1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Herb Dean made a huge mistake and if you blame Bisping you're as dumb as a door

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TonyAlvein, Feb 29, 2016.

1. mbach4307 Banned Banned

Mistake by herb, yes. Mistake by Michael, yes. A little cheap by Anderson, yes.
    There was an opportunity to let bisping get his mouthpiece back in without breaking the action, but herb looked at him and said keep fighting, so after that it's on bisping. Anderson took an opportunity. It was obviously opportunistic at best, but thems the breaks.

2. wushuguy White Belt

Bisping was getting wrecked. He broke away from the Thai clinch and his momentum carried him to the fence, 2 meters away from Anderson. Anderson then continued to go after him. Bisping was looking to get saved, and got a knee to the face for his efforts. At no point was there a lull in the action. Getting thrown away from an opponent still coming after you is not a break in the action.

3. TalkingHominid Green Belt

There is nothing wrong with this situation. Herb Dean was 100% correct, as was Anderson. Bisping knows the rules.

4. High Altitude Black Belt

Protect yourself at all times!!!

5. Flex Plexico customized Gucci accessories

Tony thread
    [​IMG]

6. High Altitude Black Belt

Just watched the vid again. Great job by Herb.

7. eiyuu Silver Belt

Michael Bisping: My fault for signaling ref Dean

I guess Bisping is "dumb as a door" then.

8. Scheme Yellow Card Yellow Card

Good point, except Anderson poked Bisping in the eye first.

9. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

This is weird. I've never seen so much bitching over a such a non-issue.

In case you forgot, Bisping won the fight.

10. Darwinambrosius Thought you had a friend, boy?

bisping knows full well what "protect yourself at all times" means.

11. GBcrazy Brown Belt

I know for sure Anderson was dirty.

12. screaminleeman Red Belt

It is an incredibly difficult issue to resolve. There is no set limit to the number of mouth piece incidents that a fighter can benefit from. Even if there was, (IMO) is no way to discern if the first time a mouth piece is dislodged from an opponent that it was purely accidental. Fighters would still intentionally "lose" their mouth piece when put in serious danger to avoid a stoppage (similar to never deducting a point on the "first" eye poke) and just remain careful from that point on.

I also see the flip side. MMA gloves are to protect the fighters hands. When there is a malfunction with the gloves, the referee immediately stops the action to have the glove malfunction rectified. I can't qualify why cups or mouth pieces do not hold the same level of "significance" as do the gloves!

13. Crazyced Purple Belt

Herb didn't stop the fight for the mothpiece and it was Bisping's fuck up. Herb didn't stop the fight for the knockdown and it was Silva's fuck up. I'd say it turned out find in the end.

14. Roop Holstry Red Belt

15. jeff7b9 Silver Belt

Literally everything you have posted has been wrong.

- Herb Dean himself said he couldn't stop the fight without a break in the action (unlike you he actually knows the rules)
    -Bisping said it was his own fault and OF COURSE he was in danger, he got knocked out you fuckwit.

Jesus Christ, you are literally too stupid to have a conversation with. Guess I'm going to have to put you on the ignore list... now I get why people post "Tony Thread" with a pic of a guy shaking his head or walking out of the room....

16. Xuro White Belt

Dude you're a bit late to the party, this has already been discussed in several threads L2S.

17. The Bard Brown Belt

Says the guy who started the thread by saying if you disagree with him you are as dumb as a door.

LOL. Is this Idiocracy or real life?

18. Doodles Brown Belt

Silva went 'Full Palhares' when he jumped on the fence and pretended that he thought that the fight was over despite it being obvious that Bisping was saved by the bell and about 10 people telling him the fight wasn't over. It looked like a desperate attempt to somehow get the fight called. Did he think Herb was going to say "Oh go on then, the fight is over because you're acting like a winner"

19. JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

There was 10 seconds left in the round, Anderson had landed several shots on Bisping and was in the process of following his work up. It's on Bisping for getting his mouthpiece knocked out in the first place, and it shouldn't earn him a break when Anderson was having real success and following it up late in the round. As far as I'm concerned, Bisping was looking for a break and Dean did well not to grant him one. It's on Bisping for being an idiot, just as he admitted. Credit to Bisping of coming back after and hustling a decision, though.

20. Redhawks100 Gold Belt

People act like Weidman is the shit when Silva gave the KO to him. Weidman had a 'freebie'.

Isn't that funny