News Henry Cejudo vs. Aljamain Sterling on March 5th - UFC 285 - for the belt

Who you got?

• Total voters
From what I’ve heard Cejudo said it’s next, but he doesn’t know if Aljo also accepted the fight.
So I think we have to wait a little before it’s really confirmed at this moment

Sounds like ducking. Bet he was hoping for O'Malley.

It be hilarious if Aljo went 5-0 and the refs go full highway robbery.

His 1 fan will rage. <Moves>

interesting.
285: Sterling vs Cejudo (probably)
286: Edwards vs Usman (probably)

as far as men's divisions, that leaves only heavyweight and middleweight open for 287 unless something crazy happens. Gane vs Pavlovich? Ap vs Izzy II or Ap vs Whittaker? I wouldn't mind any of those paired with Weili vs Lemos.

Henry smokes him

Legit generational talent

understanding that there is no reason to take anything Henry says at face value, this would have to be right at the bottom of the list for "anticipated title fights in 2023" for me

interesting.
285: Sterling vs Cejudo (probably)
286: Edwards vs Usman (probably)

as far as men's divisions, that leaves only heavyweight and middleweight open for 287 unless something crazy happens. Gane vs Pavlovich? Ap vs Izzy II or Ap vs Whittaker? I wouldn't mind any of those paired with Weili vs Lemos.
I thought Usman had no chance of returning just yet bc of a hand injury... Or is that just a rumor?

understanding that there is no reason to take anything Henry says at face value, this would have to be right at the bottom of the list for "anticipated title fights in 2023" for me
That's a great fight. Cejudo is one of the best fighters ever, period. Aljo is kinda meh, but on paper, he's making a strong case for him as a top bw.

Would like to see it, but doubt it happens

I just want triple C to be training like a savage and come back in good form.

He comes back anywhere near when he left off, then I have high hopes for him.

Bro you’re no longer green
<mma1>
upload_2023-1-7_11-40-13.png

JUST KIDDING

ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

Has this been confirmed by the UFC?

I can't see cejudo beating sterling if that match-up is actually made.

Cejudo went on a hot streak with some fortunate match ups and then got out-

Arguably lost to DJ, was getting chewed up against Moraes before Marlon gassed hard and subsequently went on his losing streak one fight afterwards, KO'd the skeleton of Dillashaw and then hasn't fought for about 3 years after beating a Cruz who was coming off a 3 or 4 year break from mma himself

This is the cringiest title fight ever. Idk who I want to lose more.

Don't ask me why I'm so confident because I don't know. But Aljo all day ery day

The cejudo dick eating is crazy right now bro.

He was a top flyweight but his bantamweight 'career' has been one of the most misleading things in MMA history.

In Cejudo's two fights he was getting beaten badly before a comeback by a guy who went 1-5 (arguably 0-6) afterwards. Then he beat a mostly shot, elderly cripple who went to a split decision with Casey Kenney in his next fight and most recently got murdered by a top contender. These wins do not hold up to scrutiny.

People talk about him as if there aren't still massive questions about his ability to compete with prime bantamweights even disregarding his old age.

He was a top flyweight but his bantamweight 'career' has been one of the most misleading things in MMA history.

In Cejudo's two fights he was getting beaten badly before a comeback by a guy who went 1-5 (arguably 0-6) afterwards. Then he beat a mostly shot, elderly cripple who went to a split decision with Casey Kenney in his next fight and most recently got murdered by a top contender. These wins do not hold up to scrutiny.

People talk about him as if there aren't still massive questions about his ability to compete with prime bantamweights even disregarding his old age.
Precisely.
What, is he going to suddenly become confortable with grappling with sterling? Is he going to hold him down for five rounds? Remember he couldn't take Marlon down. He wasn't known for TDD

Is he going to outstrike him? He is indeed the better technical striker but the reach disadvantage is significant. You think sterling won't keep distance and kick and even run away if he needs to?

Also remember sterling doesn't need to take him down to sink the rnc. He just needs a back clinch near the cage.

I understand picking cejudo. But the margin is unreasonable. The dick eating is crazy right now. The same dudes that said cejudo was corny and would lose to TJ are now his biggest fans. Ridiculous. There's a reason cejudo avoided sterling when he was champ

Back