Herb Dean made a huge mistake and if you blame Bisping you're as dumb as a door

Anderson really was going all out after he saw Bisping drop his mouth piece, a flying knee isn't a strike you just throw at random, he knew Bisping was distracted and would not counter with a punch or anything at the time, low risk high reward move. Yes he is a bit of a dirty fighter.

No. Bisping made a very, very bad decision.

He does this a lot. He will converse with the ref if he thinks something is unfair. He's done it during his fights with Vitor, Luke, and now Silva. It's not even something in passing- he will turn to him, giving him his full attention. That's one of the poorest choices you can make in the middle of a fight. There were less than 3 seconds on the clock when he turned to Herb. If he'd kept his wits he might not have been aced.

He failed in interrupting the fight to put the mouthpiece in a moment when the fight was actionless, Anderson was dirty when he saw that Bisping was looking to the other side. If the fighter isn't looking at his opponent and calling the judge, the judge MUST interfere to see what's happening.

And end the fight because that fighter just stopped the fight.

Okay, Anderson won.

^ No. That's not how it works. Bisping messed up, he said so himself even.

Bisping should thank Herb Dean for not ruling it a KO. Although it was the right decision another ref might of not seen it that way. Bisping just should of kept fighting. The round was almost over. The action never stopped. There was space created before the knee that landed but that is only because Anderson had the clinch and missed with his first knee. Causing the space. He never stopped attacking. He threw another knee right afterwards. The Knee that landed. 100 % Bispings fault.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/bisping-should-thank-herb-dean.3183621/

Fight is stopped/paused when the ref says its stopped - until then, fight goes on as normal

there were numerous fights were fighters had their mouthpieces out - in most, refs wont immediately pause the fight for the fighter to insert his mouth piece back
refs will first wait at least a few seconds until the action stops or stales for long enough (big john mcarthy likes to do this often) - some do not even notice that fighters have their mouth piece out (since fighters dont even complain of the fact)

this was the case in this fight - you may call it dirty or whatever, but anderson silva did not break any rules
bisping was complaining, put his guard down and got his head caved in - that will teach him not to try to argue with a judge in a middle of a fight and to defend himself at ALL TIMES (as he was explained to by the ref, in the locker room before the fight)

He failed in interrupting the fight to put the mouthpiece in a moment when the fight was actionless, Anderson was dirty when he saw that Bisping was looking to the other side. If the fighter isn't looking at his opponent and calling the judge, the judge MUST interfere to see what's happening.

But according to some dumbass' here, a good strategy to fight is to give a kick in the balls and keep going on beating the guy. Or maybe deliberately stick my finger in my opponents' eyes and continue spanking him. "He has to protect himself, after all". Oh yeah, that's the strategy of a fan-favorite LHW here. You must have the same addictions that guy has.

Their's no doubt Herb Dean sucks as a ref but the first thing you are taught in any combat sport is to protect yourself at all times. Bisping didn't do that and Silva did what he was supposed to do. Herb never called for time or stepped in between the fighter to give Bisping his mouthpiece back. To call Silva a dirty fighter is just plain stupid as Herb never stopped the action and Bisping should never had taken his eyes off Silva.

Protect yourself at all times, first thing you learn in any gym in the world.

If the fighter isn't looking at his opponent and calling the judge, the judge MUST interfere to see what's happening.

Actually.... Nope.

You are just making shit up.

There are no timeouts in MMA and Bisping begging Herb Dean to save his ass is not a legit maneuver in a fight.

Furthermore judges are given the ability to stop the fight at their discretion during a break in the action only... There was no break in action, Bisping was clearly in danger the whole time.

And most importantly there was no stoppage.

How is this hard for people to grasp?

Last edited:
I'll say it again, then:

Kick the guy's nuts and keep punching him. When he complains, "Hey dude, protect yourself at all times"

Why is it that the vast majority of people that registered here after 2012 or 2013 seem "slow"? Get out, n00bs.

Why is it that the vast majority of people that registered here after 2012 or 2013 seem "slow"? Get out, n00bs.
"can conor beat anthony johnson?"

"anderson coulda won he just didnt seem interested to win"

"this guy is cutting weight to cheat by beating up smaller guys"

"roids,cheater,asterisk"

"this guy has terrible fight iq,i should know,im a sherdog poster"

its true that Bisping shouldn't have dropped his guard but in typical fashion refs almost always stop fights immediately to return a fighter's mouth guard just look at the fucking holm\ronda fight as of late ffs

second thing is its not like both men was blitzing each other from the moment the mouth piece was dropped there was ample opportunity to pause the fight for a second Silva only moved in when Bisping dropped his guard

its true that Bisping shouldn't have dropped his guard but in typical fashion refs almost always stop fights immediately to return a fighter's mouth guard just look at the fucking holm\ronda fight as of late ffs

second thing is its not like both men was blitzing each other from the moment the mouth piece was dropped there was ample opportunity to pause the fight for a second Silva only moved in when Bisping dropped his guard

I'm so happy when someone here has some sense of reality. Thank you, sir

But according to some dumbass' here, a good strategy to fight is to give a kick in the balls and keep going on beating the guy. Or maybe deliberately stick my finger in my opponents' eyes and continue spanking him. "He has to protect himself, after all". Oh yeah, that's the strategy of a fan-favorite LHW here. You must have the same addictions that guy has.
The typical sherdog post "opinion: if you don't agree with my opinion you are dumb". Great post 10/10 would read again

It amazes me when people are proud of not knowing the rules...

The typical sherdog post "opinion: if you don't agree with my opinion you are dumb". Great post 10/10 would read again

I'm not that kind of guy. In this case, however, it's hard to think about it other way and not realize that you have no touch with reality if you believe that Bisping was threatened by a guy 2 meters away from him and believe that Herb didn't have time to pull the stoppage and give Bisping his mouthpiece.

You're welcome to convince me otherwise, tho. Convince everyone that it was impossible to Herb to stop the fight the moment they split away from the clinch.

It amazes me when people are proud of not knowing the rules...

You have no touch with reality if you believe that Bisping was threatened by a guy 2 meters away from him and believe that Herb didn't have time to pull the stoppage and give Bisping his mouthpiece.
You're welcome to convince me otherwise, tho. Convince everyone that it was impossible to Herb to stop the fight the moment they split away from the clinch. [2]

Back