Herb Dean made a huge mistake and if you blame Bisping you're as dumb as a door

TonyAlvein

The heir of the Dragon
@Green
Reaction score
He failed in interrupting the fight to put the mouthpiece in a moment when the fight was actionless, Anderson was dirty when he saw that Bisping was looking to the other side. If the fighter isn't looking at his opponent and calling the judge, the judge MUST interfere to see what's happening.

But according to some dumbass' here, a good strategy to fight is to give a kick in the balls and keep going on beating the guy. Or maybe deliberately stick my finger in my opponents' eyes and continue spanking him. "He has to protect himself, after all". Oh yeah, that's the strategy of a fan-favorite LHW here. You must have the same addictions that guy has.

I don't think what you wrote there is the actual rules.

I do think Anderson was a bit dirty though.

Anderson was pressuring bisbing he had him against the fence, why would they stop the action when he was about to get KO'd which he did.

I dont blame the guy for not wanting to lose his teeth but he picked a bad moment to do it. Anderson got him with a knee,but because bisping totally gave him that oppurtunity,i dont think people should be so buttsore about the ref not stopping the fight or anderson losing. They act like Anderson is the shit for landing a knee on a guy that gave it to him. Anderson was in the right to go for it,but he got a freebie there he otherwise wouldnt have been able to get,and he couldnt repeat it.

He failed in interrupting the fight to put the mouthpiece in a moment when the fight was actionless, Anderson was dirty when he saw that Bisping was looking to the other side. If the fighter isn't looking at his opponent and calling the judge, the judge MUST interfere to see what's happening.

But according to some dumbass' here, a good strategy to fight is to give a kick in the balls and keep going on beating the guy. Or maybe deliberately stick my finger in my opponents' eyes and continue spanking him. "He has to protect himself, after all". Oh yeah, that's the strategy of a fan-favorite LHW here. You must have the same addictions that guy has.
Judges score points btw not anything else, and you just making shit up.

Great argument. You seem to really know what you're talking about.

Bisbing also poked silva in the eye in that, who is the dirty one now.

Let's not start acting as if Anderson is some kind of pure and innocent angel. He knew what was going on and did it to take an unfair advantage.

Be a man when commenting on this thread and act reasonably.

It's not the fighters job to stop the fight, it's the refs. Herb didn't see a proper time to stop the fight and give bisping his mouth piece. The reason he didn't during the slight lull in action is because bisping was looking to the ref and silva took advantage. Herb was about to step in and the reason he couldn't was because silva took advantage of bisping stupidity.

Well I felt the same way and I have been watching MMA since the beginning and been going to live events since 2000, but the mouthpiece rules are that their must be a break in the action to stop the fight and put the mouthpiece back in which to the avg person makes no sense because he could lose his teeth before that break in action comes. Here is where it makes sense, the reason the rule is this way is because guys who are getting mauled or can't catch their breath would spit their mouthpiece out on purpose left and right to catch that little break. Silva was engaging Bisping and I thought Herb Dean was calling Silva off but he was telling Bisping to continue. Its a catch 22 in my opinion but thanks to cheaters,criminals,etc the honest people have to follow fucked up rules. You need your cup because you need your balls and you need your mouthpiece so you can keep your teeth but Unfortunately after educating myself better on the rules and why I completely understand.

Well I felt the same way and I have been watching MMA since the beginning and been going to live events since 2000, but the mouthpiece rules are that their must be a break in the action to stop the fight and put the mouthpiece back in which to the avg person makes no sense because he could lose his teeth before that break in action comes. Here is where it makes sense, the reason the rule is this way is because guys who are getting mauled or can't catch their breath would spit their mouthpiece out on purpose left and right to catch that little break. Silva was engaging Bisping and I thought Herb Dean was calling Silva off but he was telling Bisping to continue. Its a catch 22 in my opinion but thanks to cheaters,criminals,etc the honest people have to follow fucked up rules. You need your cup because you need your balls and you need your mouthpiece so you can keep your teeth but Unfortunately after educating myself better on the rules and why I completely understand.

I understand what you said and agree with you: guys would be spitting mouthpieces frequently. That's the rule and it makes perfect sense. The thing is: the action stopped. It was a long time range after they split up and between it and anderson kneed him. Herb could and should've interrupted in that moment, and Bisping warned him about it. While being concussed, in the meantime.

There was 5 seconds left in the round. Bisping was trying to cheat out the clock and should have continued to defend himself

Let's not start acting as if Anderson is some kind of pure and innocent angel. He knew what was going on and did it to take an unfair advantage.

Be a man when commenting on this thread and act reasonably.

TS join date - 2014
Today's date - 2016

TS wants Sherdog to "Be a man when commenting on this thread and act reasonably". He clearly understands how things work here. His knowledge of Sherdog is only second to his knowledge of mouthpieces. Silva clearly ripped Bisping's mouthpiece out, which is illegal. Bisping did NOT allow his own mouthpiece to come out. It was Silva's fault for striking him near the mouth region.

By the way, Bisping won the fight 3 rounds to 2, no?

You are the one as dumb as a door, and i can proove it to ya

First of all, if a fight is taking place where fighter A is stalking and pressuring fighter B against the cage, that fight is not actionless, as a matter of fact, it is actually a very dangerous situation for fighter B to be put on, just ask Junior dos Santos.

The fight had not been stopped, so Anderson was more than right to keep fighting, fighters are not allowed to ask for a time out, and if they do, the judge will stop the fight and make their opponent victorious.

Even Bisping said that Anderson was right to keep fighting.

You can argue that Herb should have stopped the fight, but you can't really blame him because the fight was still in action. I soundly believe that if bisping would not look at the referee to ask for a time out, Anderson would not have landed the knee and caused all this controversy.

So yeah, it was more Bisping's fault than Herb's.

You're as dumb as a door, my good sir.

No, fighter's don't get to call their own timeouts. If the fighter disengages in theory they are conceding and the fight can be stopped

I agree it was shamelessly opportunistic of Silva, no matter how legal, but it's not like following up on a deliberate foul at all. Bisping losing the mouthpiece and subsequently taking his focus off his opponent to talk to the ref is what gave Silva the opportunity, not a foul. They were all culpable to a degree, Silva the least so since he technically did not do anything wrong.

Back