Hendricks vs Lawler: Who really won?

How can we complain that fighters go out there with a gameplan and do enough to win? That is the way it will always be and fighters will never be given an incentive to do anything else.

As far as who really won the fight? I'm pretty sure Jonny has the W and the belt, no amount of crying and complaining will change it

Hendricks 3 rounds to 2.

Anybody who tries to argue that is definitely a Hendricks hater.

Lawler IMO. I don't reward wrestling much if at all. All of Hendricks' takedowns led to absolutely nothing and Lawler got up super easily.

You did not watch the fight. I can bet on that.

Hendricks won, and only because Lawler took him way to seriously at the beginning and let Hendricks leg kick him in the first 2 rounds while he was seeing if he did hit hard. Lawler would crush him in a rematch

Cause this time he will have both the biceps torn, both the shins fractured? Keep living in your bubble of delusion.

Hendricks won on points. Both gents had each other in big trouble at some point. Both were swinging for the fences. Neither one backed down.

I wouldn't mind seeing these kinda fights scored as a draw more.

Hendricks was not winning the round before the takedown. Judges got it right however, Hendricks won the fight.

Hendricks, though I don't like him.

48-47, no other way to score it.

IMO, Lawler lose to himself. He was more than capable to finish the fight in some ocasions.. but was always steping back.. was weird as fuck.

But Hendricks is a badass mofo for sure. He was not in his best performance. If he did what he did agains GSP, Lawler was not gong to make 3 round. But that was not his night and Lawler did not took advantage...

Was a close fight. Robbie did better than I thought and I had him winning. But that last round went to Hendricks' favor. I thought Hendricks needed a finish but apparently his earlier rounds were enough. Guess I judge by the fight as a whole.

Fans are so afraid of a takedown stealing a round, when they see one they forget the rest of the round.

You know, I think that must be what it is. Because Hendricks was laying into Lawler pretty hard in round 5 and hurt him clearly. I thought Johny only went the TD route as he had injured his arm and wanted to make it impossible for Lawler to rally late.

Was a close fight. Robbie did better than I thought and I had him winning. But that last round went to Hendricks' favor. I thought Hendricks needed a finish but apparently his earlier rounds were enough. Guess I judge by the fight as a whole.

Or maybe you just wanted Lawler to win? Because judging the fight as a whole I'd have called it a draw, round by round I thought it was a very clear 3-2. One of the clearest.

Depeding on what you define as "win". To me it was essentially a tie, but Hendricks ended stronger so I have no problem with the decision.

I like Robbie more because of his cool ko power and he oldschool. Hendricks got more points and stuff and beat him at mma but Robbie is cooler so I think he won.

Back