• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Henry Cejudo vs. Aljamain Sterling on March 5th - UFC 285 - for the belt

Who you got?

• Total voters
CCC with the win. Aljo should still move up though
I'm not sure how much I want Sterling to move up in regards to how Sterling will do at Featherweight, or even how featherweight will be served by his presence. But as long as there's a top contender at bantamweight he won't fight, one of them shouldn't be there. That's a good ass division, and we don't need a champ and pseudo-champ tag team trying to chew through contenders at double the pace

I'm not sure how much I want Sterling to move up in regards to how Sterling will do at Featherweight, or even how featherweight will be served by his presence. But as long as there's a top contender at bantamweight he won't fight, one of them shouldn't be there. That's a good ass division, and we don't need a champ and pseudo-champ tag team trying to chew threw contenders at double the pace
135 is very log jammed with a lot of guys who could move up (O'malley, Sterling, Font, Sandhagen). I think Sterling would end up being like the Max holloway of 135. Not to mention he might do better at 145, with the extra weight and not draining himself.

Damn, that card certainly needed something. Interesting fight, for sure.

Another one for the "MMA Retirements not being a Retirement" list.

But seriously, I'm actually glad he's back. All the bs and cringe aside, he's an incredibly gifted fighter. I'm very intrigued by this match-up and feel it will bring out the best of both guys.

Man shoutout to the BW division. While we bitch and moan about WW not moving along, here you have a bunch of killers willing, ready and able to fight eachother and put it on the line. Sandhagen vs Vera and hopefully Merab vs Yan next and we're good.

This has been a clusterfuck ever since they passed over Aldo and made him fight Merab at elevation in Utah and gave TJ the shot over him. Cejudo has done nothing but yap for years, dump two titles simultaneously and walk away. I don't think he really deserves it.

Why not give it to Chito or even O'Malley for that matter and have Cejudo fight Sandhagen upon his return and actually earn it? It isn't like Henry really moves the needle. The UFC must really dislike Aljo and want someone to get that belt off of him ASAP.

I hope Aljo wins. He's done nothing but show up and fight after being rightfully awarded the belt for Yan's stupidity. Did he milk it? Yes. Should he have told the ref he was impaired and couldn't continue without embellishing? Yes. He still didn't knee himself in the head while down.

Anyway, hit the thread with a poll.

Back