pedo stole a bunch of stuff from some other religion added a few more lies and then killed people if they didnt believe it.

I don't see the evidence for that. Seems most want to join modern countries and take the Middle Ages with them.

At least, that is the image I get despite the media, wich is always praising the refugees, the relocated, the muslims in europe, the voluteers helping in the greek islands, etc...

If you follow Christ, you'll love your Wife sacrificially (you're willing to die for her), and you promise to love her as Christ love His Church.

If you follow muhamed, mating w/ a 9 year old is keeping it by the books!

Unless your a priest in which case those choir boys....yum!

In generally, poverty = people do shitty things.
Turkey and Kazakhstan are Muslim majority/heritage countries and women are treated fairly well in those areas because people have relatively high living standards (2nd world level).

Historically is not the same as nowadays.
It is not exclusive to poor muslims, try other stuff, cause that one wont work.
India sucks, bad example, as so does Pakistan.
Turkey treats well his women... give Erdogan 4 more years, and we will see..

Mohammad married a 6 years old, but he was such a gentleman that he waited until she was 9 to have sex with her. All Muzzies should look up to him as a shining example. In fact, ISIS has been his closest follower.

True that...sin has no boundaries.

It's not about "sin". Your religion places unrealistic expectations on the priests' sexual behaviour. I don't believe most of the pedo priests are actually attracted to children. They're sexually frustrated and since they're not allowed to sleep with women, they go crazy and end up assaulting the only thing available. And considering the high number of priests dying from AIDS, they're fucking each other as well, at least that doesn't hurt children.

It's not about "sin". Your religion places unrealistic expectations on the priests' sexual behaviour. I don't believe most of the pedo priests are actually attracted to children. They're sexually frustrated and since they're not allowed to sleep with women, they go crazy and end up assaulting the only thing available. And considering the high number of priests dying from AIDs, they're fucking each other as well, at least that doesn't hurt children.

There's actually a far more reasonable explanation. If priests were just normal dudes that were pent-up, there would be far more instances of them being caught having sex with women.

Instead, the fact that there is an institution that promotes abstinence, welcome people who are sexually deviant, because for one, they can hide there without people wondering why they aren't married, and two, it's an attempt at not being sexually deviant by committing to abstinence, but failing. Not to mention the fact that it's an organization where you can be around children.

This explanation has been noted, and is far more reasonable than just dudes told not to have sex and then flying off the handle and molesting boys. I'm sure those cases exist, but they're in the minority.

It's not about "sin". Your religion places unrealistic expectations on the priests' sexual behaviour. I don't believe most of the pedo priests are actually attracted to children. They're sexually frustrated and since they're not allowed to sleep with women, they go crazy and end up assaulting the only thing available. And considering the high number of priests dying from AIDS, they're fucking each other as well, at least that doesn't hurt children.
Take that up w/ the catholic church, Brotha!

But, what do you call a man of NO Faith who commits the same atrocious act? I call him a sinner as well.

I think people need to realize the way humanity progresses is by looking at the past and realizing some of the stuff we did was really stupid.

Muslims don't exactly do that. Lol. For instance. Slavery in America was evil and those people were evil. We shouldn't have slavery. Or cancer isn't caused by an angry God and therefore we should sacrifice people to heal people with cancer...

When people start this whole way of "well everyone did it in the past so person A wasn't wrong" it leads down a very moronic road.

As the man, you should understand that a child is not yet mentally developed enough to make life-altering (and presumably permanent) decisions. As such, I don't think the man can truly love the child, since he is taking advantage of that fact, and by extension, her.
If I'm not mistaken a person's brain doesn't finish developing until their mid 20s so why is the 18 year old so much more capable of such a decision than 14 year old? There's also the fact that girls enter puberty earlier and tend to mature faster sexually.Who's to say you average 13-15 year old girl isn't as capable of consenting to sex and marriage as your average 16-18 year old boy?

If I'm not mistaken a person's brain doesn't finish developing until their mid 20s so why is the 18 year old so much more capable of such a decision than 14 year old? There's also the fact that girls enter puberty earlier and tend to mature faster sexually.Who's to say you average 13-15 year old girl isn't as capable of consenting to sex and marriage as your average 16-18 year old boy?

By this slippery slope logic, we should ban all age requirements for everything.

I don't know what the age of consent should be, we can argue about that, but there should definitely be one. As an adult, you should recognize that a child probably doesn't understand what the implications of marriage are. 8 year olds, dude...

I think the key word in this is "arbitrary." Frankly the ages we set for the things we do are, at least to some degree, arbitrary. When you start to justify the ages set, someone can justify another age quite easily. Older or younger, there are always reasons why the age chosen is the wrong one and another is the right one. We have, to some degree, arbitrarily chosen the age of consent many here are acting as if were absolute moral rules. They aren't, and the mind that acts as if they are is one that hasn't looked at them critically. The stage is set for subjective interpretation and the ethical slide - so, get ready for a ride when the immigrants we welcome with the intent to respect their culture say "why 18?" Their arguments will not be without reason backing them.

Sky high divorce rates suggest that our culture doesn't create people "mentally developed" enough for marriage well past the legal age and, in fact, that people may never be "mentally developed" or "mature" or whatever you want to call it. Hell, the evidence that the way we look at marriage is dysfunctional is staggering, and or notion of legal consent is so convoluted and at times contradictory that it becomes almost nonsensical - and we're sitting here patting each other on the back for how wrong some other culture has it. Again, cultural imperialism in action.

I could be a prick and start down the road of attacking the claim of "she's a child - she doesn't know what that means yet" and focus on the absurdity of the idea that, at 18, when our culture slams down its societal gavel and says "you can now consent," the mental children we are releasing into the world "know what it means." I've known fifteen year olds who likely have more claim to knowing "what it means" - concerning love - than some forty year olds. Again arbitrary is the key word - because many of the standards in question were set arbitrarily and devastating countercases could be leveled against them if we weren't so indoctrinated into thinking "This is the right way of doing it."

I think we both know that if we started down a path of the justification for the age of consent, our standards of who can get marriage, we'd find they're culturally rooted, to some degree arbitrarily chosen, and the basis for those ages and standards of marriage could be torn down in a reasonable manner. But, I'm not here to do that... Consider this a warning - we're all sitting here having our little 21s century Western values back patting session, a veritable echo chamber, laughing at the way this other culture does things, but the argument is coming. If you want things to stay the way they are, you had better hope that those posters that say "Love always wins" were wrong.

I've got work to do. Enjoy the echo chamber... Just don't delude yourself that because everyone here agrees with you, a group of largely Western World people indoctrinated into one cultural standard, that the world at large is going to do so as well. When you open your doors and actually attempt to respect their cultures, you'll hear the counter cases, and all of the sudden ideas like our set age of marriage, age of consent, etc, will be on the table.
I think there is a way to make the argument that one way is better than the other and that's to look at the outcomes. What are the long term mental and physical health outcomes for child marriages vs marriages where both individual are at least 18? I don't know at the moment but I would bet that girls who marry under the age of 15 probably have worse outcomes overall.

Back